• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
NLCFanMan

NLC 2014

To define "best" is very hard and likely unfair..  I won't go there, but on Defense if I had to start a team, I may go with Schalbach or Ridenour to be honest from this past year. Four year starters. Great players..

From an offensive standpoint many had great years, Drudge had something like 25 or so TD's and half were rushing and the other half receiving I believe. Not a bad year to say the least. Many others had great years as well. Congrats to all. Allot of players.

Next year, you would think a three year starter coming back at QB will be hard to defend in Barron from Plymouth. 

Is it next fall yet? :)

To define "best" is very hard and likely unfair.. I won't go there, but on Defense if I had to start a team, I may go with Schalbach or Ridenour to be honest from this past year. Four year starters. Great players..

From an offensive standpoint many had great years, Drudge had something like 25 or so TD's and half were rushing and the other half receiving I believe. Not a bad year to say the least. Many others had great years as well. Congrats to all. Allot of players.

Next year, you would think a three year starter coming back at QB will be hard to defend in Barron from Plymouth.

Is it next fall yet? :)

schlabach barely played defense from what I saw. But yes Ridenour

schlabach barely played defense from what I saw. But yes Ridenour

Started every game at safety a conservative estimate woukd be 80% of the defensive plays

Started every game at safety a conservative estimate woukd be 80% of the defensive plays

He started, but usually came out pretty fast...

Picking a best player is nearly impossible I could list 4 or 5 I believe any NLC team would love to have, in no particular order

Drudge

Ridenour

Poindexter

Schlabach

Cook

I'm sure there are others it's kind of unfair even to pick a few

He started, but usually came out pretty fast...

The 3 Games following the ankle injury you are correct they kept him out on defense almost the entire game. They also kept him out of the Newprairie game which was kind of a Mystery. I guess it just depends on which games you were watching. The first three or four games of the season I don't believe he came out at all on D

I don't think I like this subject I feel dirty talking about individual kids when every kid that walked onto the field on Friday night busted his ass congrats to all of them for playing a tough game

I played high school football and the kids mentioned above all accomplished 10 times what I did so who am I to sit in judgment

I do know this about the two Northridge kids they would be the first to credit their success to their teammates if someone ask them. As would every kid on that team ,

The 3 Games following the ankle injury you are correct they kept him out on defense almost the entire game. They also kept him out of the Newprairie game which was kind of a Mystery. I guess it just depends on which games you were watching. The first three or four games of the season I don't believe he came out at all on D

I was just saying from what I saw, and also from what I saw he was a great running back! I'll take him on O and Ridenour on D, raiders had a lot of players Id take to start a defense though...

Nice honor for sure Tigers. Congrats to all the academic all state members!  Hadn't seen a mention of the academic all state. Between this list and the coaches all state teams, the IFCA does a very poor job of distributing these lists to the press. 

Edited by backerfan

Backerfan, The IFCA teams are much like they don't even exist to be honest. lol... Congrats to Mangas. Great honor. 

I don't believe our local paper/radio even picked up the story of who made all state from Plymouth or the area.  

I suppose it's now hoops season and they think everyone has moved on. Again, congrats to everyone on all of the teams would

made it.

Go Rockies..

Guest Tiger Watcher

Just to clarify this list isn't the IFCA Academic all state team.  It's the Colts Indiana Academic All-Stars.  I believe you must be in top 5% of class and play at least 70% of the season's plays to be nominated.  24 of 28 kids on this list are ranked 1st or 2nd in their class.  Good stuff and nice of the Colts to have the kids come to a banquet and get recognized prior to the game this Sunday.

There is a very good article on staceypageonline about this.. IFCA is part of it... It goes into great detail on the award and how it's selected. IHSAA, Colts and IFCA all have partnered for the last 16 years. IFCA coaches, nominate. Great honor...

Check out the link.

Rockie, come on, you know no one cares about football after Girls hoops starts in Plymouth! lol.  Though if true, Surprised your newspaper didn't at least mention your boys made all state, that does seem odd. Maybe too busy covering local Jr high basketball instead!

I don't believe our local paper/radio even picked up the story of who made all state from Plymouth or the area.  

I suppose it's now hoops season and they think everyone has moved on. Again, congrats to everyone on all of the teams would

made it.

Go Rockies..

I'm pretty sure The Pilot News had the names mentioned in the Sports Briefs section at some point.  And I know that WTCA talked about it on the morning radio show one day.

I will say this, the radio and news outlets can't report what they don't know.  If they were given some kind of news release from the school or IFCA then I am sure that there was something printed.

Edited by Unlucky Breaks

How times have changed of late, Plymouth dominates us and the NLC in football.  yet, we have owned them in hoops.. Don't see that changing in hoops for awhile..  I loved the chant last night of the rockie student body, "lets play football".. Lol...

• Upvote 1

Yea, your right.  I will give it to you. Your two guards are young and really good. They owned are guards and that won't change. Can't teach speed. We will end with a good record mainly because we play a crazy weak hoops non NLC schedule and the NLC is down IMO.

Football another story though! Look for us to win it again next year with Barron back.  Also, the Plymouth baseball team should be really good this year too. My guess is NLC champs there as well.. See you at Andrews next year.

Happy Holidays

• Upvote 1

I have the utmost respect for Plymouth's athletic tradition in Football, baseball and Basketball. But your right, I have no idea what your hoops program is doing with scheduling. You will end of with a really nice win/loss record, but If your 4A in hoops, and you are, you have to schedule like it. look at our Non-NLC schedule, Merriville, Homestead, Fort Wayne Schools, Carroll, Homestead. It's Ogle's only shot to get tourney "ready", especially with Concord and Northridge being really bad. When you schedule the likes of Kouts, New Praire, Triton and Bremen, it will never prepare you for the 4a state tournament.

Anyways, I do agree you will likely win the NLC in football again, not sure about baseball this year, Northridge will have something to say about that.. But you will be real good and do have some very good baseball players returning this year.

Happy New Year

Yea, your right.  I will give it to you. Your two guards are young and really good. They owned are guards and that won't change. Can't teach speed. We will end with a good record mainly because we play a crazy weak hoops non NLC schedule and the NLC is down IMO.

Football another story though! Look for us to win it again next year with Barron back.  Also, the Plymouth baseball team should be really good this year too. My guess is NLC champs there as well.. See you at Andrews next year.

Happy Holidays

I have the utmost respect for Plymouth's athletic tradition in Football, baseball and Basketball. But your right, I have no idea what your hoops program is doing with scheduling. You will end of with a really nice win/loss record, but If your 4A in hoops, and you are, you have to schedule like it. look at our Non-NLC schedule, Merriville, Homestead, Fort Wayne Schools, Carroll, Homestead. It's Ogle's only shot to get tourney "ready", especially with Concord and Northridge being really bad. When you schedule the likes of Kouts, New Praire, Triton and Bremen, it will never prepare you for the 4a state tournament.

Anyways, I do agree you will likely win the NLC in football again, not sure about baseball this year, Northridge will have something to say about that.. But you will be real good and do have some very good baseball players returning this year.

Happy New Year

I think there are some changes coming in the schedule in the near future.  I think I heard that Bremen may be off the basketball schedule for next year.  I think we can keep Triton.  They have been a pretty good team lately, New Prairie has had a few good teams in the recent past, I believe Kouts was a fill in to get to the allowed # of games this season.  And I wouldn't say the non-conference season schedule is completely bad.  Could use an adjustment with teams like Bremen, Lakeland, and Kouts.  I think Rochester, Westview, Tippy Valley, New Prairie, and John Glenn have had decent teams but are usually up-and-down with talent (and most were sectional opponents until a couple years ago).  Then you go into the teams that are pretty good games in Triton, St. Joe, Peru, Riley, LaPorte, and Penn.  So really 3 "bad" games on the yearly schedule as of right now.

Don't get me wrong, none of those schools are Homestead but to expect Plymouth to travel to Fort Wayne is a little bit of a stretch.  I could see us going north and south before we go more east and west.  Maybe try to get some of the South Bend schools on the schedule.

On a related note, what does the Bremen and Rochester games give the football team?  I feel like those games are more one sided than some of the basketball non-conference games.

Edited by Unlucky Breaks

With Bremen joining the NIC, I don't think we need the Plymouth game anymore.  I think in the past it was good for us to see what a top team looks like to start the season off.  Now with the added strength to the schedule, this game is one to many heavy-weights.  I don't know though, maybe I'm wimping out.

On a basketball note.  Our program is a disgrace, and I don't think the admin, has a clue or the marbles to fix it. 

With Bremen joining the NIC, I don't think we need the Plymouth game anymore. I think in the past it was good for us to see what a top team looks like to start the season off. Now with the added strength to the schedule, this game is one to many heavy-weights. I don't know though, maybe I'm wimping out.

On a basketball note. Our program is a disgrace, and I don't think the admin, has a clue or the marbles to fix it.

Maybe you should read this article:

http://archive.newsleader.com/article/20120205/SPORTS/202050332

Congrats to the NLC guys making district 2 all stars! Travis, Zach the trio from NR, Poindexter and of course Drudge from Plymouth

Great group of players.