• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 - Week 6

Friday, Sep. 27
Crispus Attucks at Washington, 7 pm
Mount Vernon at Boonville ©, 7 pm
Princeton at Jasper ©, 7 pm
Vincennes at North Knox, 6 pm

- Washington had to find a filler to replace Mt Carmel. And Attucks was the best available apparently. Not sure if the Hatchets will win this season.

- Boonville would’ve been the obvious pick 5 weeks ago...now not so much. MV by a couple scores. Who would’ve thought the final Big 8 championship would come down to the final week? Jasper v. MV week 9. 

Jasper rolls

- VL/NK...wow. So much riding on this final meeting. Every indication points in the Warriors favor. They’re having a fantastic season. Most will pick NK in this one. But I’m a believer that the Alices will build off last week’s offensive performance and find a way up at Bicknell. 

3 hours ago, nk140 said:

The nk Vincennes game was a damn good football game.  Good luck to the Alices.  I think they are the favorite in their sectional.

Agreed. What a way to end the series between these two. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t ugly at times, but it was good smash mouth football. 

Lots of penalties on both sides, some of them legit, some not so much. Some were just a result of the emotion that this rivalry brings. NK had a TD called back late in the first half on a holding call I believe. That proved very costly.

Both teams were effective with their offenses and moved the ball well. Turnovers and penalties though squandered some good drives.  

I was very impressed with Hammelman. He adds an extra dimension to the Warriors that I haven’t seen since the series was renewed 5 years ago. And of course the shifty pair of Doades and Richter. Add that offensive line and you understand why they’ve steamrolled their competition and are just 9 pts away from being undefeated. A very good team to watch in 2A. 

Lincoln had their moments throwing the ball tonight, but were more successful on the ground. NK had pressure on Vickers much of the game so it was tough to get the passing game going with any consistency. So the 2nd half saw the Alices go to a formation Lincoln fans haven’t seen in over a decade, the Power I. And it was effective to say the least. The running game, that has been hit or miss all season, suddenly had a steadiness to it. They even threw out of it several times with some good results. 

So a great win for the Alices. This was one they wanted bad and you could tell. Within Knox county, NK has the reputation as the grittier, hard-nosed program while VL is more finesse. I think the Alices pushed back a little tonight because that’s what it took to win. 

It’s been good times in the last 5 seasons watching these teams! Good luck Warriors in the future!

Edited by SEAL_63