Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Nathan Aker Hired as Next Monrovia High School Football Coach

https://monroviasports.com/2019/07/17/press-release-monrovia-hs-hires-new-head-football-coach-nathan-aker/

Monrovia High School is pleased to announce the hiring of Coach Nathan Aker as the school’s new head football coach. 

Aker, 35, comes to Monrovia High School from South Putnam H.S., where he has coached for 12 seasons, the last 5 seasons as head coach for the Eagles. At South Putnam, Aker’s teams played in three sectional championship games, including winning one sectional title and one conference title. He has served as a coach in the Wabash Valley All-Star game 4 times. Aker has been a coach and teacher for twelve 12 years, and also served as assistant coach for one season at Cloverdale. Aker is a graduate and former football player at both South Putnam HS & Franklin College.

He will be teaching PE/Health at Monrovia HS.  Nathan and his wife Annie are looking forward to being an active members in the Monrovia Bulldogs community as he will begin his coaching duties this week.

“With the difficult time frame, we feel very fortunate to get a coach and leader the caliber Nathan Aker. He’s a good man of high character and a successful coaching and teaching background. We feel like Coach Aker is the best fit to lead our football program into the future.” – (Todd Evers, Athletic Director, Monrovia H.S.)

“My wife and I are very excited to join the growing Monrovia community. We need to thank Dr. Freeman and the school board for the opportunity to lead the Bulldogs. The collective vision and growth mentality of the school corporation is what has drawn us to serve this community. I would like to thank the South Putnam community and our past players, coaches, and teammates  for the the commitment, friends, and memories over the past several years. I look forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting to work. Go Bulldogs!” – Nathan Aker, Head Football Coach, Monrovia H.S.)

“We’re going to be well conditioned, physical, we’re going to show class. We’re going to be playing our best football by sectionals. I can’t wait to meet our players and coaches.”  – Nathan Aker, Head Football Coach, Monrovia H.S.)
  • Like 2