Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GB4

2017 Indianapolis Colts

More worrisome to Colts fans than finding a head coach should be Andrew Luck's health.  According to reports he still isn't throwing footballs.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

More worrisome to Colts fans than finding a head coach should be Andrew Luck's health.  According to reports he still isn't throwing footballs.

Yeah, I'd be real worried.  It's six months on a throwing program for a pitcher after the four to six months of healing time.  And realistic time is 18 months to get back to previous form if there's no set backs.  My guess is from the time it's taken, he's either had decompression surgery which is why it's taken so long to recover, or he didn't and now the pain is caused because the healing tissue doesn't have room to expand and that's the "procedure" they keep talking about, he might need.  It's a coin toss for pitchers to recover from.  Far lower percentage of success then UCL reconstruction, which has become production line type procedure.  

All in all, I'd have rather had Tommy John.  Shoulder still hurts 25 years later.  I will say, football throwing was a big part of my rehab and could throw a football much harder than I could a baseball, sooner in the process.  Arm speed was very hard to get back without pain.  Strength wasn't really an issue.

Just listened to the Chris Ballard news conference in its entirety.  Lots of old cliches and a bit of new pontification.  Ballard spent a lot of time stroking his owner.  The entire Colts organization seems to be operating at the JV level.  Not impressed

Colts agree to 5 year deal with Frank Reich. I hope he signed that before it was announced. As for the hire, eh.

GB 

1 hour ago, GB4 said:

Colts agree to 5 year deal with Frank Reich. I hope he signed that before it was announced. As for the hire, eh.

GB 

He’s basically Doug Pedersen. And that worked out pretty well.

21 minutes ago, bobref said:

I hope so. It has been a whirlwind week. I would have felt this way with whomever they would have hired, to be honest.

GB

6 hours ago, bobref said:

Good comparison.  Back up QBs tend to be the "brainy" type.  This may be the new model for the next era of head coaches in the league.