Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Muda69

The New Normal, round 2

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

None of them said the quote either.  

Memes > Facts

You care enough to run the conversation straight into the personal attack/fake meme ditch and then play the who cares/agree to disagree card.  Meh...

 

image.png.0233cda7d24966db00aed94f7cf51b2b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, swordfish said:

AGAIN - 

Anyone who will equate the battle hymn of the republic where the (admittedly religious) lyrics promote freedom to the savage lyrics these kids were singing where they celebrate torture and death to achieve their goal of the entire world conforming to their religion and laws is not worth debating with.  

Nuff said......This must be the new normal.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

image.png.0233cda7d24966db00aed94f7cf51b2b.png

Nice selfie

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

 

giphy.gif

Thanks! No need to take it on the road, though. I have a captive audience right here on the OOB that reacts or responds to every post I make. So what if they're hecklers? It's an audience that gives me laughs. A mudarater seems to be my #1 fan, but don't feel bad, you're #2!

  • Haha 2
  • Sit and spin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Thanks! No need to take it on the road, though. I have a captive audience right here on the OOB that reacts or responds to every post I make. So what if they're hecklers? It's an audience that gives me laughs. A mudarater seems to be my #1 fan, but don't feel bad, you're #2!

02-troll-face.w710.h473.2x.jpg

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Muda69 said:

02-troll-face.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Cute drawing.

Is that a caricature of Mr. Beal?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Cute drawing.

Is that a caricature of Mr. Beal?

No, it is not.  Search the interwebs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No, it is not.  Search the interwebs.

 

I have in the past. Never could find anything on Mr. Beal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Thanks! No need to take it on the road, though. I have a captive audience right here on the OOB that reacts or responds to every post I make. So what if they're hecklers? It's an audience that gives me laughs. A mudarater seems to be my #1 fan, but don't feel bad, you're #2!

it all balances out Gonzo....while some guys think you are hypocritical first class a**, you have your little posse jumping on every post to support each other.  It's really cute....very special.  So you just keep up the good fight......

toy story.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

I have in the past. Never could find anything on Mr. Beal

That is not a caricature of Mr. Beal.  However it is one of you, Gonzo.  Here is another:

10977_7ca5eb06feca2d4d2029ef99de456a25.j

 

and another:

1*Sd7yfdtqQg8nUi6WPGjsfw.png

And another of your buddy Night Hawk:

Internet-tough-guy-troll-300x240.jpeg

Edited by Muda69
  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

That is not a caricature of Mr. Beal.  However it is one of you, Gonzo.  Here is another:

10977_7ca5eb06feca2d4d2029ef99de456a25.j

 

and another:

1*Sd7yfdtqQg8nUi6WPGjsfw.png

And another of your buddy Night Hawk:

Internet-tough-guy-troll-300x240.jpeg

Nope, neither of those is me. I don't have that many teeth. Try again. I don't have a buddy named Night Hawk either. You lose all around. Again.

Image result for flip flop gif

  • Disdain 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kids Aren't Rushing To Get Their Driver's Licenses—and That's OK!: https://reason.com/2019/05/14/kids-arent-rushing-to-get-their-drivers-licenses/

Quote

The share of teens with driver's licenses peaked in 1983, when 72 percent of Americans aged 16–19 were legally approved to drive. Today, only about 50 percent are.

The decline has stupefied many a baby boomer and Gen Xer, who can't imagine why young people today don't want to hit the open road. Writing in The Atlantic in May 2018, Penn State professor Gary Cross fretted about the loss of that "magical age of 16, when suddenly a world opened up." The Washington Post in 2015 dedicated more than 2,000 words to how America's love affair with cars was "cruising towards oblivion" because those damn kids don't want to drive.

What do teens actually say? According to a University of Michigan survey, the two most common reasons given for not having a driver's license were being "too busy" to get one (37 percent) and thinking that owning a car "is too expensive" (32 percent). Most of the teens surveyed (70 percent) said they planned to get a license eventually.

Owning a vehicle was never cheap, but those survey responses suggest there's simply more competition for teens' dollars and attention today than in the past. Do you want to spend your money and time fixing up an old car or buying and playing Red Dead Redemption 2?

"Car culture" has always been an American touchstone, but researchers have found similar declines in teen driving rates in Canada, Germany, Japan, and South Korea. The University of Michigan analysis correlates the decline in teen driving with the rise in internet use, suggesting that cyber connectivity and escapism is replacing the lure of the open road—or at least slackening the need to drive to friends' houses to hang out in person.

But teens holding off on hitting the road isn't cause for worry. For one thing, it's probably good for public health. According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 2,400 Americans aged 16–19 were killed in car crashes in the United States during 2016—about six deaths per day. That's down from 7,993 deaths in 1995, and 9,659 in 1985.

As for the loss of car culture? Times change, and social norms evolve—teens don't rock out to Elvis, the Ramones, or Linkin Park anymore, either. That's fine. There's no single reason fewer teens are driving today, and no amount of consternation is likely to reverse the trend.

Meh,  a lot of kids today are happy to "spend time" with their friends via texting, chats, voip, etc.  instead of actually you know, driving to each other's homes and being in the same room together.     As a parent the only time it aggravates me is when your 20 year old child needs a ride somewhere because they are too lazy to get their license.  

 

  • Disdain 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/caitlyn-jenner-to-pose-nude-for-sports-illustrated-cover/?fbclid=IwAR2Cc1Z28OQ1lE6ei2Hu55FNlLMSLIHX4r7kKHrSa9DORDSZkPOe0Hf6BjA

That's one way to show your patriotism. Caitlyn Jenner is reportedly posing nude for the cover of Sports Illustrated, wearing "nothing but an American flag and her Olympic medal," Us Weekly reported.

"His" Olympic Medal (FIFY)

AAAAllllllrighty then.......

Image result for alrighty then gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://apnews.com/b5e7bb73c6134d58a0df9e1cee2fb8ad

Blurred lines: A pregnant man’s tragedy tests gender notions

When the man arrived at the hospital with severe abdominal pains, a nurse didn’t consider it an emergency, noting that he was obese and had stopped taking blood pressure medicines. In reality, he was pregnant — a transgender man in labor that was about to end in a stillbirth.

Just read the story......

So now is it incumbent on the hospital to "diagnose" the biological sex of a person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 4:25 PM, swordfish said:

https://apnews.com/b5e7bb73c6134d58a0df9e1cee2fb8ad

Blurred lines: A pregnant man’s tragedy tests gender notions

When the man arrived at the hospital with severe abdominal pains, a nurse didn’t consider it an emergency, noting that he was obese and had stopped taking blood pressure medicines. In reality, he was pregnant — a transgender man in labor that was about to end in a stillbirth.

Just read the story......

So now is it incumbent on the hospital to "diagnose" the biological sex of a person?

I'm not a medical professional, but since the article states that the patient advised the nurse he was transgender, it would seem sort of obvious and logical that such information would lead the medical professional to assess the person's symptoms in the context of conditions that may affects males or females. Why would one just assume that a trans person had already had all their plumbing revised?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wabash82 said:

I'm not a medical professional, but since the article states that the patient advised the nurse he was transgender, it would seem sort of obvious and logical that such information would lead the medical professional to assess the person's symptoms in the context of conditions that may affects males or females. Why would one just assume that a trans person had already had all their plumbing revised?

If you read it, the initial nurse was advised, but I think the rest of the staff either wasn't aware because of his/her appearance and size, and (IMHO) assumed they were dealing with a guy.

When the man arrived at the hospital with severe abdominal pains, a nurse didn’t consider it an emergency, noting that he was obese and had stopped taking blood pressure medicines. In reality, he was pregnant — a transgender man in labor that was about to end in a stillbirth.

The tragic case, described in Wednesday’s New England Journal of Medicine, points to larger issues about assigning labels or making assumptions in a society increasingly confronting gender variations in sports , entertainment and government . In medicine, there’s a similar danger of missing diseases such as sickle cell and cystic fibrosis that largely affect specific racial groups, the authors write.

“The point is not what’s happened to this particular individual but this is an example of what happens to transgender people interacting with the health care system,” said the lead author, Dr. Daphna Stroumsa of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.

“He was rightly classified as a man” in the medical records and appears masculine, Stroumsa said. “But that classification threw us off from considering his actual medical needs.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, swordfish said:

If you read it, the initial nurse was advised, but I think the rest of the staff either wasn't aware because of his/her appearance and size, and (IMHO) assumed they were dealing with a guy.

When the man arrived at the hospital with severe abdominal pains, a nurse didn’t consider it an emergency, noting that he was obese and had stopped taking blood pressure medicines. In reality, he was pregnant — a transgender man in labor that was about to end in a stillbirth.

The tragic case, described in Wednesday’s New England Journal of Medicine, points to larger issues about assigning labels or making assumptions in a society increasingly confronting gender variations in sports , entertainment and government . In medicine, there’s a similar danger of missing diseases such as sickle cell and cystic fibrosis that largely affect specific racial groups, the authors write.

“The point is not what’s happened to this particular individual but this is an example of what happens to transgender people interacting with the health care system,” said the lead author, Dr. Daphna Stroumsa of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.

“He was rightly classified as a man” in the medical records and appears masculine, Stroumsa said. “But that classification threw us off from considering his actual medical needs.”

Unless the article is misleading, it appears to state thay it was the initial nurse eho received that information who made the fateful triage decision. And if she then also failed to include the information that the patient was transgender in the chart notes, she really blew it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swordfish said:

If you read it, the initial nurse was advised, but I think the rest of the staff either wasn't aware because of his/her appearance and size, and (IMHO) assumed they were dealing with a guy.

 

 

1 hour ago, Wabash82 said:

Unless the article is misleading, it appears to state thay it was the initial nurse eho received that information who made the fateful triage decision. And if she then also failed to include the information that the patient was transgender in the chart notes, she really blew it. 

This seems like a failure of the hospital's general admittance policy.  If that info is given to someone in the employee of the hospital as part of the admittance/triage then all subsequent folks are responsible for that info and it should be noted in the file.  I would hope that assumptions are the last thing a hospital would be doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...