Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Pennsylvania bill to separate Public - Private

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, JustRules said:

One thing to counter the "private schools have an unfair advantage" is not every private school dominates. It's really only a handful of them. The ultimate private schools (Culver Military Academy and Park Tudor) don't dominate in many sports, and they recruit all over the country. Their emphasis on sports is different than other private schools too. That's why a blanket policy for all private schools (i.e. multiplier) doesn't make sense. I think the Success Factor is the best solution I've seen. It could possibly be tweaked, but in general it works because it applies to everyone equally and doesn't unnecessarily punish private schools that don't perform as well.

I agree private schools generally do have an advantage because they have a high percentage of active students in activities including sports. The make-up of the student bodies are very different. But that doesn't mean they will all automatically be better. We also have to accept the fact no system will be perfect and the ultimate goal is competition, teamwork, and goal setting. Generally the players don't care. They  just want to play and compete and some will be seeking college scholarships. This really is an adult problem.

I concur.  In the Northwest Crossroads Conference, Andrean is the lone private school to the 5 others.  Do they dominate?  No, but they usually are pretty good and Dan Dakich was a Niner...