Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Transgender vs. Religious Freedom Case from Brownsburg, IN

Bobref

10 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Whatever happened to government high school teachers calling their students primarily by their last name using the honorific "Mr." or "Ms."?   It is straightforward, to the point, and respectful.  Probably 75% of my government high school teachers used this method and I don't recall myself or other students feeling disrespected. 

I do that; I had a transgender student last semester and I usually used “Mr. X” to refer to him.

Calling your students by their last name is more of a high school thing, though. I’ve never had it go over well with middle schoolers.

32 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

I do that; I had a transgender student last semester and I usually used “Mr. X” to refer to him.

Calling your students by their last name is more of a high school thing, though. I’ve never had it go over well with middle schoolers.

I don't think much "goes over well" with middle schoolers.  

• Disdain 1

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

so the whacky face and the laughing face provided no clue as to it being a joke? lol

All I see are 2 squares. But it must not be any better for HS freshmen either. We got a call from the trainer today after my son took the concussion testing. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Irishman said:

so the whacky face and the laughing face provided no clue as to it being a joke? lol

I know lots of teachers whom absolutely despise working with middle schoolers! My mom taught 1st grade for 34 years, but she refused to work with kids older than 4th grade.

32 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

I know lots of teachers whom absolutely despise working with middle schoolers! My mom taught 1st grade for 34 years, but she refused to work with kids older than 4th grade.

Each teacher has to find his/her niche. Middle school is the level I struggled with the most; in public school, but most especially in non public schools. It takes a special person to teach at that level. 

8 hours ago, Irishman said:

Each teacher has to find his/her niche. Middle school is the level I struggled with the most; in public school, but most especially in non public schools. It takes a special person to teach at that level. 

Being a MS assistant principal is one of the worst jobs in the world.

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

I’ve done two tours at inner-city middle schools; one was 96% Hispanic and 2/3rds ELL, and the other was 75% Black. In both cases it was the curriculum that got to me.

I also taught at a school that went from grade 6 to grade 12.