Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hagerstown to represent Indiana at Little League World Series after walk-off regional win

Not high school baseball, but I thought it deserved a mention anyway:  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2022/08/12/2022-little-league-world-series-hagerstown-indiana-baseball-team/65401437007/

With a 1-1 count, Graham got a high fastball to his liking, and he barreled it to the left-field wall. As Troutwine stomped on home plate, Hagerstown defeated Kentucky 4-3 and punched its ticket to Williamsport, Pennsylvania.

Hagerstown is the first Indiana team to make it to the LLWS since New Castle in 2012. Interestingly, Hagerstown run-ruled New Castle twice in the district tournament this year. That’s when Patrick knew he had a team that could go a long way.

“The first three practices, I knew we were solid pitching,” Patrick said. “We got into districts, and I was like, ‘This is something here. This is really something.’ Going through districts and then state, I could see it, I could smell it, I could taste it. When we got here and got that first win, it was like, ‘Yeah, this is special.’”

Hagerstown, now representing the Great Lakes Region, will continue its special run in its first game of the LLWS at 3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18, against the winner of the Midwest Region.

Now is a time to celebrate for the Tigers, and what they just accomplished might not hit them until they get to Williamsport.

“At some point, I’m going to wake up,” Patrick Vinson said.

Congratulations to the Tigers.

• Like 1