Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class 5A early preseason top 10??

16 minutes ago, US31 said:

I'm an NLC homer and always want them to do well....but is this a reference to Warsaw beating Carroll?  Carroll was mid pack 6A at best last season.

That would mean 16 of 32 (possible). Furthermore, mid pack "at best" would imply 16-24 (hardly). I've got Carroll in that 8-12 range. We'll never know. What we do know is that four through sixteen is a crapshoot. Carroll had a good football team. They could beat anyone not named Brownsburg, Ben Davis, or Center Grove on any given night. Unfortunately though, they'll be remembered for the Warsaw game and not the battles they had with Snider, Hamilton Southeastern, and Warren Central. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 9:11 AM, Footballmomma said:

I have been around region football since I was 5. Watching my brothers and now my sons grow up and play. We have always be fascinated with the talent level in the area. But I wanted to attempt to take a stab at 5A and see what you guys are 💭.

1. Decatur central (was state runner up)

2. Merrillville (north semis runner up)

3. Valpo (regional runner up to #2)

4. Bloomington south (semi runner up)

5. Whiteland (regional runner up) 

6. Lafayette Jefferson (down from 6A) 

7. East central (back to back state titles 4A)

8. Warsaw( down from 6A)

9. Bloomington north

10. Hammond Morton (multiple D1s back)

feel like some of these can be switched but I think the top 2 are perfect? What do you guys think. (Doing one for 3A shortly) 

Having 2 or 3 skill position D1 recruits that Merrillville couldn't poach isn't enough to put Hammond Morton in the Top 10. The 'Govs went 5-5 last year after 2 straight one win seasons. IMO, too premature to think they're even close to being  a Top 10 team. 

East Central is probably too low. I know they lost their 2 best skill players. No idea what they have returning on their lines. But, I respect the program enough to believe they'll develop a legitimate 5A contender. They deserve Top 5 on name only.

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 9:11 AM, Footballmomma said:

I have been around region football since I was 5. Watching my brothers and now my sons grow up and play. We have always be fascinated with the talent level in the area. But I wanted to attempt to take a stab at 5A and see what you guys are 💭.

1. Decatur central (was state runner up)

2. Merrillville (north semis runner up)

3. Valpo (regional runner up to #2)

4. Bloomington south (semi runner up)

5. Whiteland (regional runner up) 

6. Lafayette Jefferson (down from 6A) 

7. East central (back to back state titles 4A)

8. Warsaw( down from 6A)

9. Bloomington north

10. Hammond Morton (multiple D1s back)

feel like some of these can be switched but I think the top 2 are perfect? What do you guys think. (Doing one for 3A shortly) 

Man, this is some great stuff right here.

Mental illness on full display.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, temptation said:

Man, this is some great stuff right here.

Mental illness on full display.

This can't be happening. 😂 Lol I defend the Govs almost everywhere I go. No way I can defend naming them a top 10 team in 5A. Gotta earn that first and while the Govs have the ability, and schedule, to EARN making it into the top 10, they're gonna HAVE TO prove it (like we all do). 

19 minutes ago, CoachMack219 said:

This can't be happening. 😂 Lol I defend the Govs almost everywhere I go. No way I can defend naming them a top 10 team in 5A. Gotta earn that first and while the Govs have the ability, and schedule, to EARN making it into the top 10, they're gonna HAVE TO prove it (like we all do). 

I am not even talking about "HIS" rankings.  I am talking about "HIM" posing as a mother of football players.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, BTF said:

That would mean 16 of 32 (possible). Furthermore, mid pack "at best" would imply 16-24 (hardly). I've got Carroll in that 8-12 range. We'll never know. What we do know is that four through sixteen is a crapshoot. Carroll had a good football team. They could beat anyone not named Brownsburg, Ben Davis, or Center Grove on any given night. Unfortunately though, they'll be remembered for the Warsaw game and not the battles they had with Snider, Hamilton Southeastern, and Warren Central. 

I had to check this....Sagarin had Carroll at 17 of 32 at end of last year.  (Interestingly, they had Warsaw at 19).

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I am not even talking about "HIS" rankings.  I am talking about "HIM" posing as a mother of football players.

Last year he had sons playing for Lake Central and Portage. Guy needs to stick with one story and ride it out.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, US31 said:

I had to check this....Sagarin had Carroll at 17 of 32 at end of last year.  (Interestingly, they had Warsaw at 19).

I still think they are an 8-12 team based on performance:

They lost to #7 Snider (if they were in 6A) by 3pts. Difference in the game was two pick 6's for Snider

They lost to #5 HSE by 14. Difference was two pick 6's by HSE. 

They beat #11 Warren Central by 4pts. 

They wasted #20 Homestead ("mid pack") by 21.

I think all being said, Warsaw's victory over Carroll was impressive. I would call Carrall "upper level caliber 6A". I'm defining "upper level" as top third. 

43 minutes ago, BTF said:

They lost to #7 Snider (if they were in 6A) by 3pts. Difference in the game was two pick 6's for Snider

I think all being said, Warsaw's victory over Carroll was impressive. I would call Carrall "upper level caliber 6A". I'm defining "upper level" as top third. 

A big fan of Carroll's program.

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Well me, can't speak for you but I believe you are too.

It's hard not to have respect for what they are doing there. Kudo's to them for opening this season vs HSE and at Center Grove. It's a good thing they have a Big Ten quarterback leading the way, they'll need him. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Isn't their QB going to Iowa?

14 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Isn't their QB going to Iowa?

Yes, he's the #51 ranked quarterback in the class of 2025. Those four pick 6's came at the hands of two of the best teams in the state. He threw three interceptions the rest of the season. Ironically, two of those pick 6's came from a fellow Iowa recruit. They square off again in Week 5. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Why are we talking about 6A schools in a 5A thread? 😛 

We're talking about how good the 6A team is that got beat by 5A Warsaw. It qualifies :). 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Currently on the Region Sports board he's on one thread posing as three different people having conversations with himself. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Currently on the Region Sports board he's on one thread posing as three different people having conversations with himself. 

Well, that's one thing they say that's good about schizophrenics ... they always have someone to talk to.

7 hours ago, scarab527 said:

I really need to watch a Merrillville game with this guy. The stories, hyperbole, and flat out lies would be fantastic.

16 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Has this individual admitted to having sockpuppets?  If not, how was this allegation proven?

16 hours ago, scarab527 said:

He for sure has 3 accounts on there (based on all of the evidence/ posts). I think two of the accounts are in the current "hot topic" on that forum and even invited the 3rd (main account) to the party. After reading here and reading there, I think he's having a grand ole time "stirring up the boards." Lol