Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

N.I.C. Week # 3 - 1/3 point of regular season

20 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

St. Joe beat Washington 51-0.  it was 45-0 at half.  SJ blocked 3 punts one for a TD other 2 deep in Panther territory.  WHS is going to need a massive culture change like Riley is going through to turn the tide.

Cathedral lead Penn35-0 at hslf and ended up winning 35-6.  From the radio people the Irish dominated

The issue is Washington didn't look this terrible under Stammich. Stammich was still a middle school coach to his core. But, he stressed the basic fundamentals and his teams did not look this horrendous. The Panthers dropped to Clay's level over night. Washington's PF 19 PA 126.....Clay PF 30 PA 135. Culture is instilled the day you walk into the building after accepting the position. Darrick Lee took over a program where the kids were running the show. You have to dive deep and see who Coach Johnson's DC and OC were in his conference title season. Then look at what happened immediately after they left. You have to surround yourself with quality coaches with actual football IQ at every position. Only change any of us has seen is that their media department splurged for the Gold Level Adobe Photoshop. There is a strong possibility Washington ends its season 1-9 and a slight possibility they struggle against Clay and go 0-10. Either way the West Side better figure it out before Adams and Riley consume most of the freshmen talent next season. Clay might close its doors next year but will live on in spirit in the West Side if things don't get figured out immediately.

On 9/1/2023 at 5:40 PM, npcougar15 said:

Penn

New Prairie

Elkhart

Riley

Washington

Adams

Marian

St. Joe

Man that's a brutal schedule for Penn (in a bad way). This conference is on borrowed time; or at least I hope it is

What is the solution....Penn go independent to accomplish what? going .500 or below every year....Let's face it they will never be on Center Grove's level, until you bring in a Center Grove type head coach. Penn's what 1/2-6 in out of state games in the past few years.....4 loses to valpo....4 loses to Cathedral....2 to New Prairie....barely beat a 4A East Noble 2 years ago....lost to 3A Mish Marian. Penn needs that schedule more then those teams need their once a year ticket revenue. Not like most of those teams can't sell a few tubs of cookies to make up the difference.

54 minutes ago, Bucksweep22 said:

What is the solution....Penn go independent to accomplish what? going .500 or below every year....Let's face it they will never be on Center Grove's level, until you bring in a Center Grove type head coach. Penn's what 1/2-6 in out of state games in the past few years.....4 loses to valpo....4 loses to Cathedral....2 to New Prairie....barely beat a 4A East Noble 2 years ago....lost to 3A Mish Marian. Penn needs that schedule more then those teams need their once a year ticket revenue. Not like most of those teams can't sell a few tubs of cookies to make up the difference.

There is absolutely no reason for Penn to play Washington and Riley. 

And what is so terrible about Penn going independent in football? Am I suppose to feel bad if Penn goes .500 or below every year vs a level playing field? Trust me I'm not going to lose sleep over it. What is being accomplished when Penn is beating Washington 45-0 at the end of the first quarter every year? a few hundred bucks more in gate money? 

2 hours ago, Bucksweep22 said:

The issue is Washington didn't look this terrible under Stammich. Stammich was still a middle school coach to his core. But, he stressed the basic fundamentals and his teams did not look this horrendous. The Panthers dropped to Clay's level over night. Washington's PF 19 PA 126.....Clay PF 30 PA 135. Culture is instilled the day you walk into the building after accepting the position. Darrick Lee took over a program where the kids were running the show. You have to dive deep and see who Coach Johnson's DC and OC were in his conference title season. Then look at what happened immediately after they left. You have to surround yourself with quality coaches with actual football IQ at every position. Only change any of us has seen is that their media department splurged for the Gold Level Adobe Photoshop. There is a strong possibility Washington ends its season 1-9 and a slight possibility they struggle against Clay and go 0-10. Either way the West Side better figure it out before Adams and Riley consume most of the freshmen talent next season. Clay might close its doors next year but will live on in spirit in the West Side if things don't get figured out immediately.

I will agree with the culture.  There was little teaching/coaching last night.  Lot of coaching bodies but not much as I saw working to improve.  Their fundementals are not sound. I wonder how bad Gary West is since WHS beat them soundly.  I have not seen Clay but Clay seems more sound at QB than WHS

I’ll admit to never coaching football a day in my life. But how the heck do you as a coach allow for a punt to get blocked 3 times in 1 game? I mean once? Ok it happens. Twice? Maybe. But after that you should be able to figure out how to not let it happen again unless it’s just bad snaps. Even then put someone else in. 

10 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

I will agree with the culture.  There was little teaching/coaching last night.  Lot of coaching bodies but not much as I saw working to improve.  Their fundementals are not sound. I wonder how bad Gary West is since WHS beat them soundly.  I have not seen Clay but Clay seems more sound at QB than WHS

Wash hasn't beat anyone. They played Hammond Central and lost 34-12? Riley played Gary West Side and won 48-12

4 hours ago, Bucksweep22 said:

Wash hasn't beat anyone. They played Hammond Central and lost 34-12? Riley played Gary West Side and won 48-12

thanks my correction noted in week 4

13 hours ago, PantherPride said:

I’ll admit to never coaching football a day in my life. But how the heck do you as a coach allow for a punt to get blocked 3 times in 1 game? I mean once? Ok it happens. Twice? Maybe. But after that you should be able to figure out how to not let it happen again unless it’s just bad snaps. Even then put someone else in. 

Well it was nothing fancy just rush to the kicker and not doing a good job with adjustments tec.  Plus punter mishandled a snap early or could have been 4