OrangeFever

Hoosier Hills Conference 2017

5 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

Floyd let Jeff hang around. I honestly think that they were looking ahead. Eventually they got ticked off and than dropped the hammer on Jeff. Floyd has a really good run defense. They struggle like most teams to cover recieving targets. Floyd's D-line is undersized but very good. 2 players on the D-line run a 4.6 40 and all these guys are 400 lb squaters. East is bigger, for sure. But this defense has been playing really well. Common sense says that East will probably win by 3 TDs. Or more. But, I mean the game has to be played 1st.

Yeah I have East by 3-4 TD's. Offense is as good as last years. Major is passing the ball much better and more this year. Average about 250-260 on the line, but you are correct. The game has to be played. 

3 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Yeah I have East by 3-4 TD's. Offense is as good as last years. Major is passing the ball much better and more this year. Average about 250-260 on the line, but you are correct. The game has to be played. 

My prediction is something like 49-21. FC has a pretty good offense. Good QB. And lots of RBs, FBs, WBs, TE. Zack Rodgers is a preferred walk on to Louisville. Jon Gunn, our leading receiver, runs a 4.5 40. He's a great deep threat. This is the fastest team that I ever seen at Floyd Central. But our size will hurt us in Columbus.

Tough loss for the Stars and congratulations to Seymour. Two big defensive stands by Seymour and a big play did the Stars in midway through the 4th.

Good learning lesson for a young BNL team. You have to come ready to bring it every Friday night. It's one of those life lessons that we all appreciate that football teaches us. 

• Like 2

Hats off to Coach Kelly and the Owls. Big win. It will also make the race for 2nd in the conference more interesting. 

• Like 1

Floyd Central @ Columbus East. I would think this is the game of the week for the conference. 

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Floyd Central @ Columbus East. I would think this is the game of the week for the conference. 

I think so too. I'm not delusional enough to hope for a win. But, hoping for a somewhat competitive game and bringing all of our guys home healthy.

9 hours ago, fkfootball said:

I think so too. I'm not delusional enough to hope for a win. But, hoping for a somewhat competitive game and bringing all of our guys home healthy.

Hope your team doesn't think this way.

Floyd is good enough, especially in the passing game and up front on defense, to beat East. Especially if East has an "off" night with turnovers, penalties, etc..

Should be a really good game

• Like 1

It's going to take East to be extremly "off" for them to lose a game in the conference this year. The only team that has a chance at pulling off a win is Floyd. Outside of them I don't see a team being anywhere near East in the conference. I still say East vs Floyd is a 3 TD game. With East being a 4-5+ TD favorite the rest of the conference games. 

3 hours ago, FishDuck said:

Hope your team doesn't think this way.

Floyd is good enough, especially in the passing game and up front on defense, to beat East. Especially if East has an "off" night with turnovers, penalties, etc..

Should be a really good game

No doubt. Anytime two forces meet n battle or in athletics believing you can win is a must. In some cases it means more than others .  I was present for the BNL win over #1 east the last decade.  East had a lot of turnovers and that helped.  But seriously you cant win in a lot of cases if you don't think you can. 

Forget about Floyd Central at Columbus East. We should be talking about the massacre that will take place in Indy on Friday night when Jeffersonville comes up to the Circle City and gets beat by Cathedral 84-0.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Forget about Floyd Central at Columbus East. We should be talking about the massacre that will take place in Indy on Friday night when Jeffersonville comes up to the Circle City and gets beat by Cathedral 84-0.

I'd be surprised if the Jeff-Cathedral game had a score that low. Why did Jeff schedule that game again?

I predict that Floyd will walk away from their game feeling better than Jeffersonville will. What a mis-match.

• Like 1

I don't think Cathedral will score more than low 50's . They seem to call off the dogs usually and play down to their opponent if they are in a mismatch.  Just what it seems like to me anyways.

30 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

Jeff will score on them. Maybe only once, but they will get in the end zone

Jeff varsity vs. Cathedral frosh?

Floyd vs East preview. Just for fun.

I'm looking forward to this game, just to see how close or far, FCs program is from Easts this season. No reason to write about East, everyone knows about their dominant O-line, Jamon Hogan, and Josh Major. Offensively, Floyd is as balanced as it gets. QB Weimer has passed for 533 yds with 5 Tds and 0 Ints. Most of their passing is play action.  They dont throw a ton, but when they do its usually a big play. Floyd runs a shotgun spread offense with Wing-T variables. Floyd uses many different backs. Jason Cundiff is the leading rusher but about 6 other guys will carry the ball from either RB, FB, or WB positions. All 7 of these players run the 40 yd dash in 4.6-4.7 seconds. On the outside Floyd has a few weapons. Jon Gunn at WR is the fastest player on the team with a legit 4.5 40. He has 7 catches for 208 yds and 3 Tds. At TE Braxton Cerquiera is another guy they throw to and he has 7 catches for 187 yds. Their O-line is undersized but is coached by Hall of Famer Mike Spencer and has performed well this year. Key players there are the C Clay Miller at 6"1 250, and LT Greg Kulwicki at 6"0 230. 

Defensively, Floyd has a new DC. Alan Hess. They have been more aggressive this season and the results have proven that. Their defense is strongest at the D-line positions. At DE Braxton Cerquiera has around 50 tackles and 3 sacks. Jason Cundiff also plays DE and has 4 sacks. Their best D-lineman is Brandon Striegel. He has 5 sacks on the season. He also plays as a WB and KR. All of these guys are undersized for their position but they have the speed to get around bigger lineman. Dorian Hendrix is the regular DT but he's out with an injury and it's not clear when he will return. LB wise, Floyd basically just uses all of their offensive backs because they're the fastest and most likely strongest kids on the team. Tyler Edwards is the best. He's a lock for All-Conference at LB. DB wise Floyd plays Marshall Horner and Bradley Powell at CB. Both of these guys are experienced and do a good job of keeping things in front of them. Kicking wise is another weapon for Floyd. Cole Hussung visited Alabama on Saturday. All of his kicks will go for a touchback. And his FG range is 50+ although they haven't yet attempted one yet. His longest to date is a 47 yarder.

Should be an interesting game. I expect East to run the ball and wear down our defense. Rushing the passer is a strength for Floyd so I doubt East will let it fly a ton. I expect Hogan to rip off some runs. Floyd will move the ball. They block too well and have too many skilled guys not to, but if East jumps out quick, they may try to go to the air more and that's not something they'll want to do. Floyd wants to establish the run and then PA off of it. If East is able to keep them in 3rd and long, they won't be successful on offense.

Prediction-49-20 East.

Edited by fkfootball

19 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I'd be surprised if the Jeff-Cathedral game had a score that low. Why did Jeff schedule that game again?

Jeff had previously played Providence week 6. I believe Providence dropped them in order to pick up a different game with a program more their size. It is not easy to find a week 6 opponent and I think Cathedral was the only one available. 

4 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Jeff had previously played Providence week 6. I believe Providence dropped them in order to pick up a different game with a program more their size. It is not easy to find a week 6 opponent and I think Cathedral was the only one available. 

Jeff could have changed the order in which it played games in the conference instead.

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Jeff could have changed the order in which it played games in the conference instead.

How? Other teams aren't just going to switch their schedule around out of convenience for Jeffersonville. Week 6 is the only open date for Brownstown to have a non-conference game so Seymour is going to make sure they keep that rivalry going.

Congrats to Floyd Central. They come in ranked 9th in the AP Poll. Awesome to see 2 HHC teams in the top 10. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

How? Other teams aren't just going to switch their schedule around out of convenience for Jeffersonville. Week 6 is the only open date for Brownstown to have a non-conference game so Seymour is going to make sure they keep that rivalry going.

It says a lot about the conference when the teams aren't willing to change anything to aid another member. Why are we in the same conference at all, then? In Nevada, the NIAA assigns teams to divisions, which prevents any movement video voluntarily. In Indiana, all scheduling is voluntary. Why then would schools choose to play schools that caused them headaches?

3 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

It says a lot about the conference when the teams aren't willing to change anything to aid another member. Why are we in the same conference at all, then? In Nevada, the NIAA assigns teams to divisions, which prevents any movement video voluntarily. In Indiana, all scheduling is voluntary. Why then would schools choose to play schools that caused them headaches?

I'm not blaming the conference. There's too many factors at play to blame the conference. Maybe it's not in Seymour's control to move their game with Brownstown. Maybe it's in Brownstown's control. Maybe it's in the Mid-Southern Conference's control. Maybe it's more complex than that. These aren't easy fixes. One tiny switch could affect a ton of teams.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

When the MSC planned to add Scottsburg and knew they would need to change the schedule, they worked to consider the relevance of team's one game out of conference. In order to make it work, each MSC team had to have a different bye week. Brownstown has played Seymour week 6 since 2007 when they renewed their Jackson County rivalry.  Paoli and Corydon also played week 6, but because Paoli was in the PLAC and they had a small conference and thus, a more flexible schedule, the decision was made to keep Seymour/Brownstown week 6 and Paoli/Corydon would move to week 2. It worked for Paoli and kept Seymour from having to re-work their entire schedule. At this point, the only way for Seymour to play an HHC game week 6 would be to drop the Brownstown game altogether and I'm willing to bet that's a pretty good gate so that option isn't on the table. 

• Upvote 1