Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2024 Season

Redskins7391 sounds like a good plan. I would think with the need for teachers #2 shouldn't be a problem.

I know we have some of the same issues here in Elkhart. Got to recruit and why his recruiting back ground should help.

On 1/22/2024 at 6:58 AM, Coach Lou said:

3 Reported IHSAA sideline issues is very concerning. 

Does sound like the new coach has a re-build project on his hands.

With his college experience I wonder if he will use any of those contacts to put together a coaching staff.

Any word on the Wawasee job?

I believe they are down the final 2-3 people.  Should be announced in the next week or two

9 hours ago, Coach Lou said:

Redskins7391 sounds like a good plan. I would think with the need for teachers #2 shouldn't be a problem.

I know we have some of the same issues here in Elkhart. Got to recruit and why his recruiting back ground should help.

the IHSAA is going to try and stop Recruiting from town to town in Sports

11 hours ago, WCHS Tiger Fan said:

the IHSAA is going to try and stop Recruiting from town to town in Sports

I beleive the issue at Goshen is actually recruiting your own kids to come out/or to not move elsewhere.

But to answer your question, not likely.  In the Indy metro area, kids are switching schools so often you'd think there is a transfer portal in high school sports.

https://gridirondigest.net/profile/2600-wawaseefan22/

Commenting on rumors about two schools while applying to keep an assistant coaching job under a new coach isn't a great look. I'd reconsider your approach here if you'd like to keep coaching.

I've coached at both places being mentioned. Most recently at the school where you allege there were 3 IHSAA write-ups. This forum is the first place I have heard mention of these complaints. So, one of two things is true here. The AD didn't do his job and address it with this staff - and given the level of enmity he had for us I find that unlikely. Or, the complaints never happened. I honestly can't say which. But I will ask if you've ever seen that particular AD work the officials and table help in the sport he has coached. Actions speak volumes. And I will let my sideline/dugout demeanor over my 2-1/2 decades of coaching speak for itself.

I care only about what my former players have to say about me. I only logged in here because so many people were texting me about the allegations. Best of luck in your coaching job search WawaseeFan22.

50 minutes ago, Coach Lou said:

If this IHSAA write ups at Goshen really happened wouldn't you be able to look it up with the IHSAA?

Only if there is formal action taken, as reflected in the minutes of a meeting.

Anytime there is unsportsmanlike behavior on the part of a member of the coaching staff, the game officials must report it to the IHSAA. This usually leads to a conversation between the coach, his AD, and Asst. Commissioner Faulkens. My understanding is that Mr. Faulkens does almost all of the talking in that conversation.

21 minutes ago, Coach Lou said:

So these write ups would be filed by the game officials and not the schools AD?

If they were reports of unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of staff members, they would come from the crew chief. The officials have no discretion here. If there’s an unsportsmanlike act that goes unreported, the officials have been told they will be disqualified from tournament participation.

9 hours ago, Coach Lou said:

If this IHSAA write ups at Goshen really happened wouldn't you be able to look it up with the IHSAA?

Is this possibly why Coach Wogomon stepped down or was he asked to resign?

No. Resignation was tendered in early September. 

Wow I didn't realize Coach Wogomon resigned well before the season was over!!

Matt Thacker moving from Fairfield to be named new head coach at Wawasee. 

Great hire for Wawasee!! NLC Defensive Coordinators better be ready to defend the option with Warsaw, Mishawaka, and now Wawasee being option offenses in 2024.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting changes coming next year to the 2 of the "largest" schools in the conference will be bumping down classes.

Warsaw drops 2 spots from 30th to 32nd largest high school in the state, but thanks to FW Snider and Cathedral playing up in 6A due to Success Factor points, they will move to 5A.

Meanwhile, Mishawaka saw a decent drop going from 56th to 66th, and will be playing in class 4A. Will be interesting to see how they group together 4A North and how many NLC schools will be in the same sectional.

Rank / Previous Rank / Enrollment / Class / School
32 / 30 / 2,108 / 5A / Warsaw
38 / 36 / 2,006 / 5A / Goshen
49 / 52 / 1,730 / 5A / Concord
66 / 56 / 1,422 / 4A / Mishawaka
69 / 67 / 1,393 / 4A / Northridge
94 / 92 / 1,054 / 4A / Plymouth
111 / 110 / 895 / 4A / Wawasee
116 / 115 / 869 / 4A / NorthWood

Interesting that every school dropped a spot or two (besides Mishawaka) but the only school that went UP was Concord.

Also of note - the NLC went to the rotating conference schedule recently, while keeping a common opponent for Week 9. Originally, they split it up so that the four 4A schools did not play each other in Week 9, hopefully preventing from teams playing in Week 9 and then meeting up again the very next week in Round 1 of Sectionals.

5 hours ago, Coach Lou said:

Speculation has Goshen, Warsaw, Concord being joined by S.B. Adams in the same sectional.

I would say that is all but a given at this point. Warsaw moves into Mishawaka's slot in the sectional alignment and makes the most sense.