Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

itiswhatitis

Foster Farms Bowl IU vs. Utah

Levi's Stadium in San Francisco, Ca.  Haven't seen a line for this yet.  Heck of a way to start your head coaching job - with a bowl game.

IU's defense will be tested.  Utah's running back, Joe Williams has rushed for almost 1,200 yards even though he missed 4 games this season.  Utah is a physical team according to one report I read.  It also said they are honked off because they thought they'd get a better bowl. 

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Utah 38, IU 12.

I like a guy who puts it out there. Not the whining sort that says, if the Hoosiers can't stop the run , then this will happen, if Utes do this then maybe that will happen. And ,after all that, then the whiners ,won't give a score. You know the guys on here. Then when it's over, they come back on here and say"yea it pretty much played out the way I thought it would" I told ya. We know who these posters are. Pretty comical. 38-12 sounds about right though. I don't think the Utes will score that many points. 20 maybe. 

Think IU has a lot more to prove in this one. Utah started hot this year and flirted with a top 10 ranking until they lost 3/4 to end the season and relegated to a lower tier bowl.

Tom Allen has revitalized this Indiana defense and once again I think they'll show up for this one. IU has been great against the run all year and I don't see it being any different in this one. What a sweet deal it would be if Tom Allen's first win was a bowl win? 

IU 27 Utah 21

I think IU will come out ready to play! Coach Allen will have them ready to run through a brick wall!

31-30 IU with a last second field goal from Oakes over the right goalpost, only this time the officials will get it right!

Utah 31 - Indiana 14 - Inconsistent QB play all year by the Hoosiers has derailed them and it will continue in their bowl game. Utah is a very good team and Indiana has not beaten a good team all year. See no reason it will change now...

On 12/10/2016 at 1:40 AM, komets3001 said:

Utah 31 - Indiana 14 - Inconsistent QB play all year by the Hoosiers has derailed them and it will continue in their bowl game. Utah is a very good team and Indiana has not beaten a good team all year. See no reason it will change now...

17 points would be IU's second largest margin of defeat this year and the schedule included four top 10 teams. IU ain't losing to Utah by 17, if they even lose at all. Lagow in my opinion has had one bad game since Feeney has been back 100% and that was the last game against Purdue. Don't think there's any coincidence either.

Anyone have a change in their predictions, after relooking at both teams? 2 weeks of practice? By the way what is the spread now?

I've changed my mind. Indiana has had, I think, a tougher season schedule. Regardless of the coaching change, I think Utah is going to find the Hoosiers to be more than they can handle. 

Great way to start a game.

GB 

Utah 17 - Indiana 7 midway thru the 2nd quarter. Great start, but it's been all downhill since. Lagow is terrible, first he fumbles because he holds the ball too long on a pass play and then he throws a terrible interception soon after. Defense is being shredded by an average Utah offense and still can't stop a good running back. I have lost track of the open receivers Lagow has missed that are wide open. Redding has a terrible fumble on the Utah 3 yard line. Shaking my head....

Utah 26 - Indiana 24 - Another disappointing loss for the Hoosiers. Lagow was 14-39 passing which is pathetic. Defens gave up 470 yards of offense in another bad performance. Had Utah in 3rd and long several times and couldn't stop them. Williams rushed for 232 yards so where was the great run defense? Another winnable game list and the Hoosiers keep the perfect record of having not beaten a winning team all year...

31 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Utah 26 - Indiana 24 - Another disappointing loss for the Hoosiers. Lagow was 14-39 passing which is pathetic. Defens gave up 470 yards of offense in another bad performance. Had Utah in 3rd and long several times and couldn't stop them. Williams rushed for 232 yards so where was the great run defense? Another winnable game list and the Hoosiers keep the perfect record of having not beaten a winning team all year...

Surprised you haven't found a way to blame Wilson yet.

34 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Surprised you haven't found a way to blame Wilson yet.

9 hours ago, komets3001 said:

But in all reality, your rant about last night's game has been Indiana's season in a nutshell. Lagow inconsistent? No way! Red zone miscues, especially inside the 10. Really? Haven't seen that this year! Redding fumbling? shocking I know. Oakes missing chip shots? Where have you been? Indiana has been a play a game away from having an 8,9 win season.

I find it hilarious though, because these issues have plagued IU all year, and yet after Indiana's first six losses (and even after some of their wins) you're on here blaming Wilson. No accountability on the players, it was Wilson's fault. It's comical that in the one game IU lost in the most IU fashion, you didn't blame coaching ONCE. NOT ONE SINGLE TIME. Terrible clock management by Coach Allen to end the game.