Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LuersLurker

Luers to remain in 3A?

Recommended Posts

I read on a tweet that the new ISHAA success factor rules have resulted in Luers remaining in 3A.  can someone confirm this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luers was moved down from 3A to 2A due to enrollment.  The current IHSAA sectional assignments still have Luers in 2A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

When 3A south realizes the may still have to face Chatard

1CF14F90-1165-487C-9901-09DED640F45C.gif

Yep! Unless you were Memorial until being bumped to 4A. They’ve made a habit out of beating Chatard. At least  sectional 32 has a clearer path. 😜

Edited by Screagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard about this at the All Star Game,  Luers earned points 2 years ago winning sectional and then last year winning Regional before losing to West Lafayette at Semi State 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like the IHSAA is in good hands as far as management.  🙂    Now, are there any other teams that went down that need to go back up?  

Edited by Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Robert said:

Looks like the IHSAA is in good hands as far as management.  🙂    Now, are there any other teams that went down that need to go back up?  

Runngun sleeping easier.  🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

When 3A south realizes the may still have to face Chatard

1CF14F90-1165-487C-9901-09DED640F45C.gif

It’s all good kids!

Chatard will stay north because the smallest 3a that will bump to 2a is in the north. So Luers would take their spot.  It’s just a swap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tippecanoe Valley is the lowest 3A team & they are in Sectional 26. 

5F144AC0-E004-44CB-B9E7-F4DE2BFEF9ED.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the sectionals in 3, 2, and 1A are all 8 team sectionals so there is no place for Tippy Valley to go.  So, the largest 3A may have to up to 4A where there is an opening in the South (I think).  Or maybe in 4A will bump up to 5A etc.  Interesting problem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

FYI, when this happened in 5A, nobody got bumped to 4A.

5A was planned that way. 1A through 4A are maxed out at 64 teams each. So the bumping is necessary. 6A is set at 32, and will not change. 5A started at 32 as well, but the intent was to have additional teams added once the smaller classes were set. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Irishman said:

5A was planned that way. 1A through 4A are maxed out at 64 teams each. So the bumping is necessary. 6A is set at 32, and will not change. 5A started at 32 as well, but the intent was to have additional teams added once the smaller classes were set. 

Yep, looks like 3A has 64 teams, so a bump should be coming.  However, with the IHSAA, anything is possible!

Edited by CaptainHook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First I will reiterate - this whole Punish Success Factor business is a convoluted mess.

Second - Did I miss something?  I thought the whole point of the "keep up" part of the Punishment Factor was only applied to schools who had been bumped up previously.  I didn't think it applied to ALL schools. I could be wrong and misunderstand. 

But FW Luers and Snider ARE NOT in the same position.  FW Luers was 3A by enrollment (601 in 15-17, and 617 in 17-19)  which put them in the middle of class.  Now their enrollment is 542.  They are 2A by size.

Snider was 5A by enrollment in 15-17, Bumped up to 6A in 17-19, and then Kept up in 6A by success. 

Bishops Luers' drop is a bona fide enrollment issue.  Look at those class sizes on the left hand side of the graphic @Titan32 posted.  Replacing a senior class of 193 with a freshman class of 129?  Darn right that would affect your enrollment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

First I will reiterate - this whole Punish Success Factor business is a convoluted mess.

Second - Did I miss something?  I thought the whole point of the "keep up" part of the Punishment Factor was only applied to schools who had been bumped up previously.  I didn't think it applied to ALL schools. I could be wrong and misunderstand. 

But FW Luers and Snider ARE NOT in the same position.  FW Luers was 3A by enrollment (601 in 15-17, and 617 in 17-19)  which put them in the middle of class.  Now their enrollment is 542.  They are 2A by size.

Snider was 5A by enrollment in 15-17, Bumped up to 6A in 17-19, and then Kept up in 6A by success. 

Bishops Luers' drop is a bona fide enrollment issue.  Look at those class sizes on the left hand side of the graphic @Titan32 posted.  Replacing a senior class of 193 with a freshman class of 129?  Darn right that would affect your enrollment.

Is there something going on in FW that isn’t being said?  I believe I read a thread on here about a few athletes transferring out to other FW schools.

does anyone have inside knowledge about the situation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So so ridiculous. Screw the success rule and stop he madness. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Did I miss something?  I thought the whole point of the "keep up" part of the Punishment Factor was only applied to schools who had been bumped up previously.  I didn't think it applied to ALL schools. I could be wrong and misunderstand. 

But FW Luers and Snider ARE NOT in the same position.  FW Luers was 3A by enrollment (601 in 15-17, and 617 in 17-19)  which put them in the middle of class.  Now their enrollment is 542.  They are 2A by size.

Snider was 5A by enrollment in 15-17, Bumped up to 6A in 17-19, and then Kept up in 6A by success. 

Bishops Luers' drop is a bona fide enrollment issue.  Look at those class sizes on the left hand side of the graphic @Titan32 posted.  Replacing a senior class of 193 with a freshman class of 129?  Darn right that would affect your enrollment.

I will bet you ONE MILLION DOLLARS that Blitz's tweet from the Luers coach are wrong. The 2-Point Minimum Success Factor rule ONLY applies to programs that are CURRENTLY BUMPED UP TO A HIGHER CLASS AFTER EARNING 6+ POINTS IN THE PREVIOUS CYCLE.

Luers won the 2A State title in 2011 & 2012. That bumped them up to 3A for the 2013-14 cycle. They earned only 2 Points in 13-14 & would have fallen back into 2A except their enrollment had jumped up into the 3A level. So they stayed in 3A due to enrollment for 2015-16 (0 points) & 2017-18 (3 points). For the 2019-20 cycle, they will be in 2A due to enrollment.

Even though Luers earned 3 points in the previous cycle, they can & will drop to 2A because they were in 3A due to enrollment, not due to the Success Factor.

I repeat-- For the 2019-20 cycle, FW Luers will be in 2A due to enrollment.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

So so ridiculous. Screw the success rule and stop he madness. 

IHSAA did the right thing by also implementing the rule change for the fall sports.

If the Luers Coach is too dim to understand the rule, he & his AD should call the IHSAA so they can explain it to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...