Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

EIAC Week 2

It isn't an incredibly exciting week in the EIAC this week, but let's take a look at the match-ups: 

Franklin Co at Connersville

Connersville goes to 2-0, and sends FC home 0-2. Long road ahead for FC if they can't get QB1 back. 

Geenfield Central at Greensburg

Same story here but it will be GC going home 2-0 and Greensburg dropping to 0-2 on their new turf. 

Rushville at Shelbyville 

Fortunately it's a short ride home for Rushville. I think they find their 2nd loss of the season and move to 0-2. 

Milan at Batesville

Milan picks up their first loss of the year against the Bulldogs. I think the Indians have the better program, and will get better throughout the season, but they can't hang with the big dogs this year. 

Lawrenceburg at Taylor

Lawreburg are not the Tigers of last year, but I'm not sure what Taylor has. I'm going with Taylor simply because I know the Tigers have had some injury issues.

Harrison at East Central

Can we stop calling this a rivalry now? JV Trojans join the party just after the half while Mr Football finishes the game signing autographs in the stands. Won't be close. 

Madison at South Dearborn

Ahh...inflatable helmets, smoke machines, and taco trucks will be a plenty at the Knkghts Templar, but will it bring KFI a much needed win? But Madison hasn't shown much hope either, so this could be the toilet bowl of the week. But I'm gonna put my faith in KFI and say Knights by one. Could be 7-6, could be 100-99. Anything is possible in this one! 

2 minutes ago, Trojan Man said:

It isn't an incredibly exciting week in the EIAC this week, but let's take a look at the match-ups: 

Connersville goes to 2-0, and sends FC home 0-2. Long road ahead for FC if they can't get QB1 back. 

Geenfield Central at Greensburg

Same story here but it will be GC going home 2-0 and Greensburg dropping to 0-2 on their new turf. 

Rushville at Shelbyville 

Fortunately it's a short ride home for Rushville. I think they find their 2nd loss of the season and move to 0-2. 

Milan at Batesville

Milan picks up their first loss of the year against the Bulldogs. I think the Indians have the better program, and will get better throughout the season, but they can't hang with the big dogs this year. 

Lawrenceburg at Taylor

Lawreburg are not the Tigers of last year, but I'm not sure what Taylor has. I'm going with Taylor simply because I know the Tigers have had some injury issues.

Harrison at East Central

Can we stop calling this a rivalry now? JV Trojans join the party just after the half while Mr Football finishes the game signing autographs in the stands. Won't be close. 

Madison at South Dearborn

Ahh...inflatable helmets, smoke machines, and taco trucks will be a plenty at the Knkghts Templar, but will it bring KFI a much needed win? But Madison hasn't shown much hope either, so this could be the toilet bowl of the week. But I'm gonna put my faith in KFI and say Knights by one. Could be 7-6, could be 100-99. Anything is possible in this one! 

As someone who doesn’t know much about East Central aside from their football program, do all sports generally dominate the EIAC or is it a little more even across the board?

31 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

As someone who doesn’t know much about East Central aside from their football program, do all sports generally dominate the EIAC or is it a little more even across the board?

We dominate in football, but other sports are more even. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Trojan Man said:

Qb1 is out for the year on offense, needs surgery on his throwing hand. Quite a few underclassmen getting playing time right now. 

Last week was a tough week for the EIAC. Batesville and East Central came out firing but it appears everyone else was stuck in first gear. Biggest disappointment of week 1 goes to the Blue Dragons of Greensburg being slayed by the Golden Bears. Most impressive week 1 performance goes to the Bulldogs of Batesville with their impressive win over The Creek. This week we dive into the world of predictor tools. Here are the projections for this week’s EIAC Matchups according to the CalPreps Predictor Tool. 

Franklin County (Brookville, IN) 28 (81%), [2023] Connersville (IN) 14 (19%)-I disagree. CalPreps doesn’t have access to the injury report and the Wildcats are banged up. I will take Connersville by 14. 

Greenfield-Central (Greenfield, IN) 48 (>99%), [2023] Greensburg (IN) 6 (<1%)-Agree with the outcome but not the score. Greenfield-Central may have 48 by halftime. The only way they don’t score more is if coach rests his starters in the second half. 

East Central (St. Leon, IN) 62 (>99%), [2023] Harrison [William Henry] (Harrison, OH) 0 (<1%)-What used too be a great rivalry has turned into a pretty 1 sided affair. When was the last time Harrison won or made a game of it? The score will depend on how long Coach Meiners lets the boys play. With a legit Mr. Football Candidate I say let Ringer and the boys play into the 4th quarter. 

Lawrenceburg (IN) 48 (>99%), [2023] Taylor (Cleves, OH) 0 (<1%)-Once again I agree with the outcome but not the score. The Yellow Jackets are a scrappy team and no way they let the Tigers score 48 on their home field. I’m thinking something more along the lines of 36-6. 

South Dearborn (Aurora, IN) 28 (81%), [2023] Madison (IN) 14 (19%)-What happened to the Knights? The up and coming program in Southeast Indiana appears to have been a one year wonder. Madison puts up a fight but the Knights get back on track with a 21-18 victory over the Cubs. 

Batesville (IN) 28 (81%), [2023] Milan (IN) 14 (19%)-Batesville is my pick to win the small school division and Milan looks to be very young. The Milan Wing-T Spinner Hybrid is not yet the well oiled machine that Batesville was when they were running it. I will take Batesville 42-7.

Shelbyville (IN) 31 (58%), [2023] Rushville (IN) 28 (42%)-Shelbyville continues to roll under their new leadership and Rushville is struggling to make parts of the Lawrenceburg offense their own. Maybe they can call coach Manford next week and he can get them coached up on that Tiger Sweep Play. Shelbyville 42 Rushville 14.

Franklin County vs Connersville:

The wildcats defense will have to play tough for them this week and the rest of the season due to QB1 being out. Connersville have speed in the backfield and will try to run the ball against FC. I don't see them having too much success on the ground. Connersville will have to air the ball out if they want to have a chance to win but that's not their DNA. This will probably be the lowest scoring game in the EIAC this week.     FC- 20   Connersville- 13

Greenfield-Central vs Greensburg: 

I was surprised Greensburg took one on the chin last week against Shelbyville. I expected it to be a much closer game with how much the new coach is hyping up the program... Based off last weeks performance I don't see this being any different. GC is a solid program and beat the pirates 44-0 last year. Similar result this time around again.     GC- 41    Pirates- 7

Harrison (OH) vs East Central:

Much like everyone has already said... this won't be a game. EC will put up however many they like. I'd give EC a 34 point spread and they cover!   EC-45   Harrison-10

Lawrenceburg vs Taylor (OH)

Don't know much about L-burg still. I didn't think they were that great of a team last year. It helps when you're in a bad sectional and you end up playing a team with a losing record in semi-state (Monrovia 6-8). Lawrenceburg will find a way however to scrap by with a win. Stinky Stinky 1..2..3 where ya at....    L-Burg: 28    Taylor: 17

Madison vs South Dearborn

The knights get rolled with one and look to get back in the win column week two. If not this week I don't see a potential win until week 4. Things will not be well in knight country who had high hopes this year after winning small school EIAC conference last year. Some type of conference alignment needs to happen with the 3a and 4a schools. With East Central and Connersville being the only 4A schools in the conference. That's besides the point. South Dearborn get the win against a very bad Madison team.        Knights- 34    Madison-14

Milan vs Batesville: 

This is my game of the week involving an EIAC school. Milan is a better team than people give them credit for. Batesville has bigger size from when I've seen them compared to Milan. However, there is something about Milan that makes me want to pick them this week. I think they will have to relay on lots of play-action and more passing than they want if they will win against the bulldogs. Batesville will relay on their 6'4 plus wideout to make plays down the field....    Milan-28     Batesville- 24

Rushville vs Shelbyville:

Rushville added this game to the schedule last year in hopes of picking up one of their two yearly wins. They managed to scrape by last year in a high scoring affair but that won't be the case this season. Shelbyville surprised a lot of people and will hand it to the lions this week and try to build their program back to what it was several years ago around when Coach Parks was under the helm.      Shelbyville-31      Rushville-17