Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Early Signing Day: Post Your Indiana High School players

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Markice Hurt Jr.  (Michigan City Class of 2017) has transferred from Ball State to Grand Valley State University.

He will be rejoining his cousin Aryuan Cain-Veasey (Buck) in the backfield for the Lakers.

Hey Tommy

What is the plan for the boys?  Will they be sharing time in the same backfield, splitting reps, switching positions, competing for playing time?

2 hours ago, DT said:

Hey Tommy

What is the plan for the boys?  Will they be sharing time in the same backfield, splitting reps, switching positions, competing for playing time?

They will be splitting reps.  GVSU runs a single back offense.  Would not be surprised to see Markice line up as a slot receiver.  Looking forward to an encore presentation of the Buck and Hurt show.  They are going to set the NCAA Division II college football world on fire..

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They will be splitting reps.  GVSU runs a single back offense.  Would not be surprised to see Markice line up as a slot receiver.  Looking forward to an encore presentation of the Buck and Hurt show.  They are going to set the NCAA Division II college football world on fire..

Fantastic and congratulations!

Do either have pro potential possibly thru the draft or as an unsigned free agent?

1 minute ago, DT said:

Fantastic and congratulations!

Do either have pro potential possibly thru the draft or as an unsigned free agent?

They still have 2 years of college eligibility left.  I tell everyone that they are going to come back to MC and take over the program.      They are entering their 15th consecutive year of playing organized football.

They have plans to get into personal training and strength and conditioning.  One of their mentors is a guy named Eric Griffin who they attribute much of their success.  Eric Griffin should have a show on ESPN similar to Mr. Olympia Lee Haney’s workout.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

I politely declined an opportunity in 1998 to Minnesota State,   It was so hard to tell Coach Dobber no, but did what I had to do, just could not find it within my heart to be a Screaming Eagle

:classic_biggrin:

Minnesota State Mavericks are the reigning 2019 NCAA Division II National Runner Ups.

https://msumavericks.com/sports/football/schedule/2019

• 1 month later...

Buck's image and likeness is being prominently featured on the Grand Valley State Football season ticket renewal marketing material sent out via the United States Postal Service to season ticket holders. Very cool.

It has been my goal and desire for Buck to become the marketing and promotional face of the GVSU football program during his college years and be featured like pocket schedules, magnet schedules, schedule posters, game programs, marketing promotions, team apparel, give-a-ways and other like items and am expecting to see more of this in the future.

Scan0003.jpg

Scan0008.jpg