Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carrolls defense looked good.

Dwenger looked flat but I also know they sat a few key players. Gave the younger kids more time. It was like watching NFL preseason game. I Do think the Saints will be ok. They are always slow the first game. Good chance they could lose next week at Wayne.

2 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Dwenger looked flat but I also know they sat a few key players. Gave the younger kids more time. It was like watching NFL preseason game. I Do think the Saints will be ok. They are always slow the first game. Good chance they could lose next week at Wayne.

Saints looked ok.  It’s a good thing we had this scrimmage before the first game.  Having said that, if this was a real game, they would have not run scripted plays.  There was a lot of opportunity for big plays if we were using whole play book.  

Next week will be the real test to see where The Saints are at.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

Saints looked ok.  It’s a good thing we had this scrimmage before the first game.  Having said that, if this was a real game, they would have not run scripted plays.  There was a lot of opportunity for big plays if we were using whole play book.  

Next week will be the real test to see where The Saints are at.  

Oh I Agree 100%. Ledo looked good.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Oh I Agree 100%. Ledo looked good.

Ledo has a lot of talent. Wish he was playing fr Snider, but I understand why they had to dismiss him for disciplinary reasons. Does he have any college FBS or FCS offers?

12 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Ledo has a lot of talent. Wish he was playing fr Snider, but I understand why they had to dismiss him for disciplinary reasons. Does he have any college FBS or FCS offers?

Oh????

On 8/17/2019 at 8:04 AM, Mebuck said:

I really don’t think Dwenger was showing all that they have though. I’ve heard multiple people saying “this is a glorified practice” next week will be tough for Dwenger but I truly think we can’t really tell anything until actual game time. Scrimmages show some but I don’t believe we should be looking at them for any big information this year. Hard to tell how a team will be from just the scrimmages. 

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Luers looked like they sat a half dozen or so, too.  Three very different Qb's took reps and the best arm looks to be the 3rd.  Some of the smallest guys I've seen at Luers in a long, long time.  

I don’t think any of the teams really wanted to risk any injuries to the starters before season actually started. That’s why I said it’s hard to really tell anything about how the season will go from the scrimmages. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2019 at 12:43 PM, Mebuck said:

Before media day I was saying: 

1Homestead

2: Dwenger

3:Wayne

4:Snider

5:Northrop

6-10: Luers, Concordia, North,             Carroll, South.

Now after Media day. No change. Have that feeling. 

And every said i was crazy. Way off on Wayne.

9 hours ago, Mebuck said:

And every said i was crazy. Way off on Wayne.

You didn't exactly nail Carroll either. Snider finishing fourth? That's a bold prediction. I think most people who follow football knew that Dwenger would be good this year. Anyone who follows Luke Goode knew Homestead would be good this year. All in all? You nailed the top 2, so good for you. But..................some luck was involved. In my opinion, Dwenger should have beaten Homestead. The outcome of the Snider/Dwenger game may or may not have been different if the game weren't played in a monsoon. Didn't see Carroll/Dwenger, but it looked like that game could have gone the other way. Carroll/Snider could have gone the other way. Anyway, the season played out and Homestead and Dwenger finished 1 & 2...............well deserved by both teams and well done on your prediction. Kudos to you, but many people could have made that prediction. What most impresses me about your poll was your prediction that Northrop would finish 5th. Good job on that one.