Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Circle City Conference (CCC) 2020 - Week 1 (with STREAMS)

Game summaries are below with information about how to stream the game. I honestly don't know much about any of the teams this year (including my Guerin Golden Eagles) but looking forward to some High School Gridiron... hopefully we'll continue to have games down the stretch in this season.

McCutcheon (0-0) at Guerin Catholic (0-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Guerin.
COACHES: Ken Frauhiger, 57-80 in 14th year at McCutcheon. Tom Dilley, 42-24 in 7th year at Guerin, 122-101 in 21st year overall.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Tied, 1-1
LAST MEETING: Guerin, 24-14, Aug. 23, 2019.
Stream: https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/182711?w=640

Indianapolis Roncalli (0-0) at Southport (0-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Cardinal Stadium.
COACHES: John Rodenberg, 0-0 in 1st year at Roncalli, 174-132 in 27th year overall. Brandon Winters, 25-17 in 5th year at Southport.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Tied, 10-10
LAST MEETING: Southport, 35-10, Aug. 23, 2019.
Stream: https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/189375?w=640

Indianapolis Chatard (0-0) at Brebeuf Jesuit (0-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Wilhelm Field.
COACHES: Rob Doyle, 32-10 in 4th year at Bishop Chatard. Matt Geske, 0-0 in 1st year at Brebeuf Jesuit.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Bishop Chatard, 20-1
LAST MEETING: Bishop Chatard, 49-7, Oct. 25, 2019, sectional.
Stream: https://www.ihsaatv.org/

CCC affiliated teams:

Jennings County (0-0) at Covenant Christian (0-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Zionsville West.
COACHES: Justun Sharp, 3-7 in 2nd year at Jennings County. Dan Gietl, 0-0 in 1st year at Covenant.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
Stream: https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/182684?w=640

South Bend St. Joseph (0-0) at Heritage Christian (0-0)
CANCELLED DUE TO "COVID ISSUES"

Edited by Foobird

Finals.

Chatard 27    Brebeuf 14 (at Brebeuf).   Both teams are contenders to win their Sectional.  Honestly believe a second game could go either way.

Guerin 14  McCutcheon 7.  Appears to be a hard fought game ultimately won by a team with a really tough-minded coach (from Penn originally....I might be wrong on this)....not that that might be a surprise.

Covenant Christian 52  Jennings County 14.  Seriously, 4A Jennings County, you just got dog-piled by a 1A team from the Circle City Conference that’s not quite up to playing in the Circle City Conference (because the other teams are either 3A or 4A teams.....or 2A Heritage Christian who won’t even play....)

What’s the deal Jennings County?  Seriously.....

Roncalli v Southport.  No game.  No surprise.  No name....Roncalli continues to disappoint.  Whatever the Hell their name is these days.  I’m sure their Social Justice Czar will come up with an appropriate name.....I have some suggestions, though.  I may be behind the times as to their name, though......as if I cared.

Heritage Christian (2A)  v. ?.  Don’t think that game happened but who cares?  Honestly don’t pay much attention since they won’t even play in their own conference.

Attribute my 2020 attitude to COVID.....since most everything else this year has been....well....less than positive. 

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 12:57 AM, Lysander said:

Chatard 27    Brebeuf 14 (at Brebeuf).   Both teams are contenders to win their Sectional.  Honestly believe a second game could go either way.

I saw the first half of this game and then switched over to Guerin v McCutcheon... what happened Braves? You had the game under control? Both teams looked pretty darn good.

Guerin 14  McCutcheon 7.  Appears to be a hard fought game ultimately won by a team with a really tough-minded coach (from Penn originally....I might be wrong on this)....not that that might be a surprise.

Good gritty game. No scoring in the second half... but McCutcheon intercepted with a couple of minutes to go and marched down with a threat to score. Guerin was able to hang on for the W.

I don't think McCutcheon is in the same realm as Chatard or Brebeuf, but it was positive to see Guerin running (on offense) and standing tight (on defense) against a comparatively big, physical team. Guerin QB only threw for 56 yards, but there were some really smart, well thrown balls in there at key times. Guerin RB Jagger Albert (first name sounds like a beverage you consumed once-upon-a-time in a college bar and with much regret) is a solid back and was picking up 4 yards per carry running Coach Dilley's favorite plays. 

Attribute my 2020 attitude to COVID.....since most everything else this year has been....well....less than positive. 

I'm there with you brother... just happy to have something to watch on Friday nights. Even when football is bad, it's good. I just hope it lasts.

• Like 1

Finals.

Covenant Christian 52  Jennings County 14.  Seriously, 4A Jennings County, you just got dog-piled by a 1A team from the Circle City Conference that’s not quite up to playing in the Circle City Conference (because the other teams are either 3A or 4A teams.....or 2A Heritage Christian who won’t even play....)

What’s the deal Jennings County?  Seriously.....

Roncalli v Southport.  No game.  No surprise.  No name....Roncalli continues to disappoint.  Whatever the Hell their name is these days.  I’m sure their Social Justice Czar will come up with an appropriate name.....I have some suggestions, though.  I may be behind the times as to their name, though......as if I cared.

Heritage Christian (2A)  v. ?.  Don’t think that game happened but who cares?  Honestly don’t pay much attention since they won’t even play in their own conference.

I like the fact that you have called out Jennings County here and given them an earfull.  There are some schools that should just do the honorable thing and drop football.  Jennings County, Frankfort and Crawfordsville are on that list.  There is no shame in walking away from a losing endeavor.  Reinvest in winning opportunities for your student body.  

Edited by DT

1 hour ago, DT said:

I like the fact that you have called out Jennings County here and given them an earfull.  There are some schools that should just do the honorable thing and drop football.  Jennings County, Frankfort and Crawfordsville are on that list.  There is no shame in walking away from a losing endeavor.  Reinvest in winning opportunities for your student body.  

Maybe start a pickleball team?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DT said:

When I gave my own kids an “ear full” my intent was that they would seek to improve.....not quit.  That’s never been my intention with any kid or team.

That said, I’ve been grumpy as Hell this year and probably said some things that were on the tip of my tongue rather than “rethought” it a bit and bite my tongue (see the whole Indy parochial thread).  

Tongue biting has worked well with the same chica these last 42 years.  

Edited by Lysander