Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Super Bowl LVIII

Bobref

It was an outstanding football game.  Much better than most Super Bowls.  The biggest play, as it turned out, was the blocked extra point that would have given the Niners a four point lead. The miss enable the Chiefs to just kick a tying field goal to tie the game.  Lots of long field goals and big plays in the 2nd half.  None bigger than the 4th down conversion by the Chiefs on the game winning drive.

I'm off to the eye clinic to get a shot for my AMD.  I have wet AMD in my right eye and have been getting shots for the last few months.  My eyesight is improving slowly.  Luckily I had cataract surgery at the end of 2022 and my left eye is clear enough for me to see quite well, except for some distortion.  Anyway, it's just part of being old.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

It was an outstanding football game.  Much better than most Super Bowls.  The biggest play, as it turned out, was the blocked extra point that would have given the Niners a four point lead. The miss enable the Chiefs to just kick a tying field goal to tie the game.  Lots of long field goals and big plays in the 2nd half.  None bigger than the 4th down conversion by the Chiefs on the game winning drive.

I'm off to the eye clinic to get a shot for my AMD.  I have wet AMD in my right eye and have been getting shots for the last few months.  My eyesight is improving slowly.  Luckily I had cataract surgery at the end of 2022 and my left eye is clear enough for me to see quite well, except for some distortion.  Anyway, it's just part of being old.

I suffer with AMD and take the injections as well! I'll never forget the first "shot"! Whew, who know you could literally take a needle to the eye?? Quite an experience!

Best wishes today!

4 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I agree totally with your comments....it would have been tremendous to see what would have happened  at the end of regulation had KC needed to play for a TD to win vs FG to tie, taking OT option off the table.  But the both kickers hammered big time FG's.  

Best wishes with the eye treatment.....

Nobody has mentioned the Kelce sideline behavior, first throwing his helmet and then screaming and bumping his head coach.  Reid played his cards properly at postgame interviews with his comments, but wondering if he truly feels that way?  I had never seen that before out of a professional player during a championship game.  

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Nobody has mentioned the Kelce sideline behavior, first throwing his helmet and then screaming and bumping his head coach.  Reid played his cards properly at postgame interviews with his comments, but wondering if he truly feels that way?  I had never seen that before out of a professional player during a championship game.  

Thoughts?

If Reid had a real spine he should have benched Kelce for at least the remainder of the 1st half, maybe longer.  There is no excuse for that kind of tantrum by a grown man and professional athlete.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I agree totally with your comments....it would have been tremendous to see what would have happened  at the end of regulation had KC needed to play for a TD to win vs FG to tie, taking OT option off the table.  But the both kickers hammered big time FG's.  

Best wishes with the eye treatment.....

Thoughts?

Roid rage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Roid rage.

Its more than that, although he's no stranger to a failed drug test....he's a brat that one would hope by the age of 34, he'd grow up.  Quite a history with this guy.  I am surprised any company would want him marketing their products.  True jackwagon.  Examples below.....

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/27/travis-kelce-chiefs-explains-helmet-sideline-meltdown-raiders

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2023/07/29/travis-kelce-punches-teammate-jack-cochrane-better-leader/70492688007/

2017 timeframe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oB4RAzNkeM

Summary

https://www.nickiswift.com/1434627/biggest-controversies-surrounding-travis-kelce/

College....failed drug test and needed his brother to save his bacon

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/travis-kelce-college-suspension-pushed-me-into-the-tight-end-room

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Fun game to watch, other than all of the cuts to Taylor Swift.  I know she's America's Sweetheart, etc., but still...

Meh, I more enjoyed the pictures of Blake Lively, who was usually right next to Ms. Swift. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

If Reid had a real spine he should have benched Kelce for at least the remainder of the 1st half, maybe longer.  There is no excuse for that kind of tantrum by a grown man and professional athlete.

Reid is just another one of those Bro Coaches that are all the rage nowadays.

Here's what should have happened:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Reid is just another one of those Bro Coaches that are all the rage nowadays.

Here's what should have happened:

Guaranteed the likes of a Tom Landry, Mike Ditka, or maybe even Bill Belichick would not stood for Kelce's antics.

Well there's a reason Andy Reid has won 3 Super Bowls and everyone here hasn't lol. 

This is an emotional game played by emotional men. He'd be insane to bench one of the best players on the team because he hurt his feelings. KC doesn't come back in the second half if Reid was as mentally weak as some here. 

Edited by scarab527
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

38 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Well there's a reason Andy Reid has won 3 Super Bowls and everyone here hasn't lol. 

This is an emotional game played by emotional men. He'd be insane to bench one of the best players on the team because he hurt his feelings. KC doesn't come back in the second half if Reid was as mentally weak as some here. 

Victory.  At all cost.

If the Chiefs had lost you bet there would be a lot more scrutiny around Mr. Kelse's boorish actions toward Mr. Reid in that moment.

Edited by Muda69

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Victory.  At all cost.

If the Chiefs had lost you bet there would be a lot more scrutiny around Mr. Kelse's boorish actions toward Mr. Reid in that moment.

Well yes, his job is quite literally to win football games, not protect his own hurt ego. Thankfully Andy Reid is not insecure. 

The Chiefs didn't lose though. They won, a large part of that owing to the fact Kelce got going in the second half and wasn't benched because he hurt his coach's feelings. And now the only conversation that matters is that the Chiefs are a dynasty and Andy Reid is one of the greatest coaches of all time. The only thing the Kelce outburst mattered for was the memes its spawned. Benching him would have turned this into a bigger deal than it even was. 

7 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Well yes, his job is quite literally to win football games, not protect his own hurt ego. Thankfully Andy Reid is not insecure. 

The Chiefs didn't lose though. They won, a large part of that owing to the fact Kelce got going in the second half and wasn't benched because he hurt his coach's feelings. And now the only conversation that matters is that the Chiefs are a dynasty and Andy Reid is one of the greatest coaches of all time. The only thing the Kelce outburst mattered for was the memes its spawned. Benching him would have turned this into a bigger deal than it even was. 

It is not about feelings.  It is about respect.  Sorry that you don't get that.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

It is not about feelings.  It is about respect.  Sorry that you don't get that.

I'm sure Kelce and Reid respect each other, and more importantly, they couldn't care less about the pearl clutching of internet Karens. 

• Like 2

Just now, scarab527 said:

I'm sure Kelce and Reid respect each other, and more importantly, they couldn't care less about the pearl clutching of internet Karens. 

A player screaming into the face of his head coach is not a sign of respect.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gipper said:

Fun game to watch, other than all of the cuts to Taylor Swift.  I know she's America's Sweetheart, etc., but still...

The whopping 30 some seconds was that crushing for you?  

Literally every Super Bowl has cut aways to celebrities, etc.    There is like only 18 actual minutes of actual football plays on any given NFL game.    

Just sayings

Chiefs defensive improvements throughout the year was really something,  Hats off to now 4 time Super Bowl winning coordinator Steve Spagnola,  master class playoff run 

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Literally every Super Bowl has cut aways to celebrities, etc.    There is like only 18 actual minutes of actual football plays on any given NFL game.    

Just sayings

Chiefs defensive improvements throughout the year was really something,  Hats off to now 4 time Super Bowl winning coordinator Steve Spagnola,  master class playoff run 

How many times did they show the other celebrities in the crowd and how many of them were allowed on the field for the postgame celebration?

Hell, how many of the players n’ SPOUSES were permitted on the field during the trophy presentation?

Lets just call this what it is…

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Let this sink in:

Andy Reid fired by Eagles on 12-31-2012, same day Bears fired Lovie Smith 

Chiefs took 4 days to hire Andy Reid, Bears took 16 days to hire Marc Trestman 

Ted Phillips and George admittedly know nothing about football. Who in the world where they paying for consulting to make these types of decisions? I know Polian pushed Flus on them. 

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Hell, how many of the players n’ SPOUSES were permitted on the field during the trophy presentation?

Honestly, I think all? I've seen a lot of pictures shared on Instagram with random players and their parents  or WAGS on the field posing with the trophy.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Honestly, I think all? I've seen a lot of pictures shared on Instagram with random players and their parents  or WAGS on the field posing with the trophy.

If you say so, I just hope Mahomes' dad and brother behaved.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, temptation said:

If you say so, I just hope Mahomes' dad and brother behaved.

If it were up to me, Jackson Mahomes wouldn't be allowed in another NFL Stadium after the way he disrespected the Sean Taylor memorial at Fed Ex Field.

13 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Just sayings

Nothing better than seeing a celebrity GF of a player jumping up and down every time her BF catches a 7 yd pass.....

I've been watching the NFL for a long time....not seen anything quite like this......

But hey, this won't last forever....glad that jackwagon is 34 years old....

Viva Las Vegas baby!