Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

R.I.P. Hall of Fame Coach Sartini

Condolences to the family and friends of Coach Sartini.

Coach is the Uncle of my best high school buddy, Frank Sartini, who was a key member of our undefeated 1978 Highland Trojans football team.  Frank was a regular 2 way player at running back and free safety, and we lost him to a broken ankle in week 3 in a rugged 10-7 win over a very solid Bishop Noll team.

I never met Coach Sartini, but was very close with his younger brother Larry, Frank's dad.

Attached is a classic photo of the two Sartini brothers when they were stationed in Germany.

God bless the Sartini's and comfort them in their loss.

-3327221817791103766.jpg

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2019/08/05/indiana-providence-high-school-football-coach-gene-sartini-dies-age-88/1922015001/

""Other than my personal family, no one has had more influence on my personal and professional life and everything," Denison said. "The amazing thing is you could ask any one of his former players in the 40 years that he was coaching here and they would tell you the same statement. It says a lot about the man — how great of a man he was and great of a coach he was."

I'd second Larry's statement.  My son played for him and coached for him, he would not be half the man he has grown to be without Coach Sartini's guidance.