Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southern Indiana teams in 7 on 7

17 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Have not been hearing much about SIAC, Big 8 or PAC teams participating in 7 on 7  tourneys this summer. Any been going on?

Gibson southern lost in the semis of a Indy tournament a few weeks back. Lost to Lawrence north by 1 possession I think who ended up either beating Warren Central or lost in a close battle the next round in the championship.

They also went to St. Louis for some 7on7 work where scores weren’t kept. I’ve heard they had a good time and got better and that’s all that matters.

This past week GS was in Springdale Arkansas for a Southwest elite 7on7. Didn’t find as much success in terms of Ws but they won a handful of games...the biggest take away from this is they played very talented schools who have very talented players.

GS also had an 11 on 11 scrimmage vs mt Carmel and castle I think.

I think this is pretty routine by now though. GS has been doing these kinda of things for the better part of this decade under Hart.

I think there is a Brownsburg team camp soon and maybe the National Select 7on7 in Alabama? 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

Not sure if it was 11 on 11 or 7 on 7 but Heritage Hills,  Boonville and Corydon Central had a 3-way scrimmage at the Jungle this past Thursday. 

Not sure how it went I didn't attend after working  8 hours in a factory my butt was sitting In the AC by the time the scrimmage started at 6:00 PM.