Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

I know we have some New Haven people on here that could give us some (and probably better) insight into the league for this season. I take a stab in the dark looking at the members as some I have an idea and others not much.

Bellmont- late hire of Coach Davis will bring an uphill battle from a winless regular season in 2018 but 2 wins in the postseason. I see them struggling again this season learning new offense and defense philosophies. 

Columbia City- Not sure what they lost, but they were a pleasant surprise last year as they went .500 again. Will they be able to grow that this year?

DeKalb- Can copy and paste Columbia City's notes here

East Noble- expectations that they will be strong year in and year out and competing for the conference crown.

Huntington North- new coach and similar to Bellmont in "SOME" regards. Looking at 2018 results, it seems to be what team comes out of the locker room

Leo- can they get over the 7 win mark that they've had the last 3 seasons. What do they lose from last year? Like East Noble expected to compete for the crown most years

New Haven- usually in regards with Leo & EN but last year was under new leadership and learning of new systems. Can they get back to challenge the crown? The results remind me of HN as it may come down to which NH team comes out of the locker room

Norwell- it has been some lean years lately for the Knights. It seems that they were beginning to close the gap last season. Will they be able to win some of the close games they dropped in 2018?

• 4 weeks later...

Bellmont- Coach Davis seems to have been everywhere.  I am curious what he can do.  I do think he has a very underrated QB in Wilder and Friedt should be a beast again at FB. 

Columbia City- Soph QB who is a stud.  I think he will be one of the best QBs in the area when he becomes an upperclassmen.  I think they can make a jump this season. 

DeKalb- They are getting a lot of hype in the Fort Wayne media and I am curious to see if it is deserved. 

East Noble- Favorites again.  One of the top 3 players in the area at QB.

Huntington North- Love the new Coach from what I am hearing.  I think he will turn them around in the next year or two. 

Leo- Very excited to see the week 1 matchup vs Woodlan.  Hope to watch it.

New Haven- Sounds like they have a lot of athletes but i think they will finish around 500.

Norwell-  They have had a rough couple years being in a conference of 4a and 5a schools but I know they have some players back this year. 

Just now, NE8Fan said:

Bellmont- Coach Davis seems to have been everywhere.  I am curious what he can do.  I do think he has a very underrated QB in Wilder and Friedt should be a beast again at FB. 

Columbia City- Soph QB who is a stud.  I think he will be one of the best QBs in the area when he becomes an upperclassmen.  I think they can make a jump this season. 

DeKalb- They are getting a lot of hype in the Fort Wayne media and I am curious to see if it is deserved. 

East Noble- Favorites again.  One of the top 3 players in the area at QB.

Huntington North- Love the new Coach from what I am hearing.  I think he will turn them around in the next year or two. 

Leo- Very excited to see the week 1 matchup vs Woodlan.  Hope to watch it.

New Haven- Sounds like they have a lot of athletes but i think they will finish around 500.

Norwell-  They have had a rough couple years being in a conference of 4a and 5a schools but I know they have some players back this year. 

I like Coach Davis and he has been pretty honest about the whole situation he has signed up for and what his expectations are. The first week will be interesting with AC being so inexperienced at positions and Bellmont under a new regime. Have to pull for my Jets, but hope the Braves can improve this season.