Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Cathedral’s O’Neil to Colorado…

2 hours ago, Grover said:

Yeah I’m reading that San Diego State has hired Lewis.

I just read an article on ESPN that they (SDSU and Lewis) are "expected to finalize a deal in the near future". Seems promising for Mr Lewis and Mr O'Neil may like the weather in San Diego better than Boulder. 

On 11/28/2023 at 6:16 PM, Grover said:

Yeah I’m reading that San Diego State has hired Lewis. 

Now that Texas A&M has Hired Mike Elko as their Head Coach from Duke, do you think Tyler Cherry will decommit from Duke? Or do you think he will continue with whatever coaching staff Duke brings in and look to get that Duke degree. I am sure both getting a degree from Duke and Coach Elko and his staff were part of his decision making.

Just now, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I mean, I think Prime will listen to them especially if the money is right, but would Tallahassee forgive him for taking those jobs?

He'd be taking one of those jobs for the sole reason to spite Florida State. He's not happy they passed him over for Mike Norvell a few years back. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I can definitely see him being petty like that given his outspoken criticisms of not being named the FSU coach.

My guy (Sanders) you have to earn it, not just be given it because you are a school legend.  

That would be like Florida handing the Keys to Danny Wuerrffel just because he won a natty and the Heisman. 

From a very reliable source, Danny has a couple of interesting visits in the near future.  He's had a lot of interest since he decommitted.  Personally, I love to see him team up again with Jaron Tibbs at Purdue.  I might even become a quasi Boiler fan if that happens.😀

On 12/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, PHJIrish said:

From a very reliable source, Danny has a couple of interesting visits in the near future.  He's had a lot of interest since he decommitted.  Personally, I love to see him team up again with Jaron Tibbs at Purdue.  I might even become a quasi Boiler fan if that happens.😀

Didn't Mr. Football from a couple of years ago go to Purdue with Brohm .....

Did he leave?

On 12/1/2023 at 8:12 AM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

My guy (Sanders) you have to earn it, not just be given it because you are a school legend.  

That would be like Florida handing the Keys to Danny Wuerrffel just because he won a natty and the Heisman. 

Agree. Coaching at the Power Five level can hit you like a ton of bricks. You're now coaching against the best of the best. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 9:55 PM, PHJIrish said:

Coach Lewis got him a QB from Indy too.

I kind of seriously thought he would end up at San Diego St. Hearing Coach Lewis took the Head Coaching position and  O'Neil mentioning some interest from the West Coast. Lewis was the one recruiting him to Colorado so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. San Diego St. signed what was deemed the Mountain West's top rated recruiting class. As for Danny O'Neil what a joy to be able to head to San Diego to play football for college big difference in weather!