Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indiana State Police issued 43 tickets in 3 hours on I-465 and I-70.

Muda69

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2019/07/16/indiana-state-police-ghost-truck-issue-tickets-traffic-violations/1744246001/

Along Indianapolis' west side interstates Tuesday morning, an extra set of eyes — looking down from the passenger seat of an 18-wheeler — watched over drivers.

Sitting discreetly in the red "ghost truck's" cab was Indiana State Police Lt. Tyler Utterback. With a radar and cameras, and a radio in-hand, Utterback relayed what he saw: cars cutting off semitrucks, lane changes without signals, drivers following too close to those in front of them and numerous speeders, some going more than 30 mph over the limit.

In seconds, one of a dozen state troopers listening nearby swooped in to initiate a traffic stop. More than 30 "violators," as Utterback called them, were pulled over by state police. Forty-three tickets, and an additional 40 warnings, were issued to drivers.

All in just 3 hours.

The special patrol along I-70 and I-465 West was a test for state police, Sgt. John Perrine said, and an effort to crack down on aggressive or distracted drivers. Cutting  the frequency of cars cutting off semi trucks, too, was a goal for the troopers.

Probably also made a decent chunk of change for Marion county government coffers.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2019/07/16/indiana-state-police-ghost-truck-issue-tickets-traffic-violations/1744246001/

Probably also made a decent chunk of change for Marion county government coffers.

Local police here ran a similar scam with one riding school a school bus. Initially  the idea was to go after bus stop violators, it of course spread to seat belts, texting, etc.

Have zero problems with this.  Travel 35K per year on local roads and interstates.  People nowadays do everything in their vehicle except drive it.   We have OTR truckers in our business several times a week.  95% of them I am sure are observant safe drivers.  There have been several drivers that I question how in the *&^% did they ever get a CDL and are in command of a 80,000 pound vehicle.  

44 minutes ago, raiderx2 said:

Have zero problems with this.  Travel 35K per year on local roads and interstates.  People nowadays do everything in their vehicle except drive it.   We have OTR truckers in our business several times a week.  95% of them I am sure are observant safe drivers.  There have been several drivers that I question how in the *&^% did they ever get a CDL and are in command of a 80,000 pound vehicle.  

We worked on the security office at Morgan Foods a few years back. I would have to check in at a temp trailer to get my visitor pass to be on-site. I was somewhat shocked at the number of truck drivers I encountered who:

A: Spoke little or no English

B: I know people who've gone thru the CDL class and have heard stories about how difficult it is, there is NO WAY most of those guys passed the same test. 

😄 It literally scared me to think I'm on the same road as these people and they're driving a massive 80K pound vehicle. 

People in general aside from being distracted are inconsiderate as hell on the road. Put your phone down, pay attention to what's going on around you. And for the love of god, if you're not passing GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!

• Like 2