Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
basement bias

Any ACC Hoops Fans Here?

I may be in the minority, but I have rooted for the UNC Tarheels ever since I can remember. My grandfather is a big fan and passed it on to me. The academic scandal is disheartening, but I can't control that. So do we have any Blue Devil, Wolfpack, Syracuse, UVA, or etc fans here?

I've rooted for UNC every since I started watching college basketball ! I watched the Tulane game last night . I could tell right away that Jackson looks a lot more comfortable shooting from the perimeter this year . He will be a tough matchup all season if he continues to shoot like that . Joel Berry didn't miss a beat from last year , I thought he looked good ! Isaiah Hicks looked good as well . He didn't really force the issues last night & let the game come to him . Just hope he can stay out of foul trouble . I think Bradley will fit in nicely . He played well last night . Meeks had a solid 9 point , 15 rebound performance . Didn't really need to score much last night with the way the others played . Would like to see him improve from the free throw stripe , he will get fouled a lot . UNC definitely needs to improve on the perimeter defense ! That is where they will miss Pinson the most . He would have most probably been their best defender . All in all , I was pretty pleased with the effort . Need to just take 1 game @ a time . By the way , one of my best friends which isn't on here , is a Duke fan !

Irish fan here; go figure, right? :) it has been pretty cool seeing New Haven grad VJ Beachem playing such a key role for them the last couple seasons. 

Big game against IU tomorrow. Hopefully we beat the Hoosiers so I don't hear about how IPFW is better than both. Great job by the local Mastodons, but they have to make the tournament this year. 

My dad is a UNC fan, but I prefer the Big 12. I am impressed by the presence of ACC teams in the top 25 this year.

Nice win for Notre Dame against IPFW, in another gutty performance by the Dons. IPFW is going to win us locals some money in our tourney pools this year. I do not care what their seed is, they will win their first round game.

On Wednesday, December 07, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Irishman said:

Nice win for Notre Dame against IPFW, in another gutty performance by the Dons. IPFW is going to win us locals some money in our tourney pools this year. I do not care what their seed is, they will win their first round game.

Maybe 16 seed if they get disrespected. Doubt they'll be that low, but would be cool to see them be the 1st 16 over a 1.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, basement bias said:

Maybe 16 seed if they get disrespected. Doubt they'll be that low, but would be cool to see them be the 1st 16 over a 1.

Seeing that would feel like witnessing history. I really hope they aren't in Kansas' region.

25 minutes ago, Indieanapolis said:

Seeing that would feel like witnessing history. I really hope they aren't in Kansas' region.

As long as my Tarheels aren't #1. Maybe it will be Duke or UK in that scenario. 

Just now, basement bias said:

Seeing Duke fall at the 1 spot would be a slightly satisfying. 

On 12/9/2016 at 2:55 PM, basement bias said:

If we make it back to one of the #1 seeds, we'll play them and I'm not really scared of them. We should be a 1 seed if we take 2-3 against UNC/Louisville/Kansas and win the SEC/SEC Tournament like we normally do. 

Horrible 2nd half by Notre Dame against Purdue. Props to Purdue for coming out the 2nd half and picking up their game. I was not only surprised by the lack of shooting from Beachem in the 2nd half, but he did not even get many touches.

Great draw for the Tarheels this year. It was nauseating listening to Jay Bilas talk all weekend about how Duke should have been the 1 seed. God, I hate Duke. I was hopeful the Irish would have won that title. I think they got a decent draw as well, with Gonzaga being a vulnerable 1 seed.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Great draw for the Tarheels this year. It was nauseating listening to Jay Bilas talk all weekend about how Duke should have been the 1 seed. God, I hate Duke. I was hopeful the Irish would have won that title. I think they got a decent draw as well, with Gonzaga being a vulnerable 1 seed.

I think there are a lot of head scratchers in this tournament (More so with seeding) but, I agree with you, it was annoying to hear him talk about Duke and Syracuse.

GB 

Well I didn't think this team was tough enough or had a killer instinct to them. After losing to Duke when we were better, I thought it would be a Sweet 16 only run. Glad I was wrong and my Tarheels are champs!

Honestly though; from someone who had no dog in this one, it was a horrible game from a skill standpoint. Somewhat entertaining to watch, but man it was sloppy; way too many mistakes as far as fundamentals go. 

13 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Duke fan here, this season seems to be a good season so far 🙂 

:75_v:

:44_v:

:38_v: