Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

What is Nike thinking?

swordfish

20 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Calling BS on this also. I'm not aware of any youth sports programs that force participants to purchase a certain brand of shoe. Maybe they do things different down there in Johnson County.

I would think more in terms of apparel for organizations. I would guess some organizations are large enough they would order uniforms from Lids (now part of BSN). In talking to the salesman from BSN, he said he did see some drop off from the original CK/Nike deal. Lids was Nike exclusively, BSN also offers UA as well. A local HS made a big to do over dropping all of their Nike uniforms and signing up with UA. 

Honestly it's a bunch of grandstanding, the target demographic is still the yute of the world, and I don't see them giving a hoot what Nike does, their stuff is cool. Personally I'm way past being cool, I'm about comfort and function, Nike isn't on the radar, nor has it been in years. 

30 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Calling BS on this also. I'm not aware of any youth sports programs that force participants to purchase a certain brand of shoe. Maybe they do things different down there in Johnson County.

Newsflash:  Nike makes more than shoes.

You're welcome.

• Disdain 1

12 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

A local HS made a big to do over dropping all of their Nike uniforms and signing up with UA.

If UA is smart, they will raise prices to profit even more from a Nike boycott. Free market at work.

Edited by gonzoron

31 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

If UA is smart, they will raise prices to profit even more from a Nike boycott. Free market at work.

These canned programs to schools, are a HUGE money grab for the distributor. Schools see 10K worth of "free" stuff and they get all hot and bothered. See how far 10K goes when you start buying football uniforms. Not to mention the boondoggle it creates for sports like wrestling, golf, tennis, etc. My brother coaches golf at said school, and they had to pay more for shirts and pullovers this year, that everyone hated. Seems like a win win to me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nike+stock+chart&rlz=1C1CAFA_enUS791US791&oq=nike+stock&aqs=chrome.2.69i59j0l5.6277j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

FYI - Nike stock is moving north again, nearing it's 52 week high..  ALSO - for those who think purchasing something other than the "Swoosh" brand will make a difference - remember Nike owns Converse and Hurley brands.....

Marketing works......

6 minutes ago, swordfish said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nike+stock+chart&rlz=1C1CAFA_enUS791US791&oq=nike+stock&aqs=chrome.2.69i59j0l5.6277j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

FYI - Nike stock is moving north again, nearing it's 52 week high..  ALSO - for those who think purchasing something other than the "Swoosh" brand will make a difference - remember Nike owns Converse and Hurley brands.....

Marketing works......

They'll probably drop once they lose that order from the Center Grove youth league.

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

On 7/12/2019 at 10:03 AM, gonzoron said:

They'll probably drop once they lose that order from the Center Grove youth league.

Nope - Still Climbing!!

Apparently they are isolating their market to those sympathetic with the likes of CK, soooo, should those of us unsympathetic be triggered whenever we see someone wearing Nike?   Is someone going to see me wearing Nike and take my shoes like they did the guy wearing the MAGA hat?  I just like my Nikes......

Edited by swordfish

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

Nope - Still Climbing!!

Apparently they are isolating their market to those sympathetic with the likes of CK, soooo, should those of us unsympathetic be triggered whenever we see someone wearing Nike?   Is someone going to see me wearing Nike and take my shoes like they did the guy wearing the MAGA hat?  I just like my Nikes......

No, they’ll burn their own pairs😂