• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland
Sign in to follow this  
gmjunk

ACAC Conference Week-1

With my son being a Senior at Northrop I haven't been able to follow much of the ACAC.  I know Heritage returns a large amount of offensive skill positions but a whole new line.  Outside of that I expect Heritage and possibly Woodlan to be the biggest threats to Leo?

Bellmont at Adams Central.   AC -There must be some reason why Bellmont has not played their Adams County rival for over 20-yrs!

New Haven at Heritage.          Heritage.  Pat's get it done at home.

Delta at Jay County.                 Delta.  If not for a forfeit a few years ago, Delta wins this every year.

Northfield at Bluffton.             Bluffton.  Better offense.

Norwell at Leo.                         Leo.  Harnish cannot win this one on his own.

South Adams at Winchester.  S. Adams.  Tough bunch of kids down there in Berne.

Woodlan at Eastside.               Woodlan.  Warriors are going to be tough to beat in 2014.

Edited by gmjunk
  • Upvote 1

All of the ACAC teams play out of conference foes.

Friday, Aug. 22

Bellmont at Adams Central, 7 pm

New Haven at Heritage, 7 pm

Delta at Jay County, 7 pm

Northfield at Bluffton, 7 pm

Norwell at Leo, 7 pm

South Adams at Winchester, 7 pm

Woodlan at Eastside, 7 pm

PREDICTIONS?

Bellmont 27-13 in a real street fight.

New Haven 34-28 lots of offense

Delta 28-7

Bluffton 33-27 Northfield aint bad folks, Tigers better

Leo 21-20 coin flip

Starfires 34-21 19 returning starters help the Stars.

Upset Eastside 27-26, Woodlan lost to many excellent playmakers.

AC- looking to continue off of their late season success from last year

New Haven- closer game than last year but Bulldogs still get a W

Delta- Eagles fly high

Bluffton- Tigers too fast

Leo- Norwell won't score much on Leo's defense.. But interested to see how well Leo's offense plays

SA- Starfires are going to make some noise this year

Woodlan- top 3 in the ACAC even without Bennett

I expect to see a different Lions offense tonight than in past years, an offense that will spread the field with the pass. Very excited to watch, if the conditions are right , I see the lions rolling ahead to a 35-0 victory.

Bellmont at Adams Central.   AC -There must be some reason why Bellmont has not played their Adams County rival for over 20-yrs!

New Haven at Heritage.          Heritage.  Pat's get it done at home.

Delta at Jay County.                 Delta.  If not for a forfeit a few years ago, Delta wins this every year.

Northfield at Bluffton.             Bluffton.  Better offense.

Norwell at Leo.                         Leo.  Harnish cannot win this one on his own.

South Adams at Winchester.  S. Adams.  Tough bunch of kids down there in Berne.

Woodlan at Eastside.               Woodlan.  Warriors are going to be tough to beat in 2014.

The reason that Bellmont hasn't played Adams Central is due to the lack of competition from AC. Braves now move to 9 - 0 against AC.

I expect to see a different Lions offense tonight than in past years, an offense that will spread the field with the pass. Very excited to watch, if the conditions are right , I see the lions rolling ahead to a 35-0 victory.

Wow....just wow.....!!  ☺

FridayNightLights, on 22 Aug 2014 - 09:23, said:snapback.png

Hissong for president!  I mean QB!

The reason that Bellmont hasn't played Adams Central is due to the lack of competition from AC. Braves now move to 9 - 0 against AC.

Leo looked absolutely horrid on offense last Friday... Offensive line had no push against Norwell's line.. Pass blocking was almost nonexistent.. Botched snaps a number of times. To add to this problem Leo lost a senior lineman to a MCL sprain for at least one game.

Defense started slow but finished strong..

Leo has a lot of work to do.. Hopefully they use these next few weeks to get it together before the Luers game.. Right now it's not looking too promising.