Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2024

6 hours ago, psaboy said:

Early start to 2024 thread, but noticed on John Harrell's site that East Noble is off Snider's schedule. Anyone know what happened and who may replace them?

The schedule looks incomplete. Snider inked East Noble for at least 4 years. 

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

The schedule looks incomplete. Snider inked East Noble for at least 4 years. 

Yea, I know it is incomplete, but if the games are set/inked they should be on schedule. I thought I saw game on schedule last month, just wondering if contract got cancelled?? That happens from time to time. 

14 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yea, I know it is incomplete, but if the games are set/inked they should be on schedule. I thought I saw game on schedule last month, just wondering if contract got cancelled?? That happens from time to time. 

Homestead, Dwenger, and Northrop are all annual games and none of those are mentioned. I'm not sure where where and how John Harrell gets his information. I know Snider and EN have a pretty good relationship. Barring a catastrophic event, I don't see that game being canceled. I'm 99.275% sure Snider will be hosting them in Week 2. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BTF said:

Homestead, Dwenger, and Northrop are all annual games and none of those are mentioned. I'm not sure where where and how John Harrell gets his information. I know Snider and EN have a pretty good relationship. Barring a catastrophic event, I don't see that game being canceled. I'm 99.275% sure Snider will be hosting them in Week 2. 

Are you sure it's not 99.99% ??😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

From the look of the schedule Warren is the big test again, Carroll I expect to be better than last season. If your D is as strong as last year I think Snider is one of a handful of undefeated teams going into the playoffs. 

Don’t think the defense will be as strong next year, but they will be good. 

14 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Don’t think the defense will be as strong next year, but they will be good. 

For the record, they return 3 of their top 4 tacklers, and 20 of their 27 interceptions. They have two DB's with D1 offers. Should be pretty solid on that side of the ball. That defense only allowed two touchdowns in the 2023 post season, both at the hands of Mishawaka. 

36 minutes ago, BTF said:

For the record, they return 3 of their top 4 tacklers, and 20 of their 27 interceptions. They have two DB's with D1 offers. Should be pretty solid on that side of the ball. That defense only allowed two touchdowns in the 2023 post season, both at the hands of Mishawaka. 

I'm not trying to be a smartass here. Snider had 52 points scored on them in the postseason. I assume you are saying backups were in for the other scores, or were the other touchdowns defensive scores and special teams by the other team? If so, that's a lot of points the offense/special teams is giving to the other team.

17 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I'm not trying to be a smartass here. Snider had 52 points scored on them in the postseason. I assume you are saying backups were in for the other scores, or were the other touchdowns defensive scores and special teams by the other team? If so, that's a lot of points the offense/special teams is giving to the other team.

28 of those points came from Anderson and North Side games, which were blow outs. So I'm thinking those points were against the 2nd/3rd teamers. They gave up 18 to Mishawaka in a very tight game, got burned deep a few times. Semi state and state game they gave up a total of 6 points, shutting out the Merrillville "paper tigers". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, BTF said:

Minus the leading tackler in Snider history… Look, I think the Panther defense will be really good if the defensive line plays well, but you don’t replace a Rohrbacher with just anyone. I think Carroll will be improved in 2024 and will put up points. My big question for Snider is offense. Don’t see how it will be better this year. If that is the case, the defense will have to be even better than last year

On 2/8/2024 at 1:54 PM, First_Backer_Inside said:

North Side and Anderson scored on backups long after the game was decided. Mishawaka scored 18 points of which 2 were on long plays. Merrillville was dominated by the Snider defense and Decatur Central did nothing vs. that defense. I said it when the playoffs started, Mishawaka was going to be Snider’s toughest game and it was. That offense when you see it once every few years is tough to deal with

18 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Was the FG made to win the Mishawaka game the longest FG in Snider history, do those records exist? 

I don’t think so, we have had some kickers who have made 50 yard field goals. I believe there was a kicker with the last name of Lee who did it. Certainly, it was the most clutch field goal kick in Panther history 

Edited by Komets2727
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Minus the leading tackler in Snider history… Look, I think the Panther defense will be really good if the defensive line plays well, but you don’t replace a Rohrbacher with just anyone. I think Carroll will be improved in 2024 and will put up points. My big question for Snider is offense. Don’t see how it will be better this year. If that is the case, the defense will have to be even better than last year

Agree. That kid had as much impact on the defense than any kid I've ever seen. That being said, the defense returns enough talented kids to make the overall team dangerous. I also agree that the season will come down to whether or not they can put an offense together. An average to slightly above average Snider offense, coupled with that defense, would make Snider a contender out of the north. If they can put together a Top Ten Snider offense (a long shot in my opinion), I would go as far as saying that Snider would be the favorite out of the north. Strong words for a 5A enrollment team when programs like HSE, Fishers, Noblesville, Crown Point, Westfield, Penn, and Carroll are involved. But that's how much I like the defense going into 2024. 

Edited by BTF

The Panthers will have 4 guys on defense that are good enough to keep them in every game they play. The huge question will be their offense, as it only returns 3 guys with any Varsity experience (2 OL and 1 WR), and if it can compete against 6A talent. I could see them using some of their defensive talent on offense more than years past. 

On 1/30/2024 at 2:59 PM, psaboy said:

Early start to 2024 thread, but noticed on John Harrell's site that East Noble is off Snider's schedule. Anyone know what happened and who may replace them?

Fake news from me. EN on updated schedule.