Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC should be interesting this year.  

1.  Snider has added a couple  basketball players that look pretty darn good. 

2.  Homestead has a number of good WR and a QB that could play D1 if he chose FB over hoops. 

3.  Bishop Dwenger has a lot of experience returning and a new stadium and should be deeper than they have been in years. 

4. North side has been getting better and better since their current coach has come aboard and the Jr QB is a 2 year starter and can make plays. 

5.  Concordia has a few WR and a RB that are returning and a QB that performed very well when called on last year. 

6.  Carroll has experience on both sides returning and seem to always find a very good QB every year. 

7.  Wayne seems to ha e reloaded at a number of spots and the players seem to love playing for their coach. 

8. SouthSide is always very athletic. 

9.  Northrop always has playmakers and can score points with athletes.  

10.  Bishop Luers will always be a tough team that will fight you with everything they have.  They return a couple young playmakers and linemen and should get better and better each week.  

Edited by OldschoolFB
Quick change in first sentence

3 hours ago, jakone said:

Luers at #10 are you serious?

It in any particular order.  Just excited about the season and posted a few strength for each team.  My finishing order would be:

1.   Bishop Dwenger

2. Snider

3.  Homestead

4.   Concordia

5. Carroll

6. North Side

7.  Luers

8.   Wayne

9.  Northrop

10.  South Side

17 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

It in any particular order.  Just excited about the season and posted a few strength for each team.  My finishing order would be:

1.   Bishop Dwenger

2. Snider

3.  Homestead

4.   Concordia

5. Carroll

6. North Side

7.  Luers

8.   Wayne

9.  Northrop

10.  South Side

I would have 1-3 the same. 4 down to 6, 7 to 4 & 8 to 7 and 6 to 8. 

• Like 1

After watching all the interviews on the highlight zone. Staying with Homestead as #1. Reason is they are evolving to be better. They are learning what it takes to be in the SAC. This group of kids are hungry. Every interview of all the teams, winning the conference was a goal.. The Homestead player said "WE WANT THE BELL!" That is hunger! I would love to see my Saints,  but I am a realist. 

Edited by Mebuck
Spell, grammar I suck lol

4 hours ago, Mebuck said:

After watching all the interviews on the highlight zone. Staying with Homestead as #1. Reason is they are evolving to be better. They are learning what it takes to be in the SAC. This group of kids are hungry. Every interview of all the teams, winning the conference was a goal.. The Homestead player said "WE WANT THE BELL!" That is hunger! I would love to see my Saints,  but I am a realist. 

I will say Homestead is certainly due, but they always seem to choke vs Snider or Dwenger and/or lay an unexpected egg against Luers, Carroll or another mid level team. We will see. Can't wait for season to start less than four weeks now !!

33 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I will say Homestead is certainly due, but they always seem to choke vs Snider or Dwenger and/or lay an unexpected egg against Luers, Carroll or another mid level team. We will see. Can't wait for season to start less than four weeks now !!

I'm not sure choke is the right word. Snider just normally has a better team than Homestead.

My Top Ten is base on reality. I try not to get cute and make "outside the box" predictions (example: Snider placing 4th...........although possible, probably unlikely)

The Top - Any order is possible

1.     Snider - Maybe a little bit of bias, but if I were making a bet, this would be a pretty good place to start.

2.     Dwenger - The defending champs will normally be in my top two until another program proves worthy of that spot.

3.     Wayne - The Generals return a pretty solid core from a pretty good team from last year.

4.     Homestead - Number four in the SAC until they prove otherwise.

The Middle - Any order is possible

5.     Northrop - I have to put the big school in the #5 spot. Lot's of talent at Northrop and a pretty good coaching staff. Until the Doerffler's are gone, I see improvement every year.

6.     Carroll - Just because they are big school and have a pretty good head coach. And the fact that the SAC is stacked this year.

7.     Luers - I'm probably being a little hard on Luers at the #7 spot. With the addition of two 6a schools to the SAC, Top 4 just isn't a guarantee anymore. Good luck to them.

8.     Concordia - I think the Cadets will be solid this year. Mannigel has proven that he's a pretty good coach and his teams will be competitive every week.   

9.     North Side - Will they continue to improve in Coach Brevard's third season? If so, that would make NINE teams from the SAC with potential to knock off anyone else in any given week.

The Bottom

10.   South Side - The Archers are going to be awfully lonely at the bottom this year. I truly hope not for Coach Norfleets sake, but I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Conclusion

The SAC appears to be stacked this year 1-9. Look for some deep playoff runs from the Snider/Homestead winner, Dwenger, Wayne, and Luers. Every team in the SAC will be battle tested. Look for another year with a good non-conference record come playoff time.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I'm not sure choke is the right word. Snider just normally has a better team than Homestead.

My Top Ten is base on reality. I try not to get cute and make "outside the box" predictions (example: Snider placing 4th...........although possible, probably unlikely)

The Top - Any order is possible

1.     Snider - Maybe a little bit of bias, but if I were making a bet, this would be a pretty good place to start.

2.     Dwenger - The defending champs will normally be in my top two until another program proves worthy of that spot.

3.     Wayne - The Generals return a pretty solid core from a pretty good team from last year.

4.     Homestead - Number four in the SAC until they prove otherwise.

The Middle - Any order is possible

5.     Northrop - I have to put the big school in the #5 spot. Lot's of talent at Northrop and a pretty good coaching staff. Until the Doerffler's are gone, I see improvement every year.

6.     Carroll - Just because they are big school and have a pretty good head coach. And the fact that the SAC is stacked this year.

7.     Luers - I'm probably being a little hard on Luers at the #7 spot. With the addition of two 6a schools to the SAC, Top 4 just isn't a guarantee anymore. Good luck to them.

8.     Concordia - I think the Cadets will be solid this year. Mannigel has proven that he's a pretty good coach and his teams will be competitive every week.   

9.     North Side - Will they continue to improve in Coach Brevard's third season? If so, that would make NINE teams from the SAC with potential to knock off anyone else in any given week.

The Bottom

10.   South Side - The Archers are going to be awfully lonely at the bottom this year. I truly hope not for Coach Norfleets sake, but I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Conclusion

The SAC appears to be stacked this year 1-9. Look for some deep playoff runs from the Snider/Homestead winner, Dwenger, Wayne, and Luers. Every team in the SAC will be battle tested. Look for another year with a good non-conference record come playoff time.

In the past Homestead didn't know how to make adjustments.  Dwenger, Snider, and Luers are the best programs  for that. Homestead back in the day (NHC) never had to. But like I said they have been evolving. 

On 8/3/2019 at 9:53 PM, Mebuck said:

Does anyone know how progress is coming at Northrop? I heard it may not be done in time. 

.. According to an article from WOWO News back in March 12, Spuller Stadium field installation was expected to be done by August 2.. From what I saw today,  MAYBE by the 23rd. . As of today, they will have to really hightail it. .

(T1)Snider- they don't rebuild..they just reload..the starters they return should be solid and the o-line has a stud..could take loss or two to any top 3 or middle tier..

(T1)Dwenger- returning state champs act different..they will be tough to beat..im reminded of seeing that cyo run clinic over n over..with the dynamo wr added in..watch out..could lose two games..

(T1) Homestead-returning qb is an athlete..hhs has always been quarterback U..they're 6a and have a 6a mindset..hard to stay focused when ppl expect victories..could take two losses..

(4) Luers-pretty lofty for the knights this year..lost some good players..their coaches always seem to get the best out of their teams..2a..3a..whatever you wanna call em..they always come to play..

(5) carroll-any large school with Dinan as coach will always be up there on my list. Soph qb will have some learning to do..

(6) Northside- This is the year of fruition for the legends and their coach..could they be last year's wayne or regenerate an incredible run through the sac as in decades past..? They are my sleeper team (kinda).

(7)Wayne-they seem to put together a good team every few years..the cupboard is never bare for the generals..they always have gr8 talent..the moxy it takes to garner hardware..they have it..

(8) Northrop-one of the larger schools with a great coaching staff..getting the athletes out for football and playing together will get them a a few wins alone..

(9) Concordia-This may ruffle feathers..i know they're  not far removed from a state title and a few alumni would tell me their top 4..id happily eat crow if they shock a few squads..somehow..they always do

(10) Southside-refer to #8

This is just a mock poll n observations of the sac imho..the top and middle will be muddied up..even the teams at the bottom will be sectional contenders..thats the best part of the playing in the sac..i faintly remember seeing a 3-6 Northwood team go on to win a state title..should be fun..

Edited by Justasportsfan
Grammatical error
  • Like 1

So with just over two weeks before the first kickoff here are the national rankings for SAC teams according maxpreps.com:

1. Dwenger 314

2. Snider 654

3. Homestead 1153

4. Wayne 3041

5. Bishop luers 4008

6. Northside 5949

7. Concordia 6055

8. Northrop 6565

9. Carroll 6676

10. South Side 8968

Out of 13335 teams. Thoughts?

Edited by Gridiron_Junkie
corrections

It’s tough to say right now.  Snider has 38 Seniors and Homewtead returns a ton of skill but is the line good enough to protect Goode?   I don’t know who they have. For all I know they could be the greatest line ever.  Until first game, the top 3 are interchangeable.  If Wayne can capture last year’s magic earlier, they could surpass all of them.  North Side would be the long shot but the kids have bought in to their coach and it’s possible they could be very good.  One thing I know for sure is it’s going to be fun to watch and find out.  

If I was forced to pick, I will go with my heart and say Bishop Dwenger. Provided they avoid multiple injuries to 3 or 4 key players.