Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NORTH/SOUTH ALL-STAR GAME

It was a very entertaining game with a lot of action.  The Region of NWI should be very proud with their athletes and coaches performing very well.  Andreans Zach Merrill was MVP of game and was easily the most exciting player on the field.  It will be interesting how he does with the Hoosiers next year.  Chestertons VanEekern kicked the game winning field goal.  Laporte's Seibert opened up o holes on the Oline, and I thought that Valparaiso's Tyler Bukur, Lowell's Jansky on the DL, and Whiting's Barbosa all stood out defensively for the north.  Also, River Forest's Joe O Connell and Valparaiso's Sam Bernardi were part of the Norths Coaching staff.  

• Like 1

Sure but next tier guys put on a show, guys going to IU, Dayton, Ball St. and host of other schools.   Still lot of talent on that field.   Always is.   

I know I saw articles up north from Jim Peters covering Laporte County players and Sam King covering Lafayette Area as well 

• Like 2

I got there late, but it was overall a very good game. Kiser just had surgery not too long ago on his shoulder. Pretty sure that would have not been idealistic and he was an early enrollee at ND as well. They want him healthy because they have plans for him. It was a healthy crowd to say the least with both sides having a great turn out from all over the state. 

9 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Sure but next tier guys put on a show, guys going to IU, Dayton, Ball St. and host of other schools.   Still lot of talent on that field.   Always is.   

I know I saw articles up north from Jim Peters covering Laporte County players and Sam King covering Lafayette Area as well 

Oh most def there is plenty if Talent on the feild. Just would love to see the top 10 players in the state put on a show one last time before we see them on Saturdays. 

The intent of the game is probably to recognize top players, coaches and players get together for a friendly competition, and overall a fun time. Whether or not the absolute best players are there or it gets high media coverage/forum buzz is probably not on the list of concerns for the iFCA. I saw articles posted so it was at least covered. The full crowd is also encouraging. Great job IFCA and everyone who participated.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Warren05 said:

The top ranked players like Bell, Kiser, Karlaftis, S.James, Robbins, Brit dont play. 

Out of IFCA's hands.  I am sure that the players mentioned were invited, but their college coaches didn't/wouldn't let them play.  To be honest, it was good to see the players who were on the field Friday night.  

BTW, some players on Friday night did all they could, to get on the field..., see https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/2019/07/13/healthy-kyle-hazell-makes-big-impact-north-south-all-star-game/1707069001/

7 hours ago, nmsu_aggie said:

Out of IFCA's hands.  I am sure that the players mentioned were invited, but their college coaches didn't/wouldn't let them play.  To be honest, it was good to see the players who were on the field Friday night.  

BTW, some players on Friday night did all they could, to get on the field..., see https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/2019/07/13/healthy-kyle-hazell-makes-big-impact-north-south-all-star-game/1707069001/

Oh in no way was I saying it was anyone at the IFCA's fault this kids not play. 

On 7/14/2019 at 9:52 PM, Warren05 said:

The top ranked players like Bell, Kiser, Karlaftis, S.James, Robbins, Brit dont play. 

Playing in the NorthSouth game was discussed with and approved by the Notre Dame coaching staff BEFORE Jack's shoulder issue was found and surgery was performed.  Although he is doing extremely well in recovery/rehab and competing daily in offseason workouts, his official 6 month release to return to full contact date is August 3rd.  Thus he withdrew from the voting as he knew in advance he could not participate.  In addition, the game was important enough to Jack (both his older brothers played in the game) that he made the trip to North Central and support his teammate and coach who were part of the North squad.   

Overall it was a very competitive game.  The kicking was outstanding and the best combined I've witnessed at the game since I've been attending/watching starting in 2006.

• Like 4