• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
titandad1971

best game you've ever seen in person?

2008 5A State Championship

Center Grove scores 22 points in the final six minutes to defeat Carmel 36-33.

• Upvote 3

New Prairie/East Chicago Central 2013 4A Regional matchup. Was a roller oater of a game that was decided in overtime by a controversial call that allowed ECC to kick an extra point to win in overtime 38-37

It's good to see the Reitz fans back! I missed you! ;)

My favorite game was the 56-28 Cathedral win over Reitz and the highlights can be found on youtube.

My second favorite is the 62-7 win over Columbus East with QB Gunner.

I've been lurking, but not posting since the switch. I had to remake my profile for some reason. That was not a dig at the Cathedral faithful in my post. Visibility of the field was terrible, and you have to agree with that. Watching it there in real time, I thought he scored. But it was what it was and the rest is history. Thank you to the person that informed me as to who the receiver/tight end was and the video clip.

Just watched that Carmel/Warren clip that was posted...WOW!  That touchdown call might be the worst I've seen in any football game.  He was about a yard out of bounds.  Unreal!

2002 Warren Central vs. Ben Davis (Regional)

That might be my favorite BD athletic event.

11-13-09 Luers 54-Cass Kings 53 double overtime !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Reginal championship.....................thriller !!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I've been lurking, but not posting since the switch. I had to remake my profile for some reason. That was not a dig at the Cathedral faithful in my post. Visibility of the field was terrible, and you have to agree with that. Watching it there in real time, I thought he scored. But it was what it was and the rest is history. Thank you to the person that informed me as to who the receiver/tight end was and the video clip.

And I honestly am glad to see some Reitz fans back.  We used to have some great sparring sessions a few years back. :)

10/08/10 Dwenger VS Snider double overtime. Snider was up 31-17 going into the 4th qtr. Saints go for 2 to win 46-45

Actually the best game I've ever seen, at least the most incredible finish, was the 2011 Cathedral at Cincinnati Moeller game.  

The clock malfunctioned with about 2 minutes to go in the game, and while there was no clock Moeller drove for a TD to put them in the lead for the first time at 24-23.

Moeller then kicked off to the Irish and no one except the Ohio officials knew how much time was left.  The Moeller kicker put the ball into the end zone so Cathedral started on their own 20.

As we found out later there were less than 20 seconds to play at this point.  The Moeller kicker probably should have kept the ball in the field of play and ran time off the clock.

On  first down the Irish QB, Corey Babb, completed a pass to the Moeller 23 yard line.  Luckily the Irish had a TO left.  Now the Cathedral place kicker had been tossed off the team the prior week for violation of team rules.  So senior Drake Meyers stepped up and attempted his first varsity field goal from 40 yards.  Of course it was right down the middle and the Irish won 26-24.

We were told before the field goal attempt that there was only one second left!

You just can't make up endings like that one! :)

Edited by PHJIndy

Corydon Central vs Evansville Memorial 2011 regional game

Corydon won 47-41 in ot had a huge first half lead came out second half and lost the lead tied it up late then wins it in OT in Corydons first ever regional appearance

2014 Pike vs. Ben Davis (Regular Season)

2002 Warren Central vs. Ben Davis (Regional)

That might be my favorite BD athletic event.

I agree.

I will add the 2000 sectional championship game BD vs Decatur Central. James Banks and the Giants surgically move the ball down the field to win in the final seconds. The Pike game this year was very similar. I was on the field (bench :lol:) for the 2000 sectional championship and the 2002 regional.

1999 Snider Northrop. This is a rivalry that's seen less than a good share of competitive games within the last two decades. This particular year Northrop was a favorite for the first time in awhile to win the conference. Snider graduated a load of talent and wasn't as vigor as they were the year before. Northrop had a standout linebacker/fullback, Ben Rogers,who was in fact a beast.

It's also relevant to add that Snider and Northrop share the same stadium as their home field. This particular year was Snider's home game, but Northrop decided to wear their solid burnt orange home uniforms on this night. The stadium was at overflow capacity with more people along the grass than I have seen for recent Snider Dwenger games.

Northrop jumped out to a 14-0 lead with Snider doing nothing on offense. On the ensuing kickoff Snider ran a reverse return and got into the red zone where they were finally able to get in the house. Northrop took a 21-7 lead into the locker room after they scored a TD on a reverse.

All of the Snider coaches were furious at halftime...including Russ Isaacs.

In the second half, Snider toughened up on defense, holding Northrop to 0 points in that half. At one point in the third quarter I remember Ben Rogers carrying the ball and three Snider defenders struggling to take him down.

Snider scored three second half touchdowns, all of which were passes to Snider receiver Davon Fowlkes; including the go ahead touchdown with about 20 seconds left in regulation. Snider won the game 28-21, and eventually the conference, as Northrop finished in second this year.

Anybody see that Cass Andrean 7 OT Regional Game in 07????   

My top games that stick out from the sidelines were 05 Jimtown, 05 Sheridan, 09 Wheeler 

Anybody see that Cass Andrean 7 OT Regional Game in 07????   

My top games that stick out from the sidelines were 05 Jimtown, 05 Sheridan, 09 Wheeler 

05 Jimtown for sure. Both OT thrillers against Judson in 04 as well. Garrett in 03. Regional game against Bremen in 2010 if I'm not mistaken. The Bombers have had their fair share of great games no question. 

Hard to say been attending, participating, volunteering etc. since I was a small child back in the mid 70s.  Last years 4A New Prairie @ East Chicago regional game was one of the best I've seen most recently.  

November '77 Portage beat defending AAA state champion Merrillville 3-0 in the sectional and eventually win state was one I'll never forget from my younger days.

Portage FB Joe Christian setting a then school single game rushing reord with 365 yards against Hobart in front of 10,000+ at the Brickie Bowl in 1994 stands out.  That old Brickie mystique was never seemed quite the same to me after watching that one.

Edited by tommy

05 Jimtown for sure. Both OT thrillers against Judson in 04 as well. Garrett in 03. Regional game against Bremen in 2010 if I'm not mistaken. The Bombers have had their fair share of great games no question.

I worked that 2003 game vs. Garrett. What a finish!

• Upvote 2

I agree.

I will add the 2000 sectional championship game BD vs Decatur Central. James Banks and the Giants surgically move the ball down the field to win in the final seconds. The Pike game this year was very similar. I was on the field (bench :lol:) for the 2000 sectional championship and the 2002 regional.

Thought of that on Saturday.  As I recall, Mr. Banks had zero timeouts, and an unsportsmanlike penalty helped out.

Just watched that Carmel/Warren clip that was posted...WOW!  That touchdown call might be the worst I've seen in any football game.  He was about a yard out of bounds.  Unreal!

Should have seen the call I saw last week... player A fumbles into the endzone as he is tackled by the other team. Another player on player A's team recovers in the end zone. Touchdown! Wait. What? Pretty sure that has been a rule for about 2 decades now. Not calling anyone out, we all make mistakes, but man that's rough unless you are on team A. LOL

Tie between

09 5A state championship game warren vs Carmel

03 Reginal warren vs Ben Davis

04 Reginal warren Vs. Ben Davis

All correct.

This is also when I discovered the GID. I was only a sophomore in HS back then. Very controversial game. I saw various Pioneer students and fans crying afterward.

11-13-09 Luers 54-Cass Kings 53 double overtime !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reginal championship.....................thriller !!!!!!!!!!!

I remember listening to it on the radio and turning it off because I was busy. I came back an hour later and was very surprised that the game was still going. I remember that Cass would have won had they not been using a 4th or 5th string freshman kicker.

As a player: 2004, Beech Grove 16-West Vigo 13 (first win for BG since late 2002)

As a coach: 2008, Yorktown 22-Western 21 (Yorktown went for 2 and the win late in the 4th to advance to Sectional Final)

As a fan: 2002, Ben Davis 35-Warren Central 28 OT (Regionals)