Sign in to follow this  
GB4

2017 Indianapolis Colts

I get this bad feeling that Tolzien will start this week. I don't think Pagano will be fired in season. They should have kept him "Tied at the hip" with Grigson.

GB 

This was a good game. I was able to attend for the time ever, so I was thrilled when it went to OT. The game definitely turned after the poor roughing the passer call, or whatever that was. A section over from me there was a small Cardinals fan woman who kept high pitch yelling at every play, while a few rows down there was a Cardinals fan who kept throwing up white supremacists hand gestures and had the classic white supremacist haircut. I was hoping that the Colts would win in OT just to spite those two.

Typical Colts loss.  Get beaten in a blowout or can't hold a lead.  Next up:  a loss to the stinkin' Browns.  The Colts will end the season as the worst team in the league.

Luck sits again this week 

I will say, Lucas oil is very nice, though inside on the game field, we did not play well, but the stadium is nice 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Luck sits again this week 

I will say, Lucas oil is very nice, though inside on the game field, we did not play well, but the stadium is nice 

Lucas Oil is like owning a nice mansion.  However, the Colts are like furnishing it with crap from K Mart.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Lucas Oil is like owning a nice mansion.  However, the Colts are like furnishing it with crap from K Mart.

Probably the best description of the Colts organization I have heard...LOL

22 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/09/18/indianapolis-colts-have-enough-losers-need-more-winners/678036001/

DOYEL:   Holds nothing back:   

TY HIlton has blocked Doyel on Twitter

Drama is full on mode 

A sign of a younger team - no one to tell them to keep their mouths shut and keep this crap in da house!  There will be more of this stuff in the future.

I literally hate listening to Pagano talk. I can't wait until he is gone.

GB 

Brissett had a VERY good game against the Browns.  Glad to see the Colts FINALLY taking a few shots downfield.  Hilton had a monster first half.  Hated the second half play calling as they were trying NOT to lose the game instead of playing football and then almost lost it anyway.  That OT loss to Arizona didn't teach them ANYTHING!  I hope they can revel in the only win they'll get this season.  The latest power rankings have them at 30th.  Another "Luck" rumor says he might practice this week.  I've said this once and I'll say it again, "I don't see Luck playing at ALL this season.  They will keep up with this charade every week until around the 7th or 8th week and then announce at some news breaking press conference that Luck will not play this year.  Book it.

They have been very wishy washy on what has been going on, but they have been adamant that Luck will play at some point this season. Personally, I believe them. It probably doesn't mean anything, but, Luck also seemed in much better spirits on the sideline this week.

GB

Curious, do you Colts fans want Luck to play this year?

Here's why I ask, a point brought up by Colin Cowherd. If Luck comes back you are looking at another average season, probably don't win the division at the point that he gets back but win enough games to where you are out of the top 3-4 draft picks. With next year's draft class looking to be the strongest QB class in decades would you rather not take a full season for Luck to get healthy, get rid of Pagano and bring in an offensive minded coach, and have a top 3 draft pick that you could trade for at least a half dozen other picks over the next couple years? And you will also have plenty of time to see what Brissett can really do; I like the guy, but I think the longer he plays and the more film other teams see of him his production will go down. If it doesn't then you have another asset, if it does then maybe you just know you have a solid back-up who is a good change of pace and playing style to Luck.

If I were Ballard/Irsay I would do exactly what IIWII predicted above. Keep saying that he is getting close, and then around mid season or a little after come out and say that he isn't fully up to speed and you don't want to throw him in there and risk the next decade.

Edited by FishDuck

1 minute ago, FishDuck said:

Here's why I ask, a point brought up by Colin Cowherd. If Luck comes back you are looking at another average season, probably don't win the division at the point that he gets back but win enough games to where you are out of the top 3-4 draft picks. With next year's draft class looking to be the strongest QB class in decades would you rather not take a full season for Luck to get healthy, get rid of Pagano and bring in an offensive minded coach, and have a top 3 draft pick that you could trade for at least a half dozen other picks over the next couple years? And you will also have plenty of time to see what Brissett can really do; I like the guy, but I think the longer he plays and the more film other teams see of him his production will go down. If it doesn't then you have another asset, if it does then maybe you just know you have a solid back-up who is a good change of pace and playing style to Luck.

Good observation. Because the most valuable thing you can possibly have in the NFL is a top draft choice in a QB heavy draft ... and not need a QB. It's worth a king's ransom.

25 minutes ago, bobref said:

Good observation. Because the most valuable thing you can possibly have in the NFL is a top draft choice in a QB heavy draft ... and not need a QB. It's worth a king's ransom.

Absolutely; just look at what RG3 was worth in trade value. Darnold and Rosen will bring even more

2 hours ago, FishDuck said:

If I were Ballard/Irsay I would do exactly what IIWII predicted above. Keep saying that he is getting close, and then around mid season or a little after come out and say that he isn't fully up to speed and you don't want to throw him in there and risk the next decade.

I think that is a very reasonable question.  I recall Ballard saying he wants to go young and build through the draft.  The thing about Luck smells of something that is being covered up.  As you have mentioned, if the Colts don't do well this season theycould get quite a few extra picks if they get a top 5 pick next season and then trade it.  The biggest part of that scenario is the getting rid of Pagano part.  It's obvious that the Colts NEED a coach that is offensive minded, but does the people who make the decisions know that?  The defensive minded coach experiment has pretty much been a failure.  Since Arians left, the offense just hasn't been there.  Dare I say ANYTHING about the defense?  Okay one thing:  Dumpster fire!  I am in agreement with you about Brissett.  I really like him a lot.  And add a small counter point:  the more he plays, the more he learns.  I like him because he started after being on the Colts roster only 2 weeks.  The longer he is in the starting role, the more the playbook opens up for him.  I think he will have a good career in the NFL.  He may not always be a starter, but he will have value to some team, somewhere.  His physical skills are very good.

8 hours ago, FishDuck said:

So to go back to my question, do you think this is the right move?

If he is 100% healthy, to me, you play him.

GB 

When can you point to the demise of the Colts?   

Firing Jim Caldwell 

The 2011 season, however, saw the Colts sink to 2–14. Star quarterback Peyton Manning missed the entire season due to neck problems, and without him the Colts appeared to be a rudderless team. Caldwell was fired after the season.

Baltimore Ravens[edit]

Thirteen days after his dismissal from the Colts, Caldwell was named quarterbacks coach by the Baltimore Ravens on January 30, 2012.[5] On December 10, 2012, the Ravens dismissed Cam Cameron and named Caldwell the offensive coordinator.[6] On the day following the defeat of the New England Patriots in the AFC championship game, head coach John Harbaugh announced on January 22, 2013 that Caldwell would be the team's permanent offensive coordinator going into the 2013 season.[7] On February 3, 2013, Jim Caldwell helped lead the Baltimore offense to a 34–31 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII at the Superdome.[8]

Detroit Lions[edit]

On January 14, 2014, the Detroit Lions announced Caldwell as their new head coach.[9] He is the first African American to hold the position for the Lions.[10]

In his first season as the Lions head coach, the team finished 11–5 and clinched a wild card berth, a game the Lions lost to the Dallas Cowboys, 24–20. In the next season, however, they posted a losing record of 7–9, but overcame an 0–5 start. In his third season in Detroit, the Lions improved to a 9–7 record and lost to the Packers in Week 17 in a game where the winner would win the NFC North. The Lions clinched another wild card berth, but lost the game to the Seattle Seahawks, 6–26.

The Colts have been outscored 85-22 in the 4th quarter this season. I don't even understand how that is possible.

GB