• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland
Sign in to follow this  
Bill B

NIC/NSC consolidation fallout: Both Elkhart schools, Penn still looking for 2015 games

Not exactly unexpected, or unavoidable. Elkhart Central, Elkhart Memorial and Penn may end up looking out-of-state for games. Still plenty of time, but the rest of the new NIC schedule is locked and pretty much loaded for 2015.

Elkhart Truth story:  http://ow.ly/BwPeV

Bill B. :blink:

Not exactly unexpected, or unavoidable. Elkhart Central, Elkhart Memorial and Penn may end up looking out-of-state for games. Still plenty of time, but the rest of the new NIC schedule is locked and pretty much loaded for 2015.

Elkhart Truth story:  http://ow.ly/BwPeV

Just quoting the last paragraph of the story for NSC folks: From what will become the old NSC, Glenn kept games with Knox and LaVille, and Bremen has a date with Triton.

When u have an odd number this was to be expected.   Plus the SAC increasing schools hurts.  No one wants to play a Hammond or Gary school.

Penn should contact Birmingham Br Rice and play at Ford Field

They are always looking

Homewood-Flossmoor, IL, many times are looking for their first two games, which would be weeks 2 and 3 for Indiana. .Former Portage coach Craig Buzea now coaching there.

Homewood-Flossmoor, IL, many times are looking for their first two games, which would be weeks 2 and 3 for Indiana. .Former Portage coach Craig Buzea now coaching there.

Homewood-Flossmoor being looked at by Elkhart Memorial. And Penn already has Brother Rice filling one date.

Well, Penn did not duck that team.  Great pick up for them.  If home and home do the Kingsmen get to play at Ford Field?

Homewood-Flossmoor being looked at by Elkhart Memorial. And Penn already has Brother Rice filling one date.

Bill B.  :blink:

That will be a good experience for Elkhart Memorial. . I'd go watch that one. (I  follow HF and Snider)

Edited by TennBobcat

Anybody traveling to HF, It's a nice atmosphere. .There marching and pep bands are outstanding, first class facilities. . There is a Pop's Italian Beef (183rd and Governors Hwy, about a mile north of the school),  that has excellent food for very reasonable prices.. You will probably want to buy the beef by the lb. to go, it is awesome).. .In very quaint, but friendly downtown Flossmoor, there is the Flossmoor Station Brewery with family dining. .(Flossmoor is an upscale, but friendly southside suburb) .. I go there quite frequently.

Edited by TennBobcat

I wish there was a Cathedral vs Penn football game.  I would love that to happen next year! 

That would be an excellent matchup. Definitely would have to see that one too.. :)

I wish there was a Cathedral vs Penn football game.  I would love that to happen next year! 

kf believes that will never happen...for a number of reasons...

kf believes that will never happen...for a number of reasons...

WHy won't it happen?

There is little difference in playing Br Rice then Cathedral

St Joe

and Mishawaka put the Irish on the schedule

Why not the Kingsmen?

Clay is playing 9 NIC teams:  Penn, Elk Cent, St Joe, Mishawaka, Adams, Washington, Riley and which other 2

St Joe has:  Penn, Clay, Adams, Mishawaka, Clay, Marian, Concord, Lafayette Jeff, and Culver Academy (I think)

Edited by Indian72

A few years ago Penn played a home & home with Cleveland St. Ignatius. That would be a great matchup. Or, if the Kingsmen wanted to move up in class a little further, they could try to make a match with my St. Edward Eagles.

Clay is playing 9 NIC teams:  Penn, Elk Cent, St Joe, Mishawaka, Adams, Washington, Riley and which other 2

St Joe has:  Penn, Clay, Adams, Mishawaka, Clay, Marian, Concord, Lafayette Jeff, and Culver Academy (I think)

Clay also is schedule to play Marian and New Prairie.

St. Joe (unofficially) has Concord, Laf. Jeff, Marian, Clay, Central, Penn, Mishawaka, CMA and Adams.

So, any other schools pick up some new teams etc in football?

See where the vote of 8-5 approved a complete schedule where each team will play each other in basketball (g&B)  soccer (g&B) softball and baseball.  Not a vote outcome I would have expected

So, any other schools pick up some new teams etc in football?

See where the vote of 8-5 approved a complete schedule where each team will play each other in basketball (g& B)  soccer (g& B) softball and baseball.  Not a vote outcome I would have expected

I saw that too, but didn't see wrestling on the list.  Anyone know what's happening there?

I saw that too, but didn't see wrestling on the list.  Anyone know what's happening there?

I beleive that in wrestling, cross-country(B&G), swimming(B&G), track(B&G), and tennis(B&G) conference championship will be determined by a conference meet.  The schools will be able to schedule other schools in the conferce for the regular season,if they wish,  but will not count in the conference standings. 

I beleive that in wrestling, cross-country(B&G), swimming(B&G), track(B&G), and tennis(B&G) conference championship will be determined by a conference meet.  The schools will be able to schedule other schools in the conferce for the regular season,if they wish,  but will not count in the conference standings. 

That makes sense.  I actually think the NIC will be stronger in wrestling with the addition of the four from the NSC.  Jimtown and New Prairie have especially good programs, and Glenn and Bremen always have a couple semi-state or state qualifiers.  Not that any of them could beat Penn or Mishawaka straight up, but they will definitely add strength to the NIC conference wrestling meet!

8-5 vote is a little interesting.  If I were a betting man I would say the 5 no votes were from the 4 new additions and Penn.  Cannot see a Penn vs NP/Jimtown/Bremen girls basketball game being all that enticing!

It would be interesting for sure.  Know some of the more powerful soccer programs were not wanting to play the weaker teams either.

It is for 4 years and who knows what the conference will look like in 4 years.

St Joe offered to move to the larger division but in 4 years have the option of moving down (applies to football)

Yea can see that being a problem with soccer as they can only play about 15 games and now 11 are conference matches.