Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Potential 6A Sectional shakeups coming?

Well, I am bored here at work trying to keep myself awake at the moment. So, I have been trying to figure out who the 16 North Schools will be with some of the changes that have been made due to enrollment and success factor.

Warsaw went down and Snider moves up. Harrison has joined 6A and Cathedral remains in 6A as well. 

With Snider moving up, this could be an all Fort Wayne sectional. 

Sectional 1 could easily be Portage, Harrison, Lake Central and Crown Point.

Sectional 2, 3, and  4 are where some changes may come about. 

Possible outlook for Sectional 2: Penn, Elkhart, Carroll and Northrop 

Possible outlook for Sectional 3: Snider, Homestead, HSE and Fishers

Possible outlook for Sectional 4: Carmel, Westfield, Noblesville and  Maybe Zionsville. 

Penn and Elkhart make things muddy with them sitting in the middle of the state. If Valpo would have moved up We could have seen Valpo and Portage back in sectional 2. The Fort Wayne schools are almost interchangeable in regards to placement in either sectional 2 or 3. In Sectional 4 for me it is hard to know which schools will likely be labeled a Northern school since they are all so close. 

Your estimate looks pretty accurate. They'll separate the Fort Wayne teams. My feelings aren't hurt as a fan, it just provides for some interesting matchups. What's Penn doing in 2027? Snider's contract with East Noble expires after 2026. This old rivalry needs to renew itself. Both teams have one hell of a path to go through to meet in 2024. 

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Your estimate looks pretty accurate. They'll separate the Fort Wayne teams. My feelings aren't hurt as a fan, it just provides for some interesting matchups. What's Penn doing in 2027? Snider's contract with East Noble expires after 2026. This old rivalry needs to renew itself. Both teams have one hell of a path to go through to meet in 2024. 

Unless Penn convinces the NIC to find schools to add or drops the 7 game conference schedule, Penn will likely be playing Valpo and Mishawaka weeks one and two for the foreseeable future.

Maybe Coach Pete, will not care about upsetting people and send the JV to play the SB schools. 

12 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Unless Penn convinces the NIC to find schools to add or drops the 7 game conference schedule, Penn will likely be playing Valpo and Mishawaka weeks one and two for the foreseeable future.

Maybe Coach Pete, will not care about upsetting people and send the JV to play the SB schools. 

Makes sense. 

28 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Our Strength of schedule is going to be a Dinosaur size pile of crap...Good times. 

The key to 6A success is seeing two Indy area teams during the regular season. That wasn't the case in the 80's and 90's when there were only 3-5 good teams out of Indy.  Fast forward two decades and the landscape has changed, now there are 10-15 good teams from Central Indiana.  Kids in Indy are no more talented than kids in any other area of the state, but I think they are a little more hardened by way of the schedule they play week in and week out. If you don't see that level of toughness during the regular season, it's like running into a brick wall in the postseason. There's one particular program that would probably argue this logic, but I think it'll work for most programs. 

On 4/9/2024 at 1:49 PM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

If I’m not mistaken. And please correct me if I’m false but I’m 99% sure that this is the last year for Valpo and Penn. my son that has friends at Valpo said they are playing Hamilton southeastern or homestead after this upcoming season ? And that Penn was supposed to be putting Merrillville back on schedule for week 2? I could be wrong. I’ll have to ask. Just heard from others that Valpo was playing someone new week 1 after next season and Penn was gonna take merrillville back on the schedule? 

Hobart dropped merrillville after this upcoming season. 

17 hours ago, Footballmomma said:

If I’m not mistaken. And please correct me if I’m false but I’m 99% sure that this is the last year for Valpo and Penn. my son that has friends at Valpo said they are playing Hamilton southeastern or homestead after this upcoming season ? And that Penn was supposed to be putting Merrillville back on schedule for week 2? I could be wrong. I’ll have to ask. Just heard from others that Valpo was playing someone new week 1 after next season and Penn was gonna take merrillville back on the schedule? 

Hobart dropped merrillville after this upcoming season. 

Cannot confirm, however I am in the same 99% group as yourself. I believe all of the above is true. But like you, I'm also SLIGHTLY unsure. If anyone knows better, happy to hear!

On 4/9/2024 at 10:17 AM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Well, I am bored here at work trying to keep myself awake at the moment. So, I have been trying to figure out who the 16 North Schools will be with some of the changes that have been made due to enrollment and success factor.

Warsaw went down and Snider moves up. Harrison has joined 6A and Cathedral remains in 6A as well. 

With Snider moving up, this could be an all Fort Wayne sectional. 

Sectional 1 could easily be Portage, Harrison, Lake Central and Crown Point.

Sectional 2, 3, and  4 are where some changes may come about. 

Possible outlook for Sectional 2: Penn, Elkhart, Carroll and Northrop 

Possible outlook for Sectional 3: Snider, Homestead, HSE and Fishers

Possible outlook for Sectional 4: Carmel, Westfield, Noblesville and  Maybe Zionsville. 

Penn and Elkhart make things muddy with them sitting in the middle of the state. If Valpo would have moved up We could have seen Valpo and Portage back in sectional 2. The Fort Wayne schools are almost interchangeable in regards to placement in either sectional 2 or 3. In Sectional 4 for me it is hard to know which schools will likely be labeled a Northern school since they are all so close. 

Ben Davis tends to be a tennis ball that gets bounced around. In 6A, the Giants have been paired with Avon, Brownsburg, Pike, Arsenal Tech, Perry Meridian, Southport, Lawrence North, Lawrence Central and Warren Central in Sectional. Personally, I think the Avon/Brownsburg/Pike configuration makes the most sense. Ben Davis has still never played Franklin Central even though they were paired in the same Sectional in 5A for a cycle.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 3:50 PM, BTF said:

The key to 6A success is seeing two Indy area teams during the regular season. That wasn't the case in the 80's and 90's when there were only 3-5 good teams out of Indy.  Fast forward two decades and the landscape has changed, now there are 10-15 good teams from Central Indiana.  Kids in Indy are no more talented than kids in any other area of the state, but I think they are a little more hardened by way of the schedule they play week in and week out. If you don't see that level of toughness during the regular season, it's like running into a brick wall in the postseason. There's one particular program that would probably argue this logic, but I think it'll work for most programs. 

Homestead agrees.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Homestead agrees.

I think Homestead's problem is more mental than anything else. In order to beat a team from Indy, you have to have the mindset that not only are you going to beat them, you're going to beat them by multiple scores. Homestead isn't there yet. 

6 hours ago, CoachMack219 said:

Cannot confirm, however I am in the same 99% group as yourself. I believe all of the above is true. But like you, I'm also SLIGHTLY unsure. If anyone knows better, happy to hear!

It’s just kids with hearsay I guess. But at one point and time Valpo gave Hamilton southeastern on there MaxPreps schedule for this upcoming season. And now it seems to be that it’s the year after. As I said anyone correct me if I’m wrong. Please. My son right now is homeschooled but he loves Hobart football. We are trying to find the right fit for him. I don’t necessarily like the coach staff at Hobart. Nothing against the as role models just the game planning aspect. We are leaning in enrolling him at Andrean or merrillville. 

Andrean is top notch academics. And solid athletics! But word is merrillville is returning everything they had plus some and are 100% on par for that state championship game. Plus they have a lot more diversity. I think I’m gonna end up letting my son decide but I’ll be here all year. I graduated from Griffith so I know all about region football 

On 4/11/2024 at 2:13 PM, Footballmomma said:

If I’m not mistaken. And please correct me if I’m false but I’m 99% sure that this is the last year for Valpo and Penn. my son that has friends at Valpo said they are playing Hamilton southeastern or homestead after this upcoming season ? 

The Valpo/Penn series was a good one, I'm surprised they are letting it go. I think Valpo/Homestead is a hell of a matchup. They won't back down from HSE one iota if it happens to be them. Stout program Valpo is. 

13 hours ago, BTF said:

The Valpo/Penn series was a good one, I'm surprised they are letting it go. I think Valpo/Homestead is a hell of a matchup. They won't back down from HSE one iota if it happens to be them. Stout program Valpo is. 

Like I said I’m. It sure if it was homestead or Hamilton southeastern. But I get that. Actually heard Penn was dropping Valpo due to the fact they wanted to play the pirates and get that classic rivalry back. But I could be wrong. I asked Merrillville Superfan on Facebook but he said for once he has no answers 😂 he said they have a week 2 opening after dropping Hobart following this year. And they were rumored to move Andrean to week 2 and take Penn week 1 but there hasn’t been any confirmation. They apparently have multiple options. He said something about the following schools have reached out to them (Penn, Lafayette jeff, Warsaw, fw snider, Hanover central, Westfield, Zionsville) also said they are exploring opportunities out of state.
-took that from his message back to me. But he said to sit back and wait and find out.

but yes call and Penn ending is odd. I wish Hobart would go schedule a bigger school outside region. Andrean is trying to get cathedral on there schedule also. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That never stopped him before. 🤣😂😅

So I have seen. 😂 he seems to be very popular and he leans into the role of getting the page going on Facebook! Is he on here at all? If so what’s his name? I need to see the controversy he creates🤣

29 minutes ago, Footballmomma said:

So I have seen. 😂 he seems to be very popular and he leans into the role of getting the page going on Facebook! Is he on here at all? If so what’s his name? I need to see the controversy he creates🤣

He was on the GID … briefly. It didn’t work out. 😂

57 minutes ago, Bobref said:

He was on the GID … briefly. It didn’t work out. 😂

So yall kicked him out because of that? 99% of the stuff he says turns out to be truth just takes time lol 😂 

hate to say it but I think someone in DAC wins 5A this years and I think crown point gets back to state again this year in 6A but still gets stomped 

2 hours ago, Footballmomma said:

So yall kicked him out because of that? 99% of the stuff he says turns out to be truth just takes time lol 😂 

hate to say it but I think someone in DAC wins 5A this years and I think crown point gets back to state again this year in 6A but still gets stomped 

We absolutely cannot be talking about the same guy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BTF said:

I think Homestead's problem is more mental than anything else. In order to beat a team from Indy, you have to have the mindset that not only are you going to beat them, you're going to beat them by multiple scores. Homestead isn't there yet. 

Probably because Snider and Carroll are in their head 24/7 🤣

22 hours ago, Footballmomma said:

It’s just kids with hearsay I guess. But at one point and time Valpo gave Hamilton southeastern on there MaxPreps schedule for this upcoming season. And now it seems to be that it’s the year after. As I said anyone correct me if I’m wrong. Please. My son right now is homeschooled but he loves Hobart football. We are trying to find the right fit for him. I don’t necessarily like the coach staff at Hobart. Nothing against the as role models just the game planning aspect. We are leaning in enrolling him at Andrean or merrillville. 

Andrean is top notch academics. And solid athletics! But word is merrillville is returning everything they had plus some and are 100% on par for that state championship game. Plus they have a lot more diversity. I think I’m gonna end up letting my son decide but I’ll be here all year. I graduated from Griffith so I know all about region football 

Penn is not very forthcoming to people not directly involved in the program. With the Valpo series stretching back to 1996 I just assumed this was a game that would continue to go on for years to come. Penn picking up Merrillville helps them see speed, but they need to pick up teams that compete at the 6A level and are from Indy. 

Playing 5A Valpo and now 4A Mishawaka don't come off well, while other 6A programs are testing themselves against the best of 6A. Carroll, Snider and Homestead are leading the way in testing themselves. 

Penn's schedule is weak and will be weak, until changes are made. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballmomma said:

Crown Point winning the North will boil down to who comes out of sectional 2. If Penn does, I expect to see CP back in Semi-state, if Carroll does then that is a toss up. Carroll is a better program top to bottom right now, and I expect them to be more prepared for what CP has to offer than Penn will. I think it also depends what 16 teams end up in the North and how the sectionals shake out how hard of a road CP will end up having. 

Right now I say the winner of the North will come down to Westfield, HSE or Fishers. CP is not far behind, but I will always put my money on 6A indy before 6A north. 

I like Snider in sectional 3, but depending who they are grouped with, will dictate how far I think they will make it. 

45 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Probably because Snider and Carroll are in their head 24/7 🤣

It certainly appears that way. Winning the SAC seems to be their plateau. I'm not sure they think they can beat a team from Indy. I do commend them for amping up their schedule though. I'm always rooting for them to get over that Indy hump. 

43 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Playing 5A Valpo and now 4A Mishawaka don't come off well, while other 6A programs are testing themselves against the best of 6A. Carroll, Snider and Homestead are leading the way in testing themselves. 

Carroll and Homestead for sure. After Warren Central this year, there don't seem to be any Indy teams on Snider's radar for the foreseeable future. 

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Crown Point winning the North will boil down to who comes out of sectional 2. If Penn does, I expect to see CP back in Semi-state, if Carroll does then that is a toss up. Carroll is a better program top to bottom right now, and I expect them to be more prepared for what CP has to offer than Penn will. I think it also depends what 16 teams end up in the North and how the sectionals shake out how hard of a road CP will end up having. 

Right now I say the winner of the North will come down to Westfield, HSE or Fishers. CP is not far behind, but I will always put my money on 6A indy before 6A north. 

I like Snider in sectional 3, but depending who they are grouped with, will dictate how far I think they will make it. 

I can say crown point hit that transfer portal hard. Saw them in “spring” practice. They seem to have gotten a lot darker and a lot more athletic. They were running a full fledge scrimmage basically! 

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Not to disagree but I think merrillville/Valpo are better than about half the Indy schools. I think if they had a weekly schedule with them people would be suprised to see them come out above .500. 

• Sad 1