Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC 2019

I know its early, but What are your thoughts on the CIC this year? Are Eastbrook and Ole Miss still the cream of the crop, or does Blackford take a step up this year? Has MG's numbers increased with a new coach? and what schemes on O and D for them? Who are the players for each team to watch? How long will the conference stay intact with MG dropping to 1A and Ole MIss at 4A?  Can't wait for the season to start! Feel free to share about your CIC team.

Eastbrook and Ole Miss will be the teams to beat, Blackford wont be to far behind. I think Ole Miss edges Eastbrook by a little, Campbell boys are VERY good. Eastbrook losses a lot of starters from last season. Guys that have been starting since there sophomore year. Its going to be tough replacing guys like Kirby, Dalton, and Hale but Adamson and his staff always seem to find a way to do it. Bragg had a very good game a state last year so it will be fun to see what he can do this year.  

• Like 1

Eastbrook seems to be able to rebuild every year and shouldn't be counted out of leading the CIC.  Mississinewa has some holes to fill after the loss of Skeens.  They have a good solid running game and the line is large.  I think there are 13 or 14 Seniors this year so they should be the team to beat because of being the 4A school in the CIC.  Blackford is going to be right behind Ole Miss and Eastbrook.  Coach Sehy has the Bruins believing in his system and have made huge improvements in a very short time.  MG numbers are still questionable and being a 1A school numbers will be an issue.  MG will have a very tough regular season and may have a shot at a very good postseason.  Elwood and Frankton well these two still have some work. Seems like Elwood can't keep a coach more than a couple of years.  Frankton is still waiting to run the Statue of Liberty a lot.  Alexandria could be the team that challenges Blackford for the 3rd spot in the conference.  Oak Hill may be the spoiler this year but they are also rebuilding still.  Should be a good season and could this be the year that the CIC has 4 teams go past Sectional?  

• Like 1

I concur, Eastbrook and Mississinewa are still 1A and 1B in the CIC for 2019.  This year I'll give the edge to Mississinewa to win the conference simply because the Panthers lost so many pieces from the 2A state runner-up team.  Then Blackford sits at 3rd and they might even surprise Eastbrook for the 2nd spot this season when the smoke has cleared.  Everyone else in the 4-7 spots (Frankton, Alexandria, OH, MG, Elwood) you can almost mix and match on your preseason prediction of where they'll finish and none of them have a legit shot at winning a sectional.  Out of the 4-7 group, I'd give OH the best chance at making it to a sectional final game, the 3A sectional 27 slot that the Golden Eagles are moving into only has one team that finished above .500 last season.  With MG moving down to 1A, I agree with ED78, this conference will more than likely see some changes in the next couple of years, at least in football.  There's just not much to gain for either 1A MG or 4A Ole Miss when they play each other these days.  I can see where over the next decade Blackford, OH, Eastbrook and Ole Miss could all win the CIC in football, but the gap between these 4 programs with their size and tradition vs. the other 4 teams is widening each season.  I was excited for MG moving to 1A until I saw their new sectional alignment, with South Adams and Monroe Central in their sectional they'll be hard-pressed to make a post-season run anytime soon.  Sectional 36 has to be the toughest 2A sectional in the state now with Eastbrook, Tipton, Blackford and Lapel in it.  Yikes! 

Frankton is moving to a variation of the Wing T offense this season, if they win 4 games this year it'll be a successful campaign, I hope they win 5 or more.  Go Eagles!!!!!

Been out of the loop for awhile. But I agree with franktonite, MG getting aligned with south adams and Monroe central is a tall task, at least this year. I do hear some good things about the direction they are going, but the proof is in the pudding. The in coming 7th grade class has had a lot of success it will be fun to see if they continue to develop as they mature physically. I think MG is on the right track with a Alum coach, maybe we can stop the revolving coaching change. To start a PROGRAM you have to take the first step. I think that has happened. The big problem I see is numbers at all levels MG's head coach will nee to plant the seed at the lowest level and have a hands on approach through their high school years. Still bleed that MG black and Gold. GO MG