Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The New Normal, round 2

Muda69

4 hours ago, gonzoron said:

FTFY

That's right, I forgot, you still believe there can't be a black racist......What about Jimmy Kimmel and his blackface moment mocking black athletes? 

FWIW - SF Stands behind his original post answering your "all racists are conservative" rant with pictures of persons I can point at direct racist incidents that were largely ignored............

4 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

And you wonder why no one takes you serious.

The truth is the truth, regardless of how “serious” it’s taken. It’s also apparently a really sore point with all the Torres here, which means there’s a nugget of truth to it.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, swordfish said:

What about Jimmy Kimmel and his blackface moment mocking black athletes? 

Haven't heard about it, but I don't condone any use of blackface by a white person.

32 minutes ago, swordfish said:

SF Stands behind his original post answering your "all racists are conservative" rant

HUH? I've never said that, ever.

32 minutes ago, swordfish said:

pictures of persons I can point at direct racist incidents that were largely ignored

Yes, I fixed that for you. Please learn the difference between discrimination and racism, then maybe we can talk.

These discussions always go nowhere because there are no defined terms. It reminds me of when one of my kids did something stupid and I said, "That was a stupid thing to do," and he'd cry to his mother, "Dad just called me stupid."

I don't know Congressman Meadows personally, so I have no idea if in his heart he is the reincarnation of Simon Legree, or if he actually is Mr. Kumbaya-can't-we-all-just-get-along?, as his (black) colleague Congressman Lewis suggested.

So I can't say if he is a racist. But I can very easily say that using a black woman as a (literal) stage prop for a "I can't be racist -- I have black friends!" by-proxy defense of the President was one of the most ludicrously clueless racists acts I've seen in awhile. It reminded me of Trump and his, "See, I love Mexicans! I am eating a taco salad!" moment of a few years ago. 

On the other hand, I feel very comfortable saying, even without knowing him personally, that Louis Farrakhan is a racist. He has repeatedly expressed belief in pseudo-religious notions  that white people, especially Jewish white people, are half-human, half-animal beings who are racially inferior to Africans. 

But I'd agree with Gonzo that, in the USA, neither Farrakhan nor any other black person  has the power to "inflict" racism on white people, so it is sort of a meaningless, "tree falling in the woods with no one around" debate as to whether there can be "black racism" in this country. 

• Thanks 1

But I'd agree with Gonzo that, in the USA, neither Farrakhan nor any other black person  has the power to "inflict" racism on white people, so it is sort of a meaningless, "tree falling in the woods with no one around" debate as to whether there can be "black racism" in this country. 

https://100percentfedup.com/racist-msnbc-guest-claims-whites-dont-get-a-vote-on-whats-racist/

FTA - White people don’t get a vote! My people have been held in bondage and oppression in the New World for 400 years! My own counsel, will I keep on who is to be called “racist,” all right? So when these people — when these white Republicans try to tell me, and “Bagger Vance” standing behind her —  when these people try to tell me who is racist and who is not racist, they need to understand that I do not care! 

But he is black, so he can't be racist.......SF is pretty sure this was not the America that MLK Jr. was envisioning.......

Edited by swordfish
  • Kill me now 1

This victimhood stuff by you is a hoot.

The impact any actual black racist attitudes toward whites have on your life is nil, zip, zilch. The effect that our society's ingrained, systemic racism and the unconscious biases of white Americans have on the daily lives of a huge percentage of blacks and other people of color in this nation is huge.

The mania for drawing false equivalencies and "narrowing down" the definition of racist/racism to encompass only individuals consciously expressing racial animus toward others is an obvious ploy to avoid the responsibility that all of us, but in particular all of us white people, have to "own" this problem and deal with it. Finally. After 300+ years. 

• Thanks 3

And let me stop you before you feel the need to say it: you don't see color, you don't have any unconscious biases, so you don't have any responsibility to deal with the problem. Great, I feel wonderful for you. Bit until our country reaches that MLK Promised Land you havr personally already entered, your "not seeing color" really just means you are turning a blind eye to the suffering of your fellow human beings.

I may not have personally taken food off anyonr else's plate, but I still have a moral responsibility to help feed the hungry. 

40 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So if everybody of one racial class stop discriminating against those belonging to another racial class does that mean no more racism?

No.  Racism and discrimination aren't the same thing ... as pointed out earlier by @gonzoron and expanded on in @Wabash82's posts.  Blacks could stop discriminating against Whites, but racism would still exist as Whites have the leverage of court systems, business structures, etc. to still have racism continue in application.  Even if Whites stopped discriminating against Blacks, there could also still be racism if infrastructure remains in place and unchallenged even if people aren't discriminating anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

So if everybody of one racial class stop discriminating against those belonging to another racial class does that mean no more racism?

Yes, provided that what you mean by "stop discriminating" includes (i) reforming institutions where discrimination is built into the system, and (ii) folks of all hues -- but most importantly for this country, folks of the white hue -- taking intentional action to try to make themselves aware of any (currently) unconscious racial biases they have, so as to not act upon them irrationally. 

51 minutes ago, Wabash82 said:

Yes, provided that what you mean by "stop discriminating" includes (i) reforming institutions where discrimination is built into the system, and (ii) folks of all hues -- but most importantly for this country, folks of the white hue -- taking intentional action to try to make themselves aware of any (currently) unconscious racial biases they have, so as to not act upon them irrationally. 

Yes, that is what I mean.   So only members of a country's racial majority can be labeled "racists"?

15 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Not necessarily 

Examples please.  Have members of country's racial minority instituted governmental levels of discrimination against a smaller racial minority in that same country?

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Examples please.  Have members of country's racial minority instituted governmental levels of discrimination against a smaller racial minority in that same country?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I know at least one country's racial minority had instituted levels of discrimination against the racial majority in the country. Because they had the power and the privilege. And I guess we should add prejudice.

Edited by gonzoron

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I know at least one country's racial minority had instituted levels of discrimination against the racial majority in the country. Because they had the power and the privilege. And I guess we should add prejudice.

Can you name the country please?

As for what I am getting at, let me put forward a hypothetical.   Let's say a city's government is effectively run by a country's racial minority, call if "minority X" .  That city government enacts multiple legislation to ban a smaller racial minority, call it "minority Y", from entering movie theaters, restaurants, libraries, and public restrooms in that city. It also bans members of minority Y from being employees of that city.  Is this an act of racism by minority X towards minority Y?

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

South Africa, India, Vietnam, Phillipines, Hawaii to name a few.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Have members of country's racial minority instituted governmental levels of discrimination against a smaller racial minority in that same country?

I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

As for what I am getting at, let me put forward a hypothetical.   Let's say a city's government is effectively run by a country's racial minority, call if "minority X" .  That city government enacts multiple legislation to ban a smaller racial minority, call it "minority Y", from entering movie theaters, restaurants, libraries, and public restrooms in that city. It also bans members of minority Y from being employees of that city.  Is this an act of racism by minority X towards minority Y?

South Africa, India, and Hong Kong come to mind pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, raiderx2 said:

At least twice per month I am autosexual, I guess.  

One of the "perks" of marriage. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

800px-Colonial_Africa_1913_map_svg.png.7a00e26ef65a6d132be7a3c812ebaf06.png

Pretty much this entire map for much of the 19th and 20th centuries.

Yellow=Belgium Peach=England  Blue=France Foam Green = Germany  Light Green = Italian  Purple = Portugal  Mauve = Spain

• Like 2