Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Who is your Top 6?

BTF

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

The Committee got it right!

Not really. The more I think about this the more I think this whole thing is a joke. The committee simply bumped Alabama because they were terrified of what the aftermath would be if they left out the SEC. Alabama's shot at the playoff should have went out the window with the loss to Texas. All Florida State did was go undefeated in a power five conference. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Gotta beat ‘em eventually.

I remember how ecstatic I was with the TCU matchup…lol.

I'll be honest and I know it's the easy way out, but...............If Notre Dame was in Michigan's place, I would have been heavily rooting for Florida State. 

Now, before someone comes on here and says that I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth, let me just say that there's a difference here in the best four teams and the four that deserve to be here. The committee is making a claim that it's about the best four teams, which is why they bumped Bama over FSU. Can we honestly believe that they think Georgia is the 6th best team? No, we cannot. They put an SEC team in out of utter terror. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'll be honest and I know it's the easy way out, but...............If Notre Dame was in Michigan's place, I would have been heavily rooting for Florida State. 

Now, before someone comes on here and says that I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth, let me just say that there's a difference here in the best four teams and the four that deserve to be here. The committee is making a claim that it's about the best four teams, which is why they bumped Bama over FSU. Can we honestly believe that they think Georgia is the 6th best team? No, we cannot. They put an SEC team in out of utter terror. 

Oh, trust me.  Woulda rather had FSU as the opponent but there is no better measuring stick to determine where your program is than to play the SEC champ, coached by Nick Saban.

22 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh, trust me.  Woulda rather had FSU as the opponent but there is no better measuring stick to determine where your program is than to play the SEC champ, coached by Nick Saban.

Can't argue that. I'll be heavily rooting for Michigan though, Saban has enough titles. 

51 minutes ago, BTF said:

Can't argue that. I'll be heavily rooting for Michigan though, Saban has enough titles. 

Saban has a bunch of titles because he's a good coach, and good coaches get good players.

The four best teams in the Country were chosen to play for the big trophy.  Florida State had a great year, but they came up a QB short.

11 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Saban has a bunch of titles because he's a good coach, and good coaches get good players.

The four best teams in the Country were chosen to play for the big trophy.  Florida State had a great year, but they came up a QB short.

Serious question; if roles were reversed and Alabama was staring at a 13-0 season without its starting QB available for the CFP, is the committee leaving them out? Not a chance in hell.

Wasn’t all that long ago Ohio State won the whole damn thing with their 3rd string QB. Anyone remember any discussion about leaving Ohio St out? I don’t.

This is a pure money grab. Bama draws more eyeballs than Florida St, nothing more nothing less. You won’t convince me FSU would have been in WITH a healthy QB given the way this weekend played out. The committee would have just move their criteria goal posts from “FSU has no QB” to “Alabama played in a better conference”.

Brett McMurphy reporting the ACC has entered into any bowl conversations with their partners. Total ACC bowl boycott would be an appropriate response given they’ve basically been labeled a G5 conference by thf committee.

• Like 3

I empathize with FSU, I really do, but strength of schedule triumphs being undefeated. You just can’t say or believe FSU would be undefeated playing Alabama’s schedule. I see an absolute minimum of 2 losses, most likely 4-5 losses for FSU.

I truly believe the best 4 teams still didn’t get in. If it were me, Georgia has to be in and I would take Texas out

11 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I truly believe the best 4 teams still didn’t get in. If it were me, Georgia has to be in and I would take Texas out

That's the problem I have with it. Pick a lane and stay there. If it's the "best teams" and not "who's most deserving," then in with Georgia, out with Texas. 

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Serious question; if roles were reversed and Alabama was staring at a 13-0 season without its starting QB available for the CFP, is the committee leaving them out? Not a chance in hell.

Wasn’t all that long ago Ohio State won the whole damn thing with their 3rd string QB. Anyone remember any discussion about leaving Ohio St out? I don’t.

This is a pure money grab. Bama draws more eyeballs than Florida St, nothing more nothing less. You won’t convince me FSU would have been in WITH a healthy QB given the way this weekend played out. The committee would have just move their criteria goal posts from “FSU has no QB” to “Alabama played in a better conference”.

Brett McMurphy reporting the ACC has entered into any bowl conversations with their partners. Total ACC bowl boycott would be an appropriate response given they’ve basically been labeled a G5 conference by thf committee.

The goalposts are constantly changing.

First it was conference championships, then strength of schedule, then the “eye test.”

Hell, if we are looking at one loss teams (and I know I said above they weren’t one of the best four) what are we now saying about Ohio State?

I mean, they have the best loss in the country now right?  A 6 point loss on the road to the current #1 team in the country with the ball on the plus side of the 50 and :34 seconds left.

It’s all so dumb and will be taken care of next year.  Team #12 can argue all they want but they won’t have a leg to stand on.

This came down to the fact that the SEC has won 6 of true 9 CFP’s and they didn’t want to leave them out.  Plain and simple.  Saban’s comments LAST year made them hesitant to screw them again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I empathize with FSU, I really do, but strength of schedule triumphs being undefeated. You just can’t say or believe FSU would be undefeated playing Alabama’s schedule. I see an absolute minimum of 2 losses, most likely 4-5 losses for FSU.

That isn’t how it has ever worked. Florida State was 2-0 against the SEC this year with both games being away from home. You’re basically saying results don’t matter. An undefeated P5 team has never been left out of the playoff until today…at the expense of an SEC for TV ratings. 

Edited by Footballking16

The CFP is not an NCAA championship. It’s an entertainment venture. Their charter says the goal is to get the 4 best teams in the country, so as to maximize the entertainment value of the events. Given their objective, I think they got it exactly right.

20 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

That isn’t how it has ever worked. Florida State was 2-0 against the SEC this year with both games being away from home. You’re basically saying results don’t matter. An undefeated P5 team has never been left out of the playoff until today…at the expense of an SEC for TV ratings. 

You are right, money talks and ESPN is  in bed with the SEC so…. FSU had a nice season with a piss poor schedule, that is fact. Here is the problem: what is the criteria? It changes to fit the committee’s purpose, that much is obvious

11 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

You are right, money talks and ESPN is  in bed with the SEC so…. FSU had a nice season with a piss poor schedule, that is fact. Here is the problem: what is the criteria? It changes to fit the committee’s purpose, that much is obvious

Florida State can’t control their schedule anymore than Alabama can and they won every game on it. Clearly the criteria is to guarantee an auto-bid for one SEC team and find 3 other teams to compete all while saying so and so metric was used when in reality it wasn’t.