Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Clay Conner commits to football at IU

Clay Conner, a 6’5” Quarterback and Safety out of Boonville, has committed to play with the Indiana Hoosiers football program next season. Conner is being recruited as an ATH, and plans to play on the defensive side of the ball. He committed with the program on February 25th, 2023.

Full story with quotes from Clay at: https://southernindianasportsnetwork.com/2023/03/03/boonvilles-clay-conner-commits-to-play-football-with-the-indiana-hoosiers/

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Southern Indiana needs more kids to take the challenge and bet on themselves if the opportunity presents itself. 
Mockobee & Conner coming from the same HS as well as Allen coming from the same conference. I root for all the kids taking their shot at the next level. We have some great coaches in the 812 to help these kids chase dreams. 

34 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Southern Indiana needs more kids to take the challenge and bet on themselves if the opportunity presents itself. 
Mockobee & Conner coming from the same HS as well as Allen coming from the same conference. I root for all the kids taking their shot at the next level. We have some great coaches in the 812 to help these kids chase dreams. 

I think taking a preferred walkon is great for some tweeners and not so good for others....it depends on many many factors.  For example, I might try to persuade some kids to take the DII or NAIA money especially if the school is strong in a field of academic interest for the kid.  Getting on the practice field for an FBS school and starting at an FBS school are two different ball games.....so it really depends on a kid's goals are what the right choice is.  I am sure Clay made the right choice for him.

• Like 2