Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

John Barron facing legal issues

11 hours ago, Julio said:

Don't need to discuss this here!

Why not? It's an Indiana high school football forum, and this is concerning an Indiana high school football coach. I will agree that rumors and speculation need not run rampant, but forums are literally built to have discussion.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

So smacking teenage girls’ asses is unacceptable…..I was not aware, no one explained that to me when I was hired….and after she asked him to stop….be a man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In all these situations that have involved coaches in our state, I caution folks on a few things,  

1.   Due process 

This is why I hid a topic last week talking rumors of something at Glenn with Coach Barron 

2.   What is reported by WNDU is just that, what they reported.   Which is summary of charges, nothing more, nothing less.  

3.   We've always taken stance going back to Coach Tim Adams days , to allow due process and sticking with to reported facts that become available if they do.    

• Like 3

When I posted this last week (and it was removed) I was told that I had a problem with Barron.  The entire process of hiding facts and not letting people have opinions is a joke.  As a father of a teenage girl I know that if any "teacher" slapped my daughter on the butt I would be going for his head.  Since he is a football coach and a good ole boy we will just let him get away with it.  The girl is the victim not John Barron!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

When I posted this last week (and it was removed) I was told that I had a problem with Barron.  The entire process of hiding facts and not letting people have opinions is a joke.  As a father of a teenage girl I know that if any "teacher" slapped my daughter on the butt I would be going for his head.  Since he is a football coach and a good ole boy we will just let him get away with it.  The girl is the victim not John Barron!

I was not the one who hid the topic, but the standard that has been in place since Tim Adams started this site is that posts like the one you mentioned must have a link/source. The same standard has been in place regarding coaching moves and any matters involving player news. There was a post about the incident at NorthWood this past season. The original topic was hidden for the same reason yours was hidden; there was no link. Even hearing something firsthand does not meet the standard TA set over 20 years ago here. So the claim that this was about some "good ole boy" thing is not even close to accurate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

No one hid any facts. Sounds like none were posted to begin with. Backup your claims with verifiable links and you should be fine moving forward. You've been here 5 years, you should know how the site works by now.

I'd also recommend becoming a booster: https://gridirondigest.net/clients/donations/

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

It seems people here are more worried about rumors than the reason this thread was originated.  

Absolutely NOT true. How you drew that conclusion is beyond me. The explanation as to why your post was hidden are VERY clear. You are not a news source; even if you had firsthand knowledge of the incident. If you published a story on a news site and included a link, that would have been completely different. Your logic cannot explain why this current topic is still active. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 2/15/2024 at 9:57 PM, Irishman said:

I was not the one who hid the topic, but the standard that has been in place since Tim Adams started this site is that posts like the one you mentioned must have a link/source. The same standard has been in place regarding coaching moves and any matters involving player news. There was a post about the incident at NorthWood this past season. The original topic was hidden for the same reason yours was hidden; there was no link. Even hearing something firsthand does not meet the standard TA set over 20 years ago here. So the claim that this was about some "good ole boy" thing is not even close to accurate. 

off topic

just want to know more about this rule

so if i happen to know enough html to hack together a website that looks like it is definitely a website 

i can write whatever i want there?

and by extension whatever I want here?

just kidding i already write whatever i want it just generally contains very little real world consequences

On 8/31/2022 at 8:54 AM, Irishman said:

For those who feel strongly enough that rumors should be allowed on the site, keep in mind a couple things.
1. These standards were the same standards that Tim Adams, the creator of this site had in place. 

2. This is HIGH SCHOOL football, not college or pro football where athletes and coaches are paid very well to do what they do. We are talking about kids, teachers, and parents. Posting rumors of those people puts indivi9duals in a spotlight that they do not necessarily deserve. 

As far injury rumors, every student has a right to privacy. Posting of possible injuries to specific players without their knowing is a significant violation of their right to privacy. This is not the place to break news. If there is a story or a public post from an injured player or a parent of one, or if there is a news story...ok. Feel free to discuss that here. 

TA actually limited the discussion on coaching rumors; but mostly from the standpoint of coaching jobs. The change came when a parent saw a post on this site about a possible candidate he thought had interviewed. That coach's current employer was informed of it, and called the coach in to discuss it. A coach should NEVER be put in that position because f what is posted on the site. Again, keep in mind the vast majority of coaches are getting paid pennies per hour for the work they do. There are coaches' families to consider in these spots as well. 

Other rumors about coaches can create problems as well. I would suggest people look up terms like libel and slander. Again, if there is a news story, a public statement from the coach or district about a topic, post away. 

Perfect example of this is the story about Hammond Morton. No rumors, and it included a link to the story. 

But the one that was posted that prompted me posting this was a BIG deal. Not sure how it plays out when the dust settles, but it is important for a story of that magnitude to wait for confirmed sources. 

Typically, if your post starts with " I heard...." think about it before hitting submit. 

Hopefully that clarifies things even for those who have read the first post here and wondered what was up. In many cases, like the one that led to me posting the reminder is hidden or deleted before many have seen it. 

As always, if you have a question feel free to send a message. Now, if you feel so strongly that these standards are wrong, you can let us know that as well, and we can work through a solution, agree to disagree, or take other needed/warranted steps. 

Just a reminder from the pinned topic titled "Rumors". 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

off topic

just want to know more about this rule

so if i happen to know enough html to hack together a website that looks like it is definitely a website 

i can write whatever i want there?

and by extension whatever I want here?

just kidding i already write whatever i want it just generally contains very little real world consequences

Just obey Rule #1. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2