Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MDAlum82

2A - Sect. 40: Mater Dei @ Southridge - "Like deja vu all over again!"

I thought we ought to start a new thread for this much anticipated game...

Mater Dei will once again make the trek to Huntingburg to face the Raiders...It is a path the Cats know well having played at SR each of the past 4 years in the sectional. 

Like Yogi Berra said, it's like deja' vu all over again.

Mater Dei seems to be hitting its stride in recent weeks.  SR will be w/o one of its top players, Conner Craig, who is out for season with a knee injury.  No matter,

the Raiders always seem to have what it takes against the Cats.

Last year SR dominated the line on both sides of the ball in building a big first half lead.  MD could not overcome the slow start, falling to the Raiders 21-19. 

Hopefully MD can use the revenge factor to come out strong in this game!   Game start was listed as 6:30 pm CDT in this morning's paper. 

Question for SR fans:  are there any wheelchair areas in the visiting stands or nearby? 

I'll take a stab at it. 28-17 MD. Unfortunately I'm uneasy about the game, so no real guarantees. All I'm willing to bet would be cherry ski or maybe even a signed Nate Wildeman MD jersey.

Moonshiner - nice throwback reference to Nate "Sled dog" Wildeman - his legacy lives!  Every time someone brings his name up,

I get a flashback to the opening play of the 2000 State Championship vs Luers where he rumbled about 50 yds off left tackle! 

That play really helped set the tone for the rest of the game.  Hopefully we can come out in similar fashion come Friday night.

Must admit to being nervous about facing the Raiders and their single wing attack. I hope the 'Cats come out with a purpose! 

My prediction for the game:  BLACK home jerseys, the darkest football you've every seen, & GREAT food & hospitality at the

concession stand, but, in the end, MD prevails 28 - 14 - mostly due to our defense coming up BIG once again!

MDAlum82,

In reference to the wheelchair question, I would contact Southridge AD Brett Bardwell by email.  bardwellb@swdubois.k12.in.us

I obviously don't represent Southridge, but I know Brett and I know he'll get back with you and do whatever he can to accommodate fans with any kind of special needs.   I think email is probably best because AD's are very busy this time of year and aren't always easy to reach by phone. 

MD is too much for Southridge without Craig. I see them as better than they were last year, especially on defense, while Southridge appears to be a notch lower. I will take MD by 17.

southridge has more then craig missing he is just the one everyone knows about. not to dis my dubois coiunty brethren but i see md in a big way.

• Downvote 1

Thanks Bcaster, I will reach out to Mr. Bardwell directly  I have always found the SR folks to be great people to deal with despite the rivalry!

We have two long-time (40 yrs +) MD boosters we take to the games.  Their mobility may be hampered somewhat but their support of Mater Dei is absolutely unwavering!  I would like to do my best to accommodate them, if possible.

Good Luck to both teams for a well-played, injury free game!

Edited by MDAlum82

I'd say the black jerseys and great food would be accurate. If its the darkest football ever, that would be the officials fault for not throwing it out!!! Should be a great game! Look forward to making the trip across the county!

Swing by the gaslight and get some "pizza by the pound" and a cold beverage before the game!

My last comment wan meant for jhswildcat79aks by the way!     :rolleyes:

Just be careful with the brats. Last ones were medium rare...at best. I'm sticking with the burgers and bean soup.

Everyone knows you get the BBQ pork chops at Southridge. What are you? Some West Sider, who eats cheeseburgers on donuts and brain sandwiches?!?!

Get out of here with that bull!

My prediction for the game:  BLACK home jerseys, the darkest football you've every seen, & GREAT food & hospitality at the

concession stand, but, in the end, MD prevails 28 - 14 - mostly due to our defense coming up BIG once again!

Heritage Hills wore all blue for a couple games this season wearing blue pants instead of the normal red with their blue jerseys. I'm pulling for our conference rivals but with all the injury's its a tall task against a very good Mater Dei team. 

Will be a coolest night of the year for football!!  Looking forward to a great game!  I'm sure it will be a packed house. 

the coolest night!

Bcster - Mr Bardwell was a big help in getting the info I needed.  Thx for the assist.

For fans of both teams who are unable to attend the game, it will be streamed online @  www.wbdc.us and on radio at 100.9 WBDC FM

Edited by MDAlum82