Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Young Pike Defensive End Earns 1st D1 Offer

42 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

If I am not mistaken, Luellen is working in Nashville with a former Bomber in a facility that specializes in football development, speed/strength, they help train guys getting ready for NFL and local college/HS kids as well. 

When St Joe was open in Rensselaer, I was always hoping they would hire Football coaches in their 40-60's age range, so they could bring hopefully their wonderful football playing son(s), instead they hired young guys in the mid 20s, granted they were also very good coaches, but clearly didn't have those teenage boys to give to the Bomber program!!! 

I was a Puma under Coach Bill Jennings. He was late 40s, early 50s I believe.   

40 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Probably overall....although Oklahoma may feel differently about the Army team last season.

Again, I am not sure why the negativity of playing D1 ball outside the Power 5.  I can think of a number of Power 5 programs that wish they would have had success similar to programs such as Army, Navy, Northern Illinois, Marshall, Western Michigan, Air Force, Ohio, etc.  You ever check NFL rosters and count up the players that excelled at non-Power 5 programs.  The most important thing is to get on the field.

I'm not being negative on non P5 programs.   I simply stated that overall, cg grads have failed to make a significant impact at P5 programs

Yes, there are a few exceptions.   I think we can both agree that IU and Vandy both straddle the line between the. Very bottom of the P5 and the very top of the next level

Auckerman has probably had the most productive college career of any CG grad in terms of playing time and contribution to overall team goals and success