OrangeFever

Hoosier Hills Conference 2017

15 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

Your team is up by 35 pts and you're celebrating like it's the State Championship game. Clown.

I actually do these game stats and scores each week. I did it the last 3-4 weeks. 

Columbus East - 42

Floyd Central - 0

Halftime

Floyd Central - 38 yards (27 passing, 11 rushing) 

Columbus East - 297 yards (86 passing, 211 rushing) 

Edited by Olympian06

30 minutes ago, Olympian99 said:

Quite honestly, this is the worst i have seen FCs o line look. 33 is pretty good but the line is doing nothing. 

Their is nothing wrong with our skill players. I'm not delusional for saying these guys are good athletes. Our lineman are small and not all that good. Striegel is a good D-lineman but that's it.

East drives the opening kickoff of the 2nd half down the field and Major delivers an 11 yard TD pass. 

Columbus East - 48 (bad snap on Xp) 

Floyd Central - 0 

8:47 left in the 3rd quarter. Partial running clock (bad weather coming thru Bloomington) 

Floyd is driving on CE late in the 3rd. This is the first time they have crossed into East territory. A mix of CE starters and JV in on defense. 

TD Floyd on a 14 yard run. 

Columbus East - 48

Floyd Central - 7

10 minutes left in the 4th. 

The East backups execute well and drive down the field for a TD. Both teams are playing majority subs. Grewie did most of the work on that possession. 

Columbus East - 55

Floyd Central - 7

5 minutes left in the 4th.

55-7 Final 

Edited by Olympian06

I said at the beginning of the year that we lost a solid group of Seniors last year. We lost 3 year starters RG, RT, 2 LB, All conference NT, and all area CB.  We also lost a few other starters on the O line and D line that were solid.  We competed in this game last year but this one was over quickly.  Congratulations East.  Great football program.  Hopefully someone in the conference can step up and challenge in the future. 

We only gave up 55 instead of 77! Our D is better than New Albanys!

P.S. Please don't take me seriously.

2 minutes ago, Colonel85 said:

I said at the beginning of the year that we lost a solid group of Seniors last year. We lost 3 year starters RG, RT, 2 LB, All conference NT, and all area CB.  We also lost a few other starters on the O line and D line that were solid.  We competed in this game last year but this one was over quickly.  Congratulations East.  Great football program.  Hopefully someone in the conference can step up and challenge in the future. 

East flat out whipped us. And if we don't improve, it'll happen again in Sectionals.

BNL 60 JC 27. 2 JC td came with their varsity O vs our Jv D. Our Jv scored against their jv D, and vice v

ersa. Could have been much worse with both Vs in. We fumbled on our 20-25 first possession.  In my opinion this  was JC only legit score. Coach put our #1s back in after the varsity vs jv stunt.

Each year as i come over to this thread to spy. I don't have a dog in this League but i do love southern indiana . Every year the same people say pretty much the same things.  It has to be trying for coaches who never even compete with East. It is sort of odd , being that east is smaller in enrollment than several HHC schools. I guess most of these schools just aren't football schools. NA has Romeo and i am sure most of the school is trying to suffer the non basketball sports till the season starts. Jeff has historic basketball Bedford somewhat as well. Would like to put together  post game comments from opposing east hhc coaches through the years . Would be comical im sure.    I was at the last east conference loss in bedford i was working on a friday and went to that game. And that was forever ago.     Just an odd situation. Doesn't look like it will end soon either. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Each year as i come over to this thread to spy. I don't have a dog in this League but i do love southern indiana . Every year the same people say pretty much the same things.  It has to be trying for coaches who never even compete with East. It is sort of odd , being that east is smaller in enrollment than several HHC schools. I guess most of these schools just aren't football schools. NA has Romeo and i am sure most of the school is trying to suffer the non basketball sports till the season starts. Jeff has historic basketball Bedford somewhat as well. Would like to put together  post game comments from opposing east hhc coaches through the years . Would be comical im sure.    I was at the last east conference loss in bedford i was working on a friday and went to that game. And that was forever ago.     Just an odd situation. Doesn't look like it will end soon either. 

I'm so far removed from it all I can't even begin to describe what would need to be done to beat East. 

With that being said, however, I'd push for a re-alignment of the conferences in Southern Indiana. It appears that we have grown tired to each other. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DanteEstonia said:

I'm so far removed from it all I can't even begin to describe what would need to be done to beat East. 

I guess the consolation is that most schools aren't competing w/east.  What is there 320 football schools in the state. and i would venture to say that 270  of those schools if not more would lose by 21 plus each season to east.  Couple that with the fact that across the board the hhc does not have many historic football playing schools and you get what we have seen.  All you can do is give props to east. 

• Upvote 1

O99,

It won't be next year. East will have Gilley and Grewie as QB and RB. The O-Line will be rebuilt like it was this year from last year. A lot of size in the underclassmen that will be used the same way as the past. McDonald (the freshman that does kick returns) will also play some RB. 

Floyd did have some defensive stops last night that pushed East off 4th down, but I believe East was 2-2 or 3-3 on 4th down conversions. East also limited the penalities last night which is the 1st game this year they have done that. 

1 hour ago, Butter Bean said:

How did the freshman and JV games go between East and FC?

The East freshmen came from behind to win 20-13. The East JV won 29-8.

11 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

O99,

It won't be next year. East will have Gilley and Grewie as QB and RB. The O-Line will be rebuilt like it was this year from last year. A lot of size in the underclassmen that will be used the same way as the past. McDonald (the freshman that does kick returns) will also play some RB. 

Yeah, prob won't happen but still best shot in forever. During the Gaddis era East has never lost this much, had as weak of senior class (next season), with so little varsity experience coming back, plus middling success the last few years at JV and frosh levels. I don't mean its all doom and gloom, we'll be favored in HHC games, but next year the situation is as ripe as its been since 2009-2011 I'd say. 

On 9/22/2017 at 9:44 PM, richinthedirt said:

BNL 60 JC 27. 2 JC td came with their varsity O vs our Jv D. Our Jv scored against their jv D, and vice v

ersa. Could have been much worse with both Vs in. We fumbled on our 20-25 first possession.  In my opinion this  was JC only legit score. Coach put our #1s back in after the varsity vs jv stunt.

I truly hope JC replaces Coach Z at the end of the year.   Nice guy, sure... but simply cannot get the job done.  His teams have not beaten anyone who finished above .500 since 2003, his 2nd season.    A .265 winning pct, in 10 years, 60+ pts run up on his teams 7 times, etc, etc...   It's way past time to find someone who can sustain some respectability in the program.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, JCPantherFan86 said:

I truly hope JC replaces Coach Z at the end of the year.   Nice guy, sure... but simply cannot get the job done.  His teams have not beaten anyone who finished above .500 since 2003, his 2nd season.    A .265 winning pct, in 10 years, 60+ pts run up on his teams 7 times, etc, etc...   It's way past time to find someone who can sustain some respectability in the program.

Does Jennings County Schools have tenure? What's their turnover rate?

3 hours ago, JCPantherFan86 said:

Who are they going to get though? The whole point in bringing Zimmerman back was because they couldn't find anyone else that wanted the job. This is just the way it is in Jennings County.

• Upvote 1

On Sat Sep 23 2017 at 2:26 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

The East freshmen came from behind to win 20-13. The East JV won 29-8.

That Freshman win should be considered a good win. Our Freshman team is very good and actually has some size for once.

7 hours ago, JCPantherFan86 said:

I believe when he was hired, the didn't have any teaching positions. Kudos to Coach Z for stepping up in a bad situation. 

9 hours ago, JCPantherFan86 said:

Then be sure to put your name in the hat. Apparently you have all the answers to what it takes to be successful there and you might be the only one interested, so you should get it. 

Coach Z got the job last time when there were no teaching positions. It is highly unlikely there were any more applicants as qualified as he was. The history of football in JC is so poor that there is no magic pill or solution to its success, other than to move conferences. That also makes it difficult to attract a high profile coach (whatever that really means). 

JC has 6 winning seasons since 1968. SIX. Six wins happened 5 times and 7 happened once (when they were in the EIAC and tied for the conference title and one of the 6 win seasons did too). They have been .500 six times as well. Coach Z has two 5 win seasons and a 6 win season. He is far and away the winningest all-time coach in school history. So in 50 years, they have been .500 or above just 11 times and Coach Z owns 3 of those. I will also remind you again that he was a successful HC at Seeger before becoming an assistant before taking the JC job. 

Hopefully it is clear that the COACH is not the reason, nor the answer to the issues.

boilerfan87     Interesting post.  Knowing theses things, why does JC remain in the HHC?  If 50 years isn't  enough proof they can't compete in a conference, is remaining fair to their athletes and the community?   What is the school board trying to prove?  

I think the answer to the JC questions are plainly that the community does not care. Therefore the school board does not care. Given the size of their school they are probably in a conference of like sized schools. I do not follow the hhc in other sports besides football and basketball. But in some forgotten communities of america and indiana major sports are of no importance to the communities or school boards. Jennings County is in the middle of nowhere. Im not sure what is there i didnt even know where it was till i googled it today . I thought it was further Southeast. What is there? THe old Muskatatuk State mental hospital?   I have been living in the city or near one all my life , maybe there is a dirt track speeway near or something for the folks to do. Which i like to do here in bloomington from time to time.  Maybe someday high school football will gain traction there and it will be the communities heartbeat. But till then it is just quiet rural america. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

I think the answer to the JC questions are plainly that the community does not care. Therefore the school board does not care. Given the size of their school they are probably in a conference of like sized schools. I do not follow the hhc in other sports besides football and basketball. But in some forgotten communities of america and indiana major sports are of no importance to the communities or school boards. Jennings County is in the middle of nowhere. Im not sure what is there i didnt even know where it was till i googled it today . I thought it was further Southeast. What is there? THe old Muskatatuk State mental hospital?   I have been living in the city or near one all my life , maybe there is a dirt track speeway near or something for the folks to do. Which i like to do here in bloomington from time to time.  Maybe someday high school football will gain traction there and it will be the communities heartbeat. But till then it is just quiet rural america. 

They strongly considered a conference change but they decided to remain in the HHC. The fact that the HHC will be moving to a 6 game conference schedule in two years is probably what kept them and Madison from leaving.

If people down here want entertainment they usually make the drive to Columbus. Other than that, the only thing they have to do is what you hear in today's country music. Twin Cities Speedway is ok but the majority don't go.

• Upvote 1