Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

itiswhatitis

Foster Farms Bowl IU vs. Utah

Surprised you haven't found a way to praise Wilson yet for having them play another team so close again....

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

But in all reality, your rant about last night's game has been Indiana's season in a nutshell. Lagow inconsistent? No way! Red zone miscues, especially inside the 10. Really? Haven't seen that this year! Redding fumbling? shocking I know. Oakes missing chip shots? Where have you been? Indiana has been a play a game away from having an 8,9 win season.

I find it hilarious though, because these issues have plagued IU all year, and yet after Indiana's first six losses (and even after some of their wins) you're on here blaming Wilson. No accountability on the players, it was Wilson's fault. It's comical that in the one game IU lost in the most IU fashion, you didn't blame coaching ONCE. NOT ONE SINGLE TIME. Terrible clock management by Coach Allen to end the game.

The only thing I would blame Allen for would be the clock mismanagement at the end of the game , which really meant little as, let's be honest, Oakes wasn't going to make a field goal to win the game from any distance. The guy missed 10 field goals this Year, the most in college football. As the Dude has repeatedly said, it is all about culture at IU. It is a losing culture that hasn't changed during your heros 6 year tenure, it is has gotten even worse. Every possible way that Indiana can lose a game it has during your heros reign. It is like Groundhogs Day over and over again 

15 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Surprised you haven't found a way to praise Wilson yet for having them play another team so close again....

I think my stance on Wilson has been pretty clear from day 1. Give him the time and resources and he'd be able to turn a program from laughing stock to competitive and that he did.

Hopefully we're all still around in the next few year and once Wilson's players have all moved on and we're once again chasing Purdue and competing with Rutgers for last place while getting our brains beat in between you'll see Wilson had a little more impact on the program than you, The Dude, and others thought. Time will tell.

8 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

The only thing I would blame Allen for would be the clock mismanagement at the end of the game , which really meant little as, let's be honest, Oakes wasn't going to make a field goal to win the game from any distance. The guy missed 10 field goals this Year, the most in college football. As the Dude has repeatedly said, it is all about culture at IU. It is a losing culture that hasn't changed during your heros 6 year tenure, it is has gotten even worse. Every possible way that Indiana can lose a game it has during your heros reign. It is like Groundhogs Day over and over again 

Yet you had ZERO issue over the course of the year blaming Wilson for Lagow's inconsistencies, players not executing in the red zone, or making that one play to get over the hump. Zero issue. Players need to be held accountable. This is the first time all year you've held players accountable and not pitted a loss on coaching. It's funny that one game is the first game with Wilson gone. Admit you were never going to give Wilson a chance and admit you weren't ever going to give Wilson credit or the benefit of the doubt regardless of what happened. Admit that and I will drop the Wilson talk on IU threads.

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think my stance on Wilson has been pretty clear from day 1. Give him the time and resources and he'd be able to turn a program from laughing stock to competitive and that he did.

Hopefully we're all still around in the next few year and once Wilson's players have all moved on and we're once again chasing Purdue and competing with Rutgers for last place while getting our brains beat in between you'll see Wilson had a little more impact on the program than you, The Dude, and others thought. Time will tell.

Look, I have not argued one time about the increase in talent that came to Bloomington during his his tenure, I have repeatedly argued about his ineptitude as a head coach. Great recruiter, terrible in game head coach. Terrible developer of talent. 

6 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Look, I have not argued one time about the increase in talent that came to Bloomington during his his tenure, I have repeatedly argued about his ineptitude as a head coach. Great recruiter, terrible in game head coach. Terrible developer of talent. 

Terrible developer of talent? Most laughable thing you've said on anything regarding Wilson. Jason Spriggs? A former high school TE that became a 4 year starter and a 2nd rd draft pick current starter for the Packers. Dan Feeney? A 2 time first team All-American who will be drafted within the first three rounds. Nate Sudfeld? a 3* QB who holds nearly every IU passing record. Tevin Coleman? A 2,000 yard single season rusher making huge contributions for the Falcons. Cody Lattimer? Darius Latham? Do I need to go further? You are so blinded by hate in regards to Wilson that you can't even give him credit for one of his greatest attributes, developing players.

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Surprised you haven't found a way to blame Wilson yet.

He's not coaching IUFB anymore.  It's time to move on.

45 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

But in all reality, your rant about last night's game has been Indiana's season in a nutshell. Lagow inconsistent? No way! Red zone miscues, especially inside the 10. Really? Haven't seen that this year! Redding fumbling? shocking I know. Oakes missing chip shots? Where have you been? Indiana has been a play a game away from having an 8,9 win season.

I find it hilarious though, because these issues have plagued IU all year, and yet after Indiana's first six losses (and even after some of their wins) you're on here blaming Wilson. No accountability on the players, it was Wilson's fault. It's comical that in the one game IU lost in the most IU fashion, you didn't blame coaching ONCE. NOT ONE SINGLE TIME. Terrible clock management by Coach Allen to end the game.

There you go again, somehow beating that dead horse.

31 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Yet you had ZERO issue over the course of the year blaming Wilson for Lagow's inconsistencies, players not executing in the red zone, or making that one play to get over the hump. Zero issue. Players need to be held accountable. This is the first time all year you've held players accountable and not pitted a loss on coaching. It's funny that one game is the first game with Wilson gone. Admit you were never going to give Wilson a chance and admit you weren't ever going to give Wilson credit or the benefit of the doubt regardless of what happened. Admit that and I will drop the Wilson talk on IU threads.

There it is again.  He's gone, man!  Get over it.

24 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Don't feed the troll.

18 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Terrible developer of talent? Most laughable thing you've said on anything regarding Wilson. Jason Spriggs? A former high school TE that became a 4 year starter and a 2nd rd draft pick current starter for the Packers. Dan Feeney? A 2 time first team All-American who will be drafted within the first three rounds. Nate Sudfeld? a 3* QB who holds nearly every IU passing record. Tevin Coleman? A 2,000 yard single season rusher making huge contributions for the Falcons. Cody Lattimer? Darius Latham? Do I need to go further? You are so blinded by hate in regards to Wilson that you can't even give him credit for one of his greatest attributes, developing players.

HE'S GONE!!!!  It's time to move on.

The Dude watched yet another winnable game last night.  A lot of mistakes (players and coaches) and a lot of good things (players and coaches) happened last night.  The Dude hopes to see improvement next year and the years to come.  It should be interesting to see what happens with the coaching staff this off season.  

23 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

He's not coaching IUFB anymore.  It's time to move on.

There you go again, somehow beating that dead horse.

There it is again.  He's gone, man!  Get over it.

Don't feed the troll.

HE'S GONE!!!!  It's time to move on.

The Dude watched yet another winnable game last night.  A lot of mistakes (players and coaches) and a lot of good things (players and coaches) happened last night.  The Dude hopes to see improvement next year and the years to come.  It should be interesting to see what happens with the coaching staff this off season.  

If someone is going to say something as stupid as, "Wilson is a terrible developer of talent" I'm going to defend that until the day I die regardless if it's been a month or 20 years after his firing. A statement like that goes to show that guys like you and Komet weren't going to give Wilson any kind of credit regardless of what he did. How one can say Wilson was poor at developing talent is laugh out loud funny the most ludicrous statement I've heard when describing Wilson.

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

If someone is going to say something as stupid as, "Wilson is a terrible developer of talent" I'm going to defend that until the day I die regardless if it's been a month or 20 years after his firing. A statement like that goes to show that guys like you and Komet weren't going to give Wilson any kind of credit regardless of what he did. How one can say Wilson was poor at developing talent is laugh out loud funny the most ludicrous statement I've heard when describing Wilson.

He's gone.  Seriously, move on.  Go Hoosiers!

10 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

He's gone.  Seriously, move on.  Go Hoosiers!

I'll choose to post what I want when I want. If you or others want to continue to post irrational statements about Wilson or the state of the IU program I will respond accordingly.

Special teams played huge last night.  Utah's kicker was 4/4 on FG attempts.  IU's placekicking haunted them again last night.  IU's punting and placekicking games must improve. There are 2 Center Grove walk-on's as punter and placekicker.  Hopefully, they both can show an impact in the off-season.

Winnable game because of Utah's turnovers and IU's pass rush.....this one stings.  Hopefully, the program will move forward.

14 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Great developer of talent? I just spit my beer!!! In 6 years as head coach, ZERO seasons of .500 football!! Tell me again what team did Indiana beat that was a winning team this year? ZERO! Let's say that all these guys you speak of were developed by your hero, that speaks even less of his ability to use that talent to win games with arguably the best talent in the last 40 years of Indians football...

Don't want to get in the middle of the arguments on this thread but all I have to say is that the ENTIRE IU COACHING STAFF blew it by not getting Zander Diamont into the game during the 2nd half...  plain and simple.

1 hour ago, Dabears said:

Don't want to get in the middle of the arguments on this thread but all I have to say is that the ENTIRE IU COACHING STAFF blew it by not getting Zander Diamont into the game during the 2nd half...  plain and simple.

The Dude abides, and yet they still had a chance to win the game with a 40 yard FG.  Anytime you turn the ball over 4 times in a game the likelihood of losing is much grater.  And that's exactly what Utah did.  Unfortunately IU turned the ball over 3 times.  Regardless, you have got to give credit to the IU players for hanging in there.  The game could have been much more lopsided had not been for the IU defense.

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

The Dude abides, and yet they still had a chance to win the game with a 40 yard FG.  Anytime you turn the ball over 4 times in a game the likelihood of losing is much grater.  And that's exactly what Utah did.  Unfortunately IU turned the ball over 3 times.  Regardless, you have got to give credit to the IU players for hanging in there.  The game could have been much more lopsided had not been for the IU defense.

Hahahaha. Same case in about 4 or 5 other games this year with an anemic offense. Credit IU players for hanging in there when Coach Allen is calling the shots, Wilson's fault in all the other games. The double standard is COMICAL.

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Hahahaha. Same case in about 4 or 5 other games this year with an anemic offense. Credit IU players for hanging in there when Coach Allen is calling the shots, Wilson's fault in all the other games. The double standard is COMICAL.

Why are you so combative?  Grow up.

24 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Why are you so combative?  Grow up.

Because your hypocritical analysis of this IU's football team calls for it.

15 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Because your hypocritical analysis of this IU's football team calls for it.

Not that it matters, but go back and read the very first sentence of the Dude's post.  It's right there for you to process and comprehend.  The Dude gets it, you're a Wilson guy and it just shakes you to the core that he was fired along with the fact that folks don't agree with you on your assessment about him.  And now you want to target the folks that didn't agree with you and defend of a guy that apparently treated his players like dogs.  Seriously, you need to take it easy, man.  Grow up.

34 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

along with the fact that folks don't agree with you on your assessment about him.

I hope you didn't include me, in this statement. I think you might be over impressed by your own assessment of coach Wilson. Just a thought. 

50 minutes ago, southend said:

I hope you didn't include me, in this statement. I think you might be over impressed by your own assessment of coach Wilson. Just a thought. 

The Dude give's up.  You win.

6 hours ago, Lebowski said:

The Dude give's up.  You win.

What? not so, I already told you, that you won.