Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Rumble in the Jungle (Northeast Indiana style)

No, I'm not talking about the game in Fort Wayne at Spuller stadium. I'm talking about the game up in Kendallville between East Noble and Leo. If anyone within an hours driving distance wants to see the quality of football in the Northeast 8, look no further than this one. Right now I see this conference as a four team race between East Noble, New Haven, Leo, and Columbia City. Any matchup involving two of these teams is worth attending. The game this Friday in Kendallville will be a rocking atmosphere. Get there early and tailgate. 

East Noble's only blemish this season is a loss to Snider. They showed lots of fight in that game and the fans up there felt the game could have been closer than the score indicated. This will be their first major test in conference, but make no mistake, they are ready for the task at hand. 

Leo was close in a game against Kokomo. In fact, they were up 14-0 at one point. That's not bad considering some think Kokomo is a Top 20 team regardless of class. That's saying something for a 4A program. They also looked pretty good in their game against New Haven, the Bulldogs were just an extra point better in overtime. Throughout that game, I couldn't help but wonder if New Haven is going to be the team up north that gives East Central a run for their money, and Leo was a two point conversion away from beating them. 

I'll be in Fort Wayne at a game that will decide who the real kingpin of the SAC is. But If you're north or northeast of Allen County, take the trip to Kendallville if you're interested in seeing a really good football game. 

I guarantee you the Knights have had this game circled on their calendar for awhile.  Leo has had our number as of late, but I think this is the best team EN has had since 2019.  Maybe not talent wise, but full roster top to bottom.  Every position group on both sides of the ball is improved over last year.  Gonna be a good one!

8 minutes ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

I guarantee you the Knights have had this game circled on their calendar for awhile.  Leo has had our number as of late, but I think this is the best team EN has had since 2019.  Maybe not talent wise, but full roster top to bottom.  Every position group on both sides of the ball is improved over last year.  Gonna be a good one!

Northeast 8 is solid this year. Fun conference to keep an eye on.