Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The New Normal, round 2

Muda69

Since I just happened to be born as a Caucasian male in the United States of America, where should I send the reparations checks for all the injustices my American ancestors supposedly inflicted on every racial/ethnic minority ever to live in the USA?  And while were at it I guess all the racial/ethnic minorities in Europe as well, after all I'm sure my ancestors there inflicted untold injustices on the racial/ethnic minorities of England, Scotland, Germany, and Poland.

I need to atone for my guilt.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

According to Mr. Granderson I have accumulated oodles of "generational wealth" just by the virtue of having to have been born Caucasian during the 1960's in the United States of America.  Therefore he and others are entitled to a certain amount of that wealth:  https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/05/opinions/reparations-democratic-candidates-2020-granderson/index.html

Let me be clear: I believe generational wealth accumulated by white people over centuries of systemic racism is directly connected to a significant number of obstacles impeding economic progress for African-Americans, and moral progress for the country.

• Disdain 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

According to Mr. Granderson I have accumulated oodles of "generational wealth" just by the virtue of having to have been born Caucasian during the 1960's in the United States of America.  Therefore he and others are entitled to a certain amount of that wealth:  https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/05/opinions/reparations-democratic-candidates-2020-granderson/index.html

They don't want your money. They just want to hear you whine about how tough it is for an old white man with a government education.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, gonzoron said:

They don't want your money. They just want to hear you whine about how tough it is for an old white man with a government education.

Where have I said it was tough?  And Mr. Granderson and others supporting reparations have made it very clear that they want my money, and the money of other Caucasian Americans.

• Disdain 1

https://www.wgrz.com/article/life/family/ive-always-wanted-to-be-a-father-san-antonio-transgender-man-gives-birth/71-599378114

Stephan Gaeth and Wyley Simpson say they met online and their relationship quickly grew.

"His happiness, his love and care and respect and acceptance," Simpson said of the qualities that drew him to Gaeth.

"Wyley's honesty and kindness, overwhelmingly kind and amazing," Gaeth said of Wyley.

Still, they didn't expect a family to come so quickly. Wyley Simpson was taking testosterone while transitioning and hadn't had a menstrual cycle in years when he met Gaeth. But when a week of feeling nauseous turned to full blown morning sickness, he says he learned something he never expected.

"There's no way possible, but I guess I could be. And of course, after four pregnancy tests, they were all positive," Simpson said.

Simpson searched inside himself to decide whether pregnancy was something he wanted.

"For me, personally, especially being on testosterone for six years, I would have to stop treatment if I wanted to continue the pregnancy," Simpson explained. "So that was my main scare, especially after being on it for so long. How it would affect me mentally, that was my main concern."

But his dreams of being a parent and his relationship with Gaeth were strong.

"I've always wanted to be a father. And even though it happened this way and wasn't planned, I was like, ‘let's do it,’" Simpson said.

Gaeth says that he hadn't planned to be a parent so soon but did everything he could to prepare.

"At first, I was very unsure. And I just, it felt right, and it felt better as we talked about it," Gaeth said. "We did a lot of talking, a lot of preparing. We went to prenatal yoga together, we watched a lot of videos online, and figured out our birth plan together."

The couple says that Rowan Fox is an easygoing baby who likes to eat a lot. They've looked to other parents as they start the next stage of their journey.

"The amount of support has been tremendous," Gaeth said. "That has helped me have confidence in parenthood, [and learn to] rely on help when needed."

Now, in their tiny home, with their tiny bundle of joy, the vet tech and dancer plan to visit family then travel the country, still not knowing exactly what's next, but excited for every minute of it.

"There's no way possible" - a male and female?  Think again cupcake, gender identification doesn't trump biology........"How it would affect me mentally?"  I think that bridge should have been crossed six years ago.....or at least before having heterosexual sex.......

Man Inadvertently Proves That Hipsters Look Alike By Mistaking Photo As Himself: https://www.npr.org/2019/03/10/702063209/man-inadvertently-proves-that-hipsters-look-alike-by-mistaking-photo-as-himself

It's a running joke that male hipsters all look alike with their flannel shirts, thick beards and other seemingly off-brand attributes. But a comical incident in the MIT Technology Review might just prove that they all really do look alike.

The publication recently published an article on a study out of Brandeis University about the "hipster effect," which studied how nonconformists usually act unconventionally in the same way — to end up being exactly the same.

"What the study found essentially was that when a group of people decide to be different, to do something nonconforming, there comes a point when they all end up adopting the same behavior or the same style," Gideon Lichfield, editor-in-chief of MIT Technology Review, told NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro for Weekend Edition.

While the study proves this theory, so does accidentally thinking the edited photo at the top of the story — which featured a man in a plaid shirt with a beanie on — is of yourself.

Right after the article was published, MIT Technology Review promptly received an email from someone who claimed he was the man in the photo and hadn't given his consent. He accused the publication of slandering him and threatened legal action, writing:

"You used a heavily edited Getty image of me for your recent bit of click-bait about why hipsters all look the same. It's a poorly written and insulting article and somewhat ironically about five years too late to be as desperately relevant as it is attempting to be. By using a tired cultural trope to try to spruce up an otherwise disturbing study. Your lack of basic journalistic ethics and both the manner in which you reported this uncredited nonsense and the slanderous unnecessary use of my picture without permission demands a response and I am of course pursuing legal action."

Lichfield and his team quickly checked to see if the model in the photo signed a model release. They contacted Getty Images, which found that the person who signed the model release was not the person who wrote the angry email.

After the misunderstanding was cleared up, the man responded by saying to Getty Images, "Wow, I stand corrected I guess. I and multiple family members, and a childhood friend pointed it out to me, thought it was a mildly photo-shopped picture of me. I even have a very similar hat and shirt, though in full color I can see it's not the same. Thank you for getting back to me and resolving the issue."

Lichfield tweeted this scenario and wrote that the incident "just proves the story we ran: Hipsters look so much alike that they can't even tell themselves apart from each other."

Indiana driver's licenses now have a third gender option: https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2019/03/12/indiana-drivers-licenses-now-have-x-gender-option/3138447002/

Indiana driver's licenses now have a third gender option.

Starting this month, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles has begun issuing driver's licenses and identification cards with a non-binary option, designated by an "X," in addition to "M" for male and "F" for female

According to Susie Guyer, spokeswoman for the BMV, the addition came "in response to constituents requesting a non-binary marker," she said in an email. Applicants must provide proof of a permanent gender change in the form of a certified, amended birth certificate or a signed and dated physician's statement.

• Disdain 1

A Professor Spoke the Truth, He Still Pays the Price: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/03/professor-samuel-abrams-spoke-the-truth-he-still-pays-the-price/

Last October, Sarah Lawrence College professor Samuel Abrams wrote an important and insightful essay in the New York Times. While critics of higher education have often focused on faculty bias — in part because a small subset of professors is prone to say ridiculous things — a larger problem has gone mostly unnoticed. Abrams’s research revealed that college administrators are more uniformly progressive even than college faculties. “Liberal staff members,” he wrote, “outnumber their conservative counterparts by the astonishing ratio of 12-to-one,” making them the “most left-leaning group on campus.”

At the conclusion of his piece, Abrams made an argument that rang true to my more than 20 years of litigation experience — “ideological imbalance, coupled with [administrators’] agenda-setting power, threatens the free and open exchange of ideas.”

This is exactly right. Administrators draft and enforce speech codes. Administrators are responsible for creating campus kangaroo courts. Administrators kick Christian student groups off campus, and administrators often take the lead in designing campus programming that features overwhelmingly progressive voices. While conservative media often focus their ire on random radical professors, administrators are busy engaging in the overwhelming majority of campus censorship.

Simply put, Abrams told an important truth. And he’s been punished for it. As our Madeleine Kearns reported last November, his office door was vandalized, students called for him to be punished, anonymous individuals falsely accused him of sexual misconduct, and when Abrams urged the college president, Cristle Judd, to take a strong stand in favor of academic freedom, he said that she “asked whether he thought it was appropriate to write op-eds without her permission and further suggested that his article had been hostile toward his colleagues.”

It turns out that Abrams’s ordeal isn’t over. Yesterday, a group of students calling themselves the “Diaspora Coalition” began a sit-in and issued an extraordinary set of demands, including demands aimed directly at Abrams. The protesters called on the college to “confront how the presence of Sam Abrams . . . affects the safety and wellbeing of marginalized students.” And they wrote this paragraph, which must be seen to be believed:

On October 16, 2018, politics professor Samuel Abrams published an op-ed entitled “Think Professors Are Liberal? Try School Administrators” in The New York Times. The article revealed the anti-Blackness, anti-LGBTQ+, and anti-woman bigotry of Abrams. The article specifically targeted programs such as the Our Liberation Summit, which Abrams did not attend, facilitated by the Office of Diversity and Campus Engagement. The Sarah Lawrence community deserves an administration that strives for an inclusive education that reflects the diversity of our community. Abrams’ derision of the Black Lives Matter, queer liberation, and women’s rights movements displays not only ignorance but outright hostility towards the essential efforts to dismantle white supremacy and other systems of oppression. This threatens the safety and wellbeing of marginalized people within the Sarah Lawrence community by demonstrating that our lives and identities are viewed as “opinions” that we can have a difference in dialogue about, as if we haven’t been forced to debate our very existences for our entire lives. We demand that Samuel Abrams’ position at the College be put up to tenure review to a panel of the Diaspora Coalition and at least three faculty members of color. In addition, the College must issue a statement condemning the harm that Abrams has caused to the college community, specifically queer, Black, and female students, whilst apologizing for its refusal to protect marginalized students wounded by his op-ed and the ignorant dialogue that followed. Abrams must issue a public apology to the broader SLC community and cease to target Black people, queer people, and women. (Emphasis in original.)

Crazed student demands are not new on American campuses. Outrageous mischaracterizations of opposing views are par for the course (really, read Abrams’s essay and see if he’s guilty of any of the charges against him). Yet matters get more alarming when professors and presidents take radicals seriously. Reportedly, the president of the college has already met twice with the protesters, and 25 professors have signed a petition declaring they “stand in solidarity with the student activism happening this week.”

Years ago, when I’d speak about the larger dangers of the campus culture wars, I’d often hear adults dismiss my concerns by confidently stating that these students would “grow up” when they encountered the harsh and unforgiving “real world.” Well, campus radicals have encountered the “real world,” and they’re remaking it in their own oppressive image.

The call-out culture has migrated from campus to corporations, and now everyday Americans live in fear that their words — even words uttered in good faith and with great respect — can cost them their livelihoods. And on campus, dissenters from campus orthodoxy often need not just tenure but a rare kind of personal fortitude, including the ability to withstand repeated calls for their termination, repeated disruptions of their work, and sometimes even outright slander.

Publishing truthful information about ideological imbalances threatens no one’s “safety.” Questioning the priorities of progressive administrators endangers no one’s “wellbeing.” Colleges should not “protect” anyone from New York Times essays. And the fact that even a syllable of this nonsense is taken seriously by professional academics indicates that our culture of free speech is already in decline.

I've read Mr. Abram's essay at the NYT, and don't see where he is guilty of any of the charges the Sarah Lawrences Snowflakes accuse him of.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6858543/Shocking-video-shows-Arizona-police-officers-forcibly-removing-two-year-old-boy-home.html

https://abc7news.com/swat-team-with-guns-drawn-raids-home-for-toddler-with-fever/5220780/

SWAT team with guns drawn raids Arizona home for toddler with fever

Updated an hour ago
CHANDLER, Arizona -- Video shows a SWAT team raiding a home in Arizona with guns drawn looking for a 2-year-old child with a fever. 

The raid came as a result of a fight between the toddler's parents and a doctor over his medical care. 

But now, local lawmakers say it went too far. 

It was a scene that resembled police trying to take down a dangerous fugitive, bust down the door with guns at the ready. But instead of a fugitive, police were looking for a toddler believed to have an extremely high fever. 

State representative Kelly Townsend says she's troubled by the video, and she's played a big role in getting legislation passed requiring Children's Services to get a search warrant before removing children from a home in a non-emergency situation. 

But she says she never thought this would be the result. 

"The doctor chose to use DCS to remove the child, and DCS chose to use the police, and the police chose to use the SWAT team," she said. "That is not the country that I recognize." 

Townsend says it all started back in February, when the parents took the 2-year-old, who isn't vaccinated, to a naturopathic doctor for a fever of about 105. 

The doctor instructed the parents to take the child to the emergency room, but the fever broke after the doctor's visit, so they never went. 

Upon learning that, the doctor called DCS, which then called Chandler police to check on the child. 

The father refused to let police into the home, and later that night, officers came back with a search warrant. 

"At that point, who now owns control over the child?" Townsend said. "And it seems like we've now given that to the doctor, and the parent no longer has a say or they risk the SWAT team taking all of the children and potentially the newborn." 

Townsend says she can see both sides of the story, a concerned doctor and protective parents, but she is questioning how it was done and the amount of force used. 

"We need to admit that in this situation, it was a mistake," she said. "There are other situations where there is neglect, there is abuse, and that is what we need to focus on." 

Townsend said the child actually had an upper respiratory infection and not meningitis like the doctor had feared.

The kid had a fever........And  the parents who chose to avoid vaccinations obviously have no idea what they are doing....... 

12 minutes ago, swordfish said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6858543/Shocking-video-shows-Arizona-police-officers-forcibly-removing-two-year-old-boy-home.html

https://abc7news.com/swat-team-with-guns-drawn-raids-home-for-toddler-with-fever/5220780/

SWAT team with guns drawn raids Arizona home for toddler with fever

Updated an hour ago
CHANDLER, Arizona -- Video shows a SWAT team raiding a home in Arizona with guns drawn looking for a 2-year-old child with a fever. 

The raid came as a result of a fight between the toddler's parents and a doctor over his medical care. 

But now, local lawmakers say it went too far. 

It was a scene that resembled police trying to take down a dangerous fugitive, bust down the door with guns at the ready. But instead of a fugitive, police were looking for a toddler believed to have an extremely high fever. 

State representative Kelly Townsend says she's troubled by the video, and she's played a big role in getting legislation passed requiring Children's Services to get a search warrant before removing children from a home in a non-emergency situation. 

But she says she never thought this would be the result. 

"The doctor chose to use DCS to remove the child, and DCS chose to use the police, and the police chose to use the SWAT team," she said. "That is not the country that I recognize." 

Townsend says it all started back in February, when the parents took the 2-year-old, who isn't vaccinated, to a naturopathic doctor for a fever of about 105. 

The doctor instructed the parents to take the child to the emergency room, but the fever broke after the doctor's visit, so they never went. 

Upon learning that, the doctor called DCS, which then called Chandler police to check on the child. 

The father refused to let police into the home, and later that night, officers came back with a search warrant. 

"At that point, who now owns control over the child?" Townsend said. "And it seems like we've now given that to the doctor, and the parent no longer has a say or they risk the SWAT team taking all of the children and potentially the newborn." 

Townsend says she can see both sides of the story, a concerned doctor and protective parents, but she is questioning how it was done and the amount of force used. 

"We need to admit that in this situation, it was a mistake," she said. "There are other situations where there is neglect, there is abuse, and that is what we need to focus on." 

Townsend said the child actually had an upper respiratory infection and not meningitis like the doctor had feared.

The kid had a fever........And  the parents who chose to avoid vaccinations obviously have no idea what they are doing....... 

Why was SWAT involved with this?

• Disdain 1

54 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Why was SWAT involved with this?

Apparently the SWAT team was dispatched to deal with this level of lunacy by parents who choose not to vaccinate their kids......Because they certainly must be nuts.....

The doctor feared something that turned out to be a glorified sinus infection.......(Something a vaccine wouldn't cover anyway)......

Yep - better send SWAT in....

• Like 1

Cardi B Is A Vile Crook Who Should Be In Prison: https://www.dailywire.com/news/45245/walsh-cardi-b-vile-crook-who-should-be-prison-matt-walsh

The rapper Cardi B, who is rich and famous for reasons that escape my understanding, has recently faced some questions over an Instagram video she recorded three years ago. Usually I'm not a fan of beating people over the head with old comments and social media posts they made years prior, but the equation changes significantly when the post in question is a confession of violent crime.

In the video, Cardi B bragged that she used to lure men from the strip club where she worked back to a hotel, where she would proceed to drug and rob them. She doesn't say how often she engaged in this extracurricular activity, but she certainly seems to have done it more than once. In a barely coherent statement this week, she refused to apologize for the mulptiple felonies she committed, and excused herself by claiming that she had "limited options" and had to rob men in order to "survive."

Many of her fans seem to have bought this line, including a writer for Vox who assures us that the rap star will survive the scandal because she merely commited a "crime of survival" and should not be held accountable to the same degree as Bill Cosby or R. Kelly. I guess I have a different concept of what constitutes survival. Cardi B has recently boasted that she made upwards of $3,000 a night as a stripper. She says she had 20 grand — all in singles — saved by the age of 21 (cc: IRS). Are we supposed to believe that a woman who was raking in thousands a night, and had 20,000 one-dollar bills lying around her apartment, might have had no choice but to commit a series of robberies in order to stave off starvation? That is absurd, of course. She robbed those men purely out of greed. And she's not sorry about it. She'd do it again, it seems, if the rap money dries up.

This confession sheds a new light on the rapper's recent brainstorming session, wherein she suggested that women drug cheating men and trick them into sleeping with transexuals. Given her history of drugging men, and the very specific nature of the suggestion, we have to wonder whether she has tried this method of vengeance herself. It would be just another serious felony to add to the list. And we should note that these are crimes she committed recently. She's only 26 years old. She started stripping when she was 18. We're talking about felonies that date back no further than eight years. If you met Cardi B in 2011 or 2012, she may have tried to knock you unconcious with drugs and steal all of your belongings. Now she's a rich pop star whose done commercials and secured endorsments with brands like Pepsi and Amazon.

If we are going to overlook these sordid biographical details, let's be honest and admit that we're okay with it because she's a woman. The "survival" excuse doesn't wash for a woman who was making more money in one night as a stripper than most people make in a pay period. She was simply a lowlife and a criminal — and she still is the former. Perhaps the latter, too. Who knows? And if she is allowed to continue along in her career unimpeded, it will be solely due to her gender — female privilege of the most extreme and insidious kind.

Sad.

Found this kind of humorous:

Bunch of Gays Went Down to Georgia
—apologies to Charlie Daniels and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"

Bunch of gays went down to Georgia, they were lookin’ for a Chick-Fil-A
They’d got all bent ’cause its President liked marriage the old-fashioned way.
They drove right up to the window, under their collars they were hot
And they said to the girl takin’ orders there, “We don’t like the chicken in your pot.
“Now girlie, you may not know it but we’re a bunch of militants,
“And while we insist on our own liberty, we don’t like Dan Cathy’s stance.
“So we’re gonna have a kiss-in here just to show our contempt for you
“‘Cause nobody nowhere nohow can criticize what gay folks do.”
The girl spoke back right smart at them, and didn’t damn their eyes,
But said, “I think you’ll change your mind when you try our waffle fries.”

Chick-Fil-A, fire up the grill and spread that chicken spice
See if you can make militant gays learn how to act real nice;
Everybody has free speech, that’s how this country’s made
Maybe you’ll sweeten their dispositions with a glass of lemonade.

The gays all piled out of their car and locked in an embrace
A couple guys with tattoos started in to gnaw each other’s face
But no-one paid them any mind, although they acted rude
They practically were trampled by folks looking to buy food.
They writhed and gripped hard as they could, but it was no big deal
'Cause Chick-Fil-A was swamped with people clamoring for a meal

They yelled, “Gimme a spicy sandwich, do
“Gimme a drink, waffle fries too
“Whether you’re for gay marriage or not
“We don’t care for kiss-ins or boycotts.”

The militants were angry ’cause they knew that they’d been beat
They were about to get into their car and drive off in defeat
They knew they’d really lost when one of them came back outside,
Saying, “Hey, guys, you know this sandwich? It’s the best I’ve ever tried.”

They yelled, “Gimme a spicy sandwich, do
“Gimme a drink, waffle fries too
“Whether you’re for gay marriage or not
“We don’t care for kiss-ins or boycotts.”

Teenager hit with 73 counts for “swatting” calls: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/04/teenager-hit-with-73-counts-for-swatting-calls/

An Ohio teen has been charged with 40 felonies and 33 misdemeanors after a multi-state investigation revealed that he had placed dozens of hoax emergency calls in a practice known as "swatting."

The investigation was triggered by an August call to the sheriff's department in Putnam County, New York. A caller claimed he had shot his wife and was holding his son hostage with an AR-15.

Thankfully, that turned out to be a lie. The house was unoccupied, and the police were able to check the story without anyone getting hurt. But the sheriff's department didn't let the issue drop. They began investigating who had placed the call.

"Investigators were able to get information about the phone used to make the fake emergency call," a Putnam County press release states. "They also learned that there were similar incidents in other jurisdictions around the United States."

Working with other law enforcement agencies, they were able to track down a suspect—a 17-year-old living in Mahoning County, Ohio. Prosecutors there charged the teen with 73 counts of delinquency.

Officials haven't released the boy's name or details about the other calls he made. As far as we know, none of the calls led to anyone's death.

Whatever happened to the prank phone calls of my youth, like "Do have Prince Albert in a can?" or "Is your refrigerator running?"

https://www.wndu.com/content/news/Charge-to-be-dropped-against-man-in-WVa-abduction-case-508116391.html?fbclid=IwAR1X5FcrnrmK5PdqtmCozw1MXKab_LxKdvh2lzWyEU9prBIhyVKQ_-K4rqY

BARBOURSVILLE, W.Va. (AP) — A sensational case of an attempted child kidnapping in a West Virginia shopping mall may have been nothing more than a man being friendly to a little girl.

Barboursville police initially said a woman pulled a gun on the man, forcing him to release her 5-year-old daughter. Mohamed Fathy Hussein Zayan was arrested near the Huntington Mall's food court on an attempted abduction charge Monday.

Zayan, 54, an engineer from Alexandria, Egypt, who is in the area for work, was released from jail Tuesday night on a reduced bond. News outlets report he cried as he greeted family members. Police Sgt. Anthony Jividen said a prosecutor will have to decide whether to charge the woman instead.

The woman at first told police Zayan grabbed the girl by the hair and tried to pull her away from inside a clothing store. Jividen said while no witnesses could be found, mall surveillance video showed inconsistencies in the woman's original statement.

Jividen said the woman later told investigators she may have overreacted and misinterpreted the man's intentions. Zayan doesn't speak English and police say he may have simply been patting the girl on the head.

Jividen said the prosecutor also would have to determine whether Zayan would face a potential battery charge because of "the uninvited touching of a child. Even though there was an overreaction by the mother, it was not completely baseless."

A telephone message left with the Cabell County prosecutor wasn't immediately returned Wednesday.

Over-reaction?  Or justified?  I can see both arguments as legitimate here.....

1) Lighten up lady....

2) Never touch a stranger's kid...

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Testosterone being given to 8-y-o girls, age lowered from 13: doctors: https://www.christianpost.com/news/testosterone-being-given-to-8-y-o-girls-age-lowered-from-13-doctors-230571/

Medical doctors and a mom of a trans-identifying child are urging the government to shut down medical operations that are harming children.

Their efforts to resist the medicalization of gender has led them to discover that government-funded research now allows wrong sex hormones such as testosterone to be given to girls as young as 8.

At a Thursday panel at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, Dr. Michael Laidlaw addressed the medical harms of hormonal treatments and surgical interventions being performed on young people who believe they are the opposite sex. Doctors administering these treatments are advocating these harmful practices on increasingly younger children, he explained.

Today, medical scenarios such as girls as young as 13 and 14 undergoing double mastectomies and 17-year-old boys with penises of 9-year-olds, developmentally speaking, because of chemical puberty blockers, are now showing up, Laidlaw, a Rocklin, California-based endocrinologist, explained in his remarks.

Under the nebulous concept of "gender identity," children as young as 8 are receiving injections for gender transition treatment, he explained. The phrase was defined in a recent court case as a person's "core internal sense" of their own gender and that it was the "primary factor" in determining their sex, not biology. This is false, the endocrinologist said.

No blood test, genetic testing, or brain imaging scans can find a "gender identity," Laidlaw said, adding "there is no objective test to diagnose this, yet we are giving very harmful therapies on the basis of no objective diagnosis."

To date, hormone blockers such as Lupron, which is used to treat both prostate cancer patients and children with precocious puberty, has never been through an FDA-approval process for the purpose of blocking normal puberty, and is prescribed off-label. Laidlaw refers to puberty blockers as a form of "chemical conversion therapy" and noted that the largest professional association for endocrinologists, The Endocrine Society, now recommends delaying puberty in gender dysphoric youth at Tanner stage 2, which is soon after the pubertal signals in the brain begin to occur.

The reason that Jazz Jennings, transgender star of the TLC series "I am Jazz," has reportedly never had any sexual sensations or orgasms is because his natural puberty was halted at this stage and was not allowed to occur, the California doctor explained. These puberty-blocking drugs also disrupt normal brain and bone development, putting kids at future risk of osteoporosis, he said.

In England, Oxford professor Michael Biggs discovered through a freedom of information request that at the Tavistock gender clinic, children reported greater self-harm with these particular medications, and girls exhibited greater emotional problems and dissatisfaction with their bodies, Laidlaw noted.

"Now you'd think if you had these side effects of these medications, wouldn't you want to stop?" Laidlaw asked.

During his presentation, he played video clips of two doctors active in the medical transitioning of children, Ilana Sherer and Johanna Olson-Kennedy.

Sherer explained that puberty blockers are given to children at age 8 or 9, when they are in third and fourth grades. Olson-Kennedy is doing a 5-year study, for which she has received a $5.7 million National Institutes of Health research grant, and in one of her publications, it shows that mastectomies have been done on girls as young as 13. In the clip Laidlaw showed, Olson-Kennedy is seen on tape insisting adolescents have the capacity to make life-altering decisions, including to have their breasts removed.

"And here's the other thing about chest surgery: If you want breasts at a later point in your life, you can go and get them," she says in the video.

Laidlaw asked those in attendance: "Is that correct? Can you just get a new organ, mail-order it and have surgeons put it in? You cannot."

"This whole thing is an experiment on children. We are ignoring the voices of desisters and people who have come out of this and recognize their sex. And the NIH is allowing unethical research to be conducted on adolescents, in my opinion."

Laidlaw and his colleagues used FOIA requests to obtain more information about Olson-Kennedy's study at Children's Hospital Los Angeles and found that in 2017 they lowered the minimum age for cross-sex hormones from 13 to 8.

"Imagine giving 8-year-old girls testosterone," Laidlaw said. "They are in 3rd or 4th grade. This is unbelievable. But this is going on."

Marian Rutigliano, an internal medicine specialist from Baltimore, explained in her remarks how those who have dared to resist these untested gender treatments have been systematically smeared, bullied and silenced by trans-activists and noted how entrenched transgender ideology has become in the upper echelons of professional medical associations.

Respected figures in the medical and psychological fields, such as J. Michael Bailey, Kenneth Zucker and James Caspian have borne the brunt of the transgender activists' wrath, the Baltimore doctor explained. In recent years, these men have had their reputations ruined, their families harassed and doxxed, their research and scholarship misrepresented, and their clinics shut down, among other things, she said.

The nation's largest LGBT rights group, the Human Rights Campaign, had a leading role in co-authoring the American Academy of Pediatrics 2016 professional guidelines on care for transgender-identifying children, she noted, and the lead author of those guidelines was a 25-year-old trans-identified female and is not a doctor. Out of the 12 authors, only five were physicians.

Of the 66,000 pediatrician members of the AAP, "the input was really from less than 30 people," Rutigliano said, adding that one of the contributors of the guidelines included a physician who was the director of a transgender health clinic at which 100 percent of the kids who came in were considered "appropriate for transition."

In response to a question from The Christian Post on how the NIH could have approved a study on chemical puberty blockers and why it was allowed that the age of administering cross-sex hormones be lowered from 13 to 8, Laidlaw said he did not know how the oversight processes work or how it got past any relevant committees.

"We've done Freedom of Information requests to get something as simple as consent forms and were not able to get them, so there's some sort of potential cover-up going on," he said, noting that members of Congress are looking to potentially investigate this.

Rutigliano added that a problem complicating the matter is that a sort of "consensus" exists that these medical treatments are fine, which then influences reviews that institutional review boards conduct on the worthiness of a research study.

"It's kind of like the jury has already decided," she said.

Laidlaw added: "There are laws governing this; ... laws have been broken."

A mother of a trans-identifying child, "Elaine," also spoke Thursday, imploring people to speak out against the transgender medicalization and "gender-affirmative" therapies.

"It’s not acceptable for doctors to remove healthy limbs from children, so why is it acceptable for doctors to remove healthy reproductive organs from children?" she asked, her voice wavering at times.

"The 'experts' tell parents that it is harmful to question their children’s beliefs, that they must support their children’s medical transition, which includes a lifetime dependence on hormones, and that if parents do not comply, their children will be at higher risk of suicide," she said.

"These parents are being lied to as their children are harmed and their families are torn apart."

Children who are confused about their bodies, "need proper therapy and guidance, not drugs and surgeries. And the medical practices that are abusing them need to be shut down," she said.

Elaine is now a part of the Kelsey Coalition, a newly formed group of apolitical parents who have trans-identifying children that have been harmed by physicians, therapists and clinics throughout the United States, according to its website. They believe that "gender identity" should not be conflated with sexual orientation.

"We, as parents of these [trans-identifying] young people advocate for our children because we love them. Many of us are going through unimaginable grief because we love them," she said.

Ughh,  to me this qualifies as child abuse, plain and simple.

8 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I'm commenting on my own post....a day later and I can't shake this one off.  A school named George Washington University....located in a city named after George, pushes to remove its mascot (George Washington) because the mascot reflects white supremacy?  The father of our country is a symbol for white supremacy??  

Wacko's......and the university administration lacks the kahuna's to tell the kids to deal with it and get back to class??  Then again, Alec Baldwin is an alum, so why should I be surprised I guess......Wow!

Wacko indeed.

Hey,   Thomas Jefferson owned slaves and he founded the U. of Virginia.  I say the place needs to be closed immediately and bulldozed.

• Disdain 1

3 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

https://www.livescience.com/27248-chromosomes.html

https://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html

Are there outliers and abnormalities?  Sure...but the science is still there.

It's all science. Per the point specifically made in the first article you linked to, recent scientific advances have disclosed that there are multiple genetic and biological factors beyond the (so called) sex chromosomes that create and influence development of the multiple sex phenotypes (the physical characteristics  associated with human males and human females, including -- but certainly not limited to-- the parts that make up the  "plumbing", as SF puts it). Modern science tells us that these multiple genetic factors mean that humans can have multiple combinations of sex phenotypes that place individuals on a spectrum that goes far beyond simply who has twigs and berries at birth and who doesn't.  

3 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

OK..I understand...but you do realize the links I provided you are from science and medical based sources....not from a British pub known for political leanings....and in the livescience.com source for sure is more current than what you provided......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Statesman

The New Statesman is a British political and cultural magazine published in London.[2] Founded as a weekly review of politics and literature on 12 April 1913, it was connected then with Sidney and Beatrice Webb and other leading members of the socialist Fabian Society, such as George Bernard Shaw who was a founding director. They had supported The New Age, a journal edited by A. R. Orage, but by 1912 that journal moved away editorially from supporting Fabian politics and women's suffrage. Today, the magazine is a print-digital hybrid. According to its present self-description, it has a liberal, sceptical, political position.[3]

Yes, and the science and medical sources you linked to supported the info in the article I linked to... which was a book review describing things in a new book written by a well-respected historian who studies the history of science. So books somehow are now tainted by the supposed politics of their reviewers?

White Woman Slammed For Opening 'Clean' Chinese Restaurant: https://www.dailywire.com/news/45792/white-woman-slammed-opening-clean-chinese-paul-bois

A new Chinese restaurant in Greenwich Village, New York, has faced heavy backlash in recent days because the owner used the word "clean" to describe the food.

According to Eater, nutritionist Arielle Haspel wanted to create a Chinese-American restaurant for "people who love to eat Chinese food and love the benefit that it will actually make them feel good." Since many of Haspel's clients could not eat mein, fried rice, and kung pao chicken, she developed items with different ingredients, free of additives in order to "healthify" them. She has since been denounced as a racist for saying that lo mein makes some people feel "bloated and icky."

"We heard you’re obsessed with lo mein but rarely eat it," Haspel said in the now-deleted post. "You said it makes you feel bloated and icky the next day? Well, wait until you slurp up our HIGH lo mein. Not too oily. Or salty."

Haspel told Eater that her restaurant Lucky Lee avoids MSG because people claim to have negative reactions to it. The article noted that no scientific evidence exists for that.

"There are very few American-Chinese places as mindful about the quality of ingredients as we are," she told Eater. "We’re excited to offer it to people who want this type of food, and it can make them feel good and they can workout after and they can feel focused after and it will add to their health."

Haspel added that her restaurant celebrates Chinese-American food and has no desire to "put down a culture."

"I love love love American Chinese food. I made some tweaks so I would be able to eat it and my friends and other people would be able to eat it," she said. "I am by all means never ever looking to put down a culture at all. I am very inclusive, and we’re here to celebrate the culture."

People on social media quickly denounced Haspel for supposedly not properly appreciating Chinese food, saying she stereotyped it as being greasy and MSG-filled.

"This white woman just opened a ‘clean’ Chinese food restaurant," said one user, "not only is she using Chinese food stereotypes/naming, she is shaming traditional Chinese food cooking with MSG/grease/starch."

Lucky Lee’s Yelp page has now been flooded with a string of negative reviews, though Haspel does have her share of supporters.

"Love to watch a Becky go bankrupt for racist appropriation," one Yelp user wrote.

"This restaurant uses racist tropes to position itself as better than a traditionally Chinese-owned restaurant for no good reason," said another.

Despite the intense backlash, Haspel issued no apology. Instead, Lucky Lee posted a defense of their position as a "clean" Chinese-American restaurant on the restaurant's Instagram account.