Sign in to follow this  
GB4

2016 Free Agent Flops

For me, Miami taking Foster was a huge flop. He was a big rusher back in Houston, and he's not too old to be good, so I can imagine they feel a bit cheated. 

• Upvote 1

I did forget about Foster and him retiring midway through the season. I do see it as a flop but it was mitigated by emergence of Jay Ajayi.

GB 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GB4 said:

I did forget about Foster and him retiring midway through the season. I do see it as a flop but it was mitigated by emergence of Jay Ajayi.

GB 

Good point, I guess sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Indieanapolis said:

Good point, I guess sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. 

Very true.

GB 

As a Texans fan, I think Osweiler was. Can't throw the ball down the field, did not even get a job interview. They just gave him a contract. I also attribute it to the play-calling, which is downright absolutely AWFUL.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 2:28 PM, MasonHAsher said:

As a Texans fan, I think Osweiler was. Can't throw the ball down the field, did not even get a job interview. They just gave him a contract. I also attribute it to the play-calling, which is downright absolutely AWFUL.

It would appear there was a reason that Denver let him walk.  I was surprised at how much the Texans gave him.  Can't say much since the Colts got burned by the Richardson deal with the Browns.  However, the Browns have done pretty terrible with all of their first round busts the past few years.  Johnny Football?  I know he isn't a 2016 bust and neither is Richardson but talking about Osweiler gives me painful reminders of those two, especially Richardson (being a Colts fan).

How long until Michael Floyd gets picked up as a FA now after being cut in Arizona? I would assume there will be some consequences handed down from the league, but a well known name like Floyd probably won't be on the street for too long (pun intended).

He's a guy who had 4 TD's in 33 catches for the Cards this season, but in his career he has only caught 53% of balls that he was targeted on.

51 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

How long until Michael Floyd gets picked up as a FA now after being cut in Arizona? I would assume there will be some consequences handed down from the league, but a well known name like Floyd probably won't be on the street for too long (pun intended).

He's a guy who had 4 TD's in 33 catches for the Cards this season, but in his career he has only caught 53% of balls that he was targeted on.

I believe he has to clear waivers first and I don't think he will. He hasn't played well this season, but he has a lot of potential to where he will definitely get another shot.

GB 

5 hours ago, FishDuck said:

You will love this: The New England Patriots claim WR Michael Floyd.

GB 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GB4 said:

You will love this: The New England Patriots claim WR Michael Floyd.

GB 

Eh I'm really not that fond of them picking him up. Actually, I am really surprised that they would with his past incidents and with the emergence of Malcolm Mitchell and somewhat steady play of Hogan. It won't hurt to have another guy with the way injuries have hit the offense in past weeks though.

1 hour ago, FishDuck said:

Eh I'm really not that fond of them picking him up. Actually, I am really surprised that they would with his past incidents and with the emergence of Malcolm Mitchell and somewhat steady play of Hogan. It won't hurt to have another guy with the way injuries have hit the offense in past weeks though.

He won't play much, if at all. They did it because when they let him walk in free agency they now will get a compensation pick for him.

GB 

Brock Osweiler has been benched in favor of Tom Savage.

GB