Alec Castillo – So. – LB

HONORABLE MENTION
Robert Gonzalez – DL – Andrean
Marc Enslen – RB/DB – Hobart
Ivan Wright – OL/DL – KV
Cam Stojancevich – QB – Lowell
Hugo Miranda – OL/DL – Highland
Noah Hensley – QB/WR/DB – Munster

KV’s 2nd teamer, ILL-EE-YUH, super neat kid, has the best mullet this side of PRIME TIME Billy Ray Cyrus. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DE said:

KV’s 2nd teamer, ILL-EE-YUH, super neat kid, has the best mullet this side of PRIME TIME Billy Ray Cyrus. 

Where is that program heading?  Got to like the progress they made this season.  Are more kids getting interested due to the recent success?  Do you expect the HFC to stick around and continue to build?

The NCC needs a good and growing KV program.  Now if we could just get Munster and Highland to pull their weight.  

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Where is that program heading?  Got to like the progress they made this season.  Are more kids getting interested due to the recent success?  Do you expect the HFC to stick around and continue to build?

The NCC needs a good and growing KV program.  Now if we could just get Munster and Highland to pull their weight.  

I really don’t know to be honest. Ever since I got into officiating, i don’t spend much time following KV football besides chatting w players I have in class. I think coach nowlin may know better than I being in the coaching “circles”. 

They did have a very nice regular season it appears. 

I wouldn’t see why KV’s HFB coach would go anywhere. 

From my coaching experience at KV, our short term goal was to get AND STAY in the top tier of the conference. We only did this once. But we never beat Andrean. Shoulda. Woulda. Coulda in 2012. We just continued to block the incorrect inside mlb on our blast play. It was completely the OL coaches fault (ME). 

We had a back breaking pick 6. We lost 33-13. 

We ended in a 3 way tie for NCC Champs and then went out and laid an egg (destroyed by Hobart 38-0) in sectionals at our place. Different story for a different day. 

1 hour ago, DT said:

They seem to load up on a lot of small schools with their non conference schedule. They play Rensselaer (2A), my school Wheeler (2A), North Newton (2A), and South Bend Washington (3A). Only conference wins were Highland (4-5) and Munster (1-9). Lost to Andrean, Hobart, and Lowell. Lost in first round of sectionals to Culver Military. They finished 6-4 and Sagarin was 111. I really like a lot of the evaluations you make DT at times but I don’t see it on this one. I think you would agree for 4A KV to take a true step up they should strengthen that non conference schedule with a few 5A/6A schools. How about Crown Point, Michigan City or even Mishawaka? Just my 2 cents. Merry Christmas!

2 hours ago, Spock said:

They seem to load up on a lot of small schools with their non conference schedule. They play Rensselaer (2A), my school Wheeler (2A), North Newton (2A), and South Bend Washington (3A). Only conference wins were Highland (4-5) and Munster (1-9). Lost to Andrean, Hobart, and Lowell. Lost in first round of sectionals to Culver Military. They finished 6-4 and Sagarin was 111. I really like a lot of the evaluations you make DT at times but I don’t see it on this one. I think you would agree for 4A KV to take a true step up they should strengthen that non conference schedule with a few 5A/6A schools. How about Crown Point, Michigan City or even Mishawaka? Just my 2 cents. Merry Christmas!

accurate assessment.

4 hours ago, Spock said:

Agree completely.  KV can go in many directions looking for good non con competition

West Lafayette

McCutcheon

Harrison

New Prairie

Laporte

Michigan City

Morton

Mish Marian

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Agree completely.  KV can go in many directions looking for good non con competition

West Lafayette

McCutcheon

Harrison

New Prairie

Laporte

Michigan City

Morton

Mish Marian

I would've liked to pick up Twin Lakes when I was coaching.  I saw they had an opening.  Do not know what week or if it would even be a possibility.

KV does play Harrison in a bunch of sports.