Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Potential 6A Sectional shakeups coming?

2 hours ago, Footballmomma said:

Not to disagree but I think merrillville/Valpo are better than about half the Indy schools. I think if they had a weekly schedule with them people would be suprised to see them come out above .500. 

Inside the donut: .750

- I think they would beat the publics and Lutheran, but they'd struggle with Cathedral. Chatard would be a handful most years. Roncalli would be a crapshoot. 

Outside the donut: .250

-Suburban Indy schools are getting so big it's becoming an unlevel playing field for everyone else. Until Valpo and Merrillville somehow grow by 500-700 students, they would struggle to put together a winning record unfortunately. 

There's a reason we have six classes. Merrillville and Valpo, finally playing within their weight class, will have an opportunity to add to their trophy cases. And that's a compliment. Pound for pound, those two programs are among the best in the state. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

Inside the donut: .750

- I think they would beat the publics and Lutheran, but they'd struggle with Cathedral. Chatard would be a handful most years. Roncalli would be a crapshoot. 

Outside the donut: .250

-Suburban Indy schools are getting so big it's becoming an unlevel playing field for everyone else. Until Valpo and Merrillville somehow grow by 500-700 students, they would struggle to put together a winning record unfortunately. 

There's a reason we have six classes. Merrillville and Valpo, finally playing within their weight class, will have an opportunity to add to their trophy cases. And that's a compliment. Pound for pound, those two programs are among the best in the state. 

Nice to hear someone give respect to the DAC. I personally think they are a top 3 conference but it’s debatable. I know crown point and merrillville are growing there surrounding area so wouldn’t suprise me to see it. Lake county is supposedly the fastest growing county in Indiana. 

if i remember in the paper correctly. Merrillville is in process of building like 700 family homes and have something like 4,000 apartments coming in.. plus a lot of company’s moving corporate warehouses to merrillville/crown point. Crown point is also building a few thousand family homes. Crown point I hear is in process of looking to build a 2nd school. Just looking and merrillville is in the process of getting ready for expansion. Supposedly merrillville is thinking by 2029-2032 they will be around 3500… and crown point will be a little over 4,000 but I mean we gotta see what type of people move in and if they have kids lol. Hard to believe this area up here is changing so much. Lived here all my life. Little side note. Town of merrillville is going to pay andreans school renovations too. 

im so ready for football. Gonna be a great year. Go 219!! 

6 hours ago, BTF said:

Carroll and Homestead for sure. After Warren Central this year, there don't seem to be any Indy teams on Snider's radar for the foreseeable future. 

IMO, they need to get 2 indy area teams on schedule every year. If not, Penn and (1) indy school. Warsaw and East Noble are nice, but not sure what they gain from those matchups. 

21 hours ago, psaboy said:

IMO, they need to get 2 indy area teams on schedule every year. If not, Penn and (1) indy school. Warsaw and East Noble are nice, but not sure what they gain from those matchups. 

Agree 100%. East Noble and Warsaw do nothing for Snider in terms of preparation for a state title run. In my opinion, beating Warren the way they did last year was the impetus to a state title. 

2 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Agree 100%. East Noble and Warsaw do nothing for Snider in terms of preparation for a state title run. In my opinion, beating Warren the way they did last year was the impetus to a state title. 

Yep, and the lose to Homestead was a wake up call. 

On 4/13/2024 at 3:19 PM, Footballmomma said:

Not to disagree but I think merrillville/Valpo are better than about half the Indy schools. I think if they had a weekly schedule with them people would be suprised to see them come out above .500. 

But, are they better than the Indy schools that matter, when push comes to shove. HSE, Fishers, Westfield, Brownsburg, Center Grove, Ben Davis, Carmel and Warren in any given year will have the horses to win state. Four of those schools have pleasure of beating up on one another yearly. They see this level of competition weekly, while CP will see it maybe two times in the year. The DAC could make themselves stronger by increasing the size of the conference adding 2-4 more teams and having 3 or 4 non-conference games. This opens up flexibility in scheduling downstate foes and out of state teams. 

Your could do what the NIC did, have a smaller side of the conference and a bigger or you could competitively balance the divisions and have cross-over games to fill the conference schedules. If you go big and small, you can look at adding New Prairie, Hobart and Lowell along with Penn. If you competitively balance the schedule you may want to look at Penn, Elkhart and the teams from Lafayette. 

I would be all for Penn playing a Duneland schedule. I have advocated for Penn to move to the DAC. Playing Merrillville, Valpo and CP in the same year or in any combination would be better than what Penn is currently working with. The DAC is 1000% a step up in class and competition for Penn. But, key to state will always run through Indy, if we like it or not. Especially in the South. Whoever comes out of the southern half of 6A, is going to be more prepared for the championship game than I think any 6A north team will be. 

I think Ben Davis's gauntlet through the playoffs last year is what ended up putting them over on CP. BD took CP's best shots and still walked away with a 28 point win. 

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I think Ben Davis's gauntlet through the playoffs last year is what ended up putting them over on CP. BD took CP's best shots and still walked away with a 28 point win. 

Ben Davis was a really good football team last year, but Brownsburg or Center Grove could have won it all too. The Giants were just a little better/luckier on that particular night. It was going to be one of those three or even Cathedral in 6A. Respectfully, no one in the North was going to win State last year as good as CP was.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Ben Davis was a really good football team last year, but Brownsburg or Center Grove could have won it all too. The Giants were just a little better/luckier on that particular night. It was going to be one of those three or even Cathedral in 6A. Respectfully, no one in the North was going to win State last year as good as CP was.

2/2 today sir!  Spot on.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 6:15 PM, Footballmomma said:

Supposedly merrillville is thinking by 2029-2032 they will be around 3500… and crown point will be a little over 4,000 but I mean we gotta see what type of people move in and if they have kids lol.

That also mean the likes of Carmel may be in the 6000-7000 student realm by then as well.

21 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

That also mean the likes of Carmel may be in the 6000-7000 student realm by then as well.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't see much room for Carmel to grow out much more. It's not like Zionsville, Noblesville, Westfield or Fishers/HSE. It's kind of locked in by those places.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 12:39 PM, BDGiant93 said:

I agree with that 100%... I think that when it comes to the Metro Indy teams that are in the North, I don't qualify them as the North. So, I think that maybe an HSE, Fishers or Westfield would have given more of a fight, but we up across the Michigan state line just don't see the quality week in and week out to actually threaten you guys anymore. 

Fort Wayne is I think closest then CP is not far behind. Just my thoughts. 

22 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I agree with that 100%... I think that when it comes to the Metro Indy teams that are in the North, I don't qualify them as the North. So, I think that maybe an HSE, Fishers or Westfield would have given more of a fight, but we up across the Michigan state line just don't see the quality week in and week out to actually threaten you guys anymore. 

Fort Wayne is I think closest then CP is not far behind. Just my thoughts. 

Everyone keeps saying that, yet they've stalled at semi-state two years in a road. I'm not sure anyone out of the northern bracket would have come within 21pts last year. Ben Davis, firing on all cylinders in a perfect weather environment, was unstoppable. I think Ben Davis and Brownsburg were in a league of their own with Center Grove just on the outside looking in. Throw the next eight teams (no particular order), HSE, Fishers, Westfield, Crown Point, Snider, Chatard, Cathedral, and East Central into a blender. 

Edited by BTF

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Everyone keeps saying that, yet they've stalled at semi-state two years in a road. I'm not sure anyone out of the northern bracket would have come within 21pts last year. Ben Davis, firing on all cylinders in a perfect weather environment, was unstoppable. I think Ben Davis and Brownsburg were in a league of their own with Center Grove just on the outside looking in. Throw the next eight teams (no particular order), HSE, Fishers, Westfield, Crown Point, Snider, Chatard, Cathedral, and East Central into a blender. 

Yeah, I’m not sure you can include Westfield in that list since they lost to Crown Point though that result shocked me.

Then, you add in the fact that Westfield beat HSE and HSE beat Fishers…

Ive been overly brash about the HCC too many years in a row now.  Brownsburg broke me and now Westfield seems to be trending that way.

They’ve gotta win one soon, right?

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yeah, I’m not sure you can include Westfield in that list since they lost to Crown Point though that result shocked me.

Then, you add in the fact that Westfield beat HSE and HSE beat Fishers…

Ive been overly brash about the HCC too many years in a row now.  Brownsburg broke me and now Westfield seems to be trending that way.

They’ve gotta win one soon, right?

It's just a matter of time before the HCC comes through. Still the top conference from top to bottom. If the HCC wanted to, they could make a claim that they had the best team in the state last season. They just didn't finish the job. 

I had Westfield in the next eight, I'm not sure which list you're referring to?