Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Columbus North vs Columbus East Rivalry

He’s a good player for sure.

East certainly doesn’t have the athletes in the upper grades to match CN now, that’s for sure.

Questioning loyalty?  Come on man.

The latest is CN football players going to elementary schools in jersey recruiting kids during recess, during the school day.  They were at my son’s school (which is in East district), asked him which school he liked, then argued with him about how North was better.  A high schooler, with a 5th grader, at his elem school, during his recess.  It’s getting ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

He’s a good player for sure.

East certainly doesn’t have the athletes in the upper grades to match CN now, that’s for sure.

Questioning loyalty?  Come on man.

The latest is CN football players going to elementary schools in jersey recruiting kids during recess, during the school day.  They were at my son’s school (which is in East district), asked him which school he liked, then argued with him about how North was better.  A high schooler, with a 5th grader, at his elem school, during his recess.  It’s getting ridiculous.

There is no "East" district. 

North going to Elementary schools to read. They aren't there to recruit, Yes maybe one 16 year old took a fun discussion too far at recess once. Eeeesh. 

5th grade= 11 years old, HS FR are 14/15 and stupidly immature. Really not that preposterous. 

They weren't sent there to "recruit" elementary school kids. lol 

Truthfully... if I were an East fan I would be a lot more pissed off about the stunt your XC coach pulled against North than anything else North is doing right now. Probably the weakest move I've ever heard of by a HC. 

On 8/25/2023 at 10:30 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Columbus North leans on “we are a 6A school”, and “we play big boy football”.  They have 1 6A team on their schedule and it’s Southport who hasn’t won a game in over 2 years.

But they do play a significantly better schedule than East, currently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

There is no "East" district. 

North going to Elementary schools to read. They aren't there to recruit, Yes maybe one 16 year old took a fun discussion too far at recess once. Eeeesh. 

5th grade= 11 years old, HS FR are 14/15 and stupidly immature. Really not that preposterous. 

They weren't sent there to "recruit" elementary school kids. lol 

Truthfully... if I were an East fan I would be a lot more pissed off about the stunt your XC coach pulled against North than anything else North is doing right now. Probably the weakest move I've ever heard of by a HC. 

But they do play a significantly better schedule than East, currently. 

There absolutely is an East and North district.  While all of Indiana is open enrollment, bus service is provided in certain areas to only one high school or the other.  

The north players at my son’s elem didn’t read to the kids(maybe they did to the younger grades?) they were on the playground with the older kids at recess.

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

There absolutely is an East and North district.  While all of Indiana is open enrollment, bus service is provided in certain areas to only one high school or the other.  

The north players at my son’s elem didn’t read to the kids(maybe they did to the younger grades?) they were on the playground with the older kids at recess.

There is no East and North district. 

How awful to have role models, successful young people, at recess with your child. I can't imagine the teachers ever needing a break/help with an elementary student. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulldog15 said:

They were promoting the youth football night that took place this Friday. East would have the same opportunity to promote their youth night. It’s just a fun way to get football players out in the community and encourage kids.

Expand that thought… say every sport does the same thing.  Elem kids spend every day with hs kids in front of them during their recess times.  It’s crazy.  Leave the youth alone.  With every post I make, it seems you are trying to engage me with east could do this or that… 

What would satisfy the north people?  I’ll go so far to say you win.  So what now?  You have a school that has 2200 kids, 750 more than East.  You seem bent on driving the East community into the ground.  Why?  We live in the same neighborhood.  Is the goal seeing one part of your community beaten and defeated?  Suggesting East people should quit supporting their community and school because the Northies win a couple games? Doesn’t make sense.  Rethink their loyalties?  Absurd.  The east community(and north) is what they are because they are loyal, a win here of there won’t change that.

6 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Expand that thought… say every sport does the same thing.  Elem kids spend every day with hs kids in front of them during their recess times.  It’s crazy.  Leave the youth alone.  With every post I make, it seems you are trying to engage me with east could do this or that… 

What would satisfy the north people?  I’ll go so far to say you win.  So what now?  You have a school that has 2200 kids, 750 more than East.  You seem bent on driving the East community into the ground.  Why?  We live in the same neighborhood.  Is the goal seeing one part of your community beaten and defeated?  Suggesting East people should quit supporting their community and school because the Northies win a couple games? Doesn’t make sense.  Rethink their loyalties?  Absurd.  The east community(and north) is what they are because they are loyal, a win here of there won’t change that.

The bold is absolutely wild to say. 

As a teacher myself, and one that taught in the elementary school, literally I would love to have HS kids every day at recess. 

You seem to be the only one bent out of shape about this whole discussion. I mean, you're upset over kids helping out your kids teachers. 

8 hours ago, Bulldog15 said:

They were promoting the youth football night that took place this Friday. East would have the same opportunity to promote their youth night. It’s just a fun way to get football players out in the community and encourage kids.

How horrific

13 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

The bold is absolutely wild to say. 

As a teacher myself, and one that taught in the elementary school, literally I would love to have HS kids every day at recess. 

You seem to be the only one bent out of shape about this whole discussion. I mean, you're upset over kids helping out your kids teachers. 

How horrific

Tragic, even. 

• Like 1