Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GB4

Joe Mixon

there is not enough adjectives that are negative in nature that can be put towards this and other acts of violence like this against females.  

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

there is not enough adjectives that are negative in nature that can be put towards this and other acts of violence like this against females.  

Amen coach!  As a father of 2 girls, upsetting doesn't even begin to describe my feelings.  Shame on the University of Oklahoma and Bob Stoops.  Not sure as a parent how you can turn your head away all in the name of winning.

Would love to hear from the legal folks why the Norman police didn't arrest Mixon.  

I know the world of Twitter is crazy but I keep seeing people stating that this was self defense. That totally boggles my mind and saddens me that so many people think that.

GB 

guess I found out the answer to my own question....evidently, a male breaking 4 bones in a woman's face is only a misdemeanor in Norman, OK.  Perhaps that a special provision for Sooner football players......regardless, interesting accounts in this ESPN report.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18318569/oklahoma-sooners-rb-joe-mixon-told-police-punched-woman-reaction

1 hour ago, komets3001 said:

Disgusting situation and any respect that I had for Bob Stoops is gone...

I'm disappointed as well.  Stoops also has a daughter....I wonder how he would have reacted if she was slugged by a man and sustained 4 broken bones in her face?

But my disappointment doesn't stop with him.  The president and AD saw the video and went along.  The Norman prosecutor only felt it warranted a misdemeanor.  I shake my head at all of them.  Dollars and winning won out over human decency.  Guess I shouldn't be surprised.....